Mel's ViparSpectra XS 2000 Sponsored Grow - Blueberry & Northern Lights

I am interested in this one. I am thinking about trying Blueberry myself next year. I am planning on Acapulco Gold, Golden Tiger, but I still have two slots to fill. I have gotten Blueberry freebies in the past and have a few to try.

You mentioned earlier that you've grown it before, how much did it stretch after flip? Did it double or more?
Also if you've grown it more than once, did they develop the same each time and are there lots of different phenos?

Did your previous Blueberrys have wide or narrow leaves? I think narrow leafed plants can be grown thicker than wide leafed strains. More light gets through to lower buds.
I kept the lights as close as I could without damage during the stretch phase, so it didn't quite double.
I've only had one pheno, but I've only grown it twice, both with extremely wide leaves.
According to what I've read, there are actually 2 types, Blueberry (bred by DJ Short) and Sativa Blueberry (bred by his son JD). That's caused some confusion as to whether or not there's a sativa pheno of the original, especially since there's some Thai sativa in it, and some breeders crossed the two without knowing.
If I've understood correctly JD's version was backcrossed with the purple Thai and then stabilized as a sativa dominant.
Almost all of what's available is the indica dominant, but I've seen a couple of sativa leaning phenos in pics. I think @Krissi Carbone had a satva pheno?

I have a few sativa Phenos, yes! What are you lo9king to fill the slots with GW? AG is getting ran again for me come spring, too btw!!!

I've got two spaces and I think I'm better off just growing one strain at a time in the tray. I've tried growing more than one strain in the same "flood and drain" tray and it doesn't seem to work as well for me.
I can get two grows in per season, so two spaces equals four strains a season.

I ask about the stretch because I have modified my pvc screen frame to accept a 2nd screen. I will also have different vertical pieces above the 1st screen so I can vary the height of the 2nd screen depending on the expected stretch of the strain. On this years grow, no 2nd screen and my 2nd two strains stretched more than I was ready for and laid over. They turned out okay except for the Headroom Incident putting on an unseen pollen pod and fertilizing the whole tray. I'm thinking putting the 2nd screen 15" above the first for the Acapulco Gold as it seems to be a taller strain. I will also use the 15" on the Golden Tiger. Hopefully that will be enough support to keep them vertical.

The two strains above will give me my sativas, so now I would like to choose two indicas. I knew the Blueberry had Thai in it, but I thought it smoked like an indica. I also hope to get some good rosin producing strains. On this years grow the Vanillia Kush produced the most rosin, and the fertilized Headroom Incident is a poor rosin producer. The Hawaii Maui Waui produced pretty good and surprise surprise, the Panama is looking to be a decent producer as well. So far my rosin production seems to be below average when compared to what others are getting. I'm not too worried as I have more than I can use of both bud and rosin and always give lots away. :rolleyes:

I've got two spaces and I think I'm better off just growing one strain at a time in the tray. I've tried growing more than one strain in the same "flood and drain" tray and it doesn't seem to work as well for me.

I ask about the stretch because I have modified my pvc screen frame to accept a 2nd screen. I will also have different vertical pieces above the 1st screen so I can vary the height of the 2nd screen depending on the expected stretch of the strain. On this years grow, no 2nd screen and my 2nd two strains stretched more than I was ready for and laid over. They turned out okay except for the Headroom Incident putting on an unseen pollen pod and fertilizing the whole tray. I'm thinking putting the 2nd screen 15" above the first for the Acapulco Gold as it seems to be a taller strain. I will also use the 15" on the Golden Tiger. Hopefully that will be enough support to keep them vertical.

The two strains above will give me my sativas, so now I would like to choose two indicas. I knew the Blueberry had Thai in it, but I thought it smoked like an indica. I also hope to get some good rosin producing strains. On this years grow the Vanillia Kush produced the most rosin, and the fertilized Headroom Incident is a poor rosin producer. The Hawaii Maui Waui produced pretty good and surprise surprise, the Panama is looking to be a decent producer as well. So far my rosin production seems to be below average when compared to what others are getting. I'm not too worried as I have more than I can use of both bud and rosin and always give lots away. :rolleyes:
Effects wise Blueberry has always given me a happy stoned feeling more than a high. Definitely indica, even though I don't usually wait for amber with it.
It's one of my favourite indicas, and I'm happy to be growing it again. Given the similar lineage between it and Northern Lights I'm really hoping to be able to compare the effects between them.

Have you ran an AG before, GW? The only one I ran remained pretty stout but she was super wide so idk if you want to take that into consideration? I don't know if that holds true for all AG strains

Effects wise Blueberry has always given me a happy stoned feeling more than a high. Definitely indica, even though I don't usually wait for amber with it.
It's one of my favourite indicas, and I'm happy to be growing it again. Given the similar lineage between it and Northern Lights I'm really hoping to be able to compare the effects between them.
Go team Blueberry! One of my favorites too and also a favorite of @Bill284! An indica yes, but gives you energy and makes you happy.:passitleft:

Go team Blueberry! One of my favorites too and also a favorite of @Bill284! An indica yes, but gives you energy and makes you happy.:passitleft:
My poor Blueberry Mom. :rolleyes:
Love that strain.
Gives me the giggles, hehe
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

That sounds good to me. My seeds are Seedsman, so they are probably the indica leaning too.

Have you ran an AG before, GW? The only one I ran remained pretty stout but she was super wide so idk if you want to take that into consideration? I don't know if that holds true for all AG strains
No, but they are Barney's Farm feminized photoperiod. I remember your grow and it seemed to be a tallish plant and I think it was the one you had to tie up.
I will use my first screen to spread them out and the 2nd screen to support them. Yours had narrow leaves, correct? if so I think the light penetration should be okay. I tend to grow the plants pretty thick so I should be okay. I've got three seeds so as long as I get two to grow, I will be okay. I look forward to seeing what you do. I don't remember what you thought of the AG smoke. Does it have the flavor of the old Mexican strains?

Love that strain.
Take care.

You had me at my poor Blueberry Mom :rofl:

Day 1
Yep, I'm calling this day one.
We've officially got two plants above ground. The numbering of the days doesn't affect the plants, so if the Zkittlez shows up in a day or a few, she'll get a fake ID.

Blueberry
@Canuk Seeds

Northern Lights
@Herbies Seeds

I know the soil looks soaked, but it's dry just below the surface. I finished watering the pot after planting the seedling.
The same bud will affect two people in different ways, it relaxes me more than giving me energy, but it definitely makes me happy.
Love that strain.
Take care.

My condolences.
I haven't found a strain that gives me the giggles since highschool!
That sounds good to me. My seeds are Seedsman, so they are probably the indica leaning too.
Probably. Like I said, one of my favourites!
Yaaay!! I was just saying to someone rather recently how I have yet to run a full NL and I'd really like to for several medicinal benefits. I'm super looking forward to watching this one!
It's the first Northern Lights for me, so I'm excited to grow it now!

Day 1
Yep, I'm calling this day one.
We've officially got two plants above ground. The numbering of the days doesn't affect the plants, so if the Zkittlez shows up in a day or a few, she'll get a fake ID.

Blueberry
@Canuk Seeds

Northern Lights
@Herbies Seeds

I know the soil looks soaked, but it's dry just below the surface. I finished watering the pot after planting the seedling.

The same bud will affect two people in different ways, it relaxes me more than giving me energy, but it definitely makes me happy.

My condolences.
I haven't found a strain that gives me the giggles since highschool!

Probably. Like I said, one of my favourites!

It's the first Northern Lights for me, so I'm excited to grow it now!
Apple Betty is my new favorite.
Euphoric and giggles, great smoke.
Those peat pods , the mesh has a tear strip to pull it off usually.
Otherwise just cut them off before planting. :Namaste:
Better for the roots.
Happy birthday on the new girls.
Hope everything is going well my friend.
Take care.

Day 2
Well, I have some bad news. The Northern Lights isn't doing well.

Northern Lights
Vision Seeds @Herbies Seeds

But the Blueberry is doing just fine!

Blueberry
@Canuk Seeds @True North Seed Bank

The Zkittlez is poking up some soil, so hopefully I'll have another plant to replace the Northern Lights soon. At this point I don't think I'll be ordering any more seeds from Vision.

Apple Betty is my new favorite.
Euphoric and giggles, great smoke.
Those peat pods , the mesh has a tear strip to pull it off usually.
Otherwise just cut them off before planting. :Namaste:
Better for the roots.
Happy birthday on the new girls.
Hope everything is going well my friend.
Take care.

I'm looking forward to growing the Apple Betty seeds I have!
I haven't had any problems with the mesh so far, and I've been using them for years. All the plants I've grown so far since joining here have been started in them without it being removed, but I'll be looking at the roots of all my plants to see if there's any sign of a problem. One thing I noticed is that the mesh is different here in Canada than the ones in the US.
Congrats on the babies Mel! :Rasta:
Thanks GDB!
Sounds interesting, go team 👏. CL🍀
I'm really happy at the prospect of filling some jars with it!
Congratulations big daddy!

♥️♥️
Thanks Tra!
Here for the ride! Looking good so far!
Welcome to my journal, and thanks Mike!

Sorry about the Northern Lights Mel. Let's hope Zkittlez and Apple Betty get their grow on like your cute Blueberry baby.

Back
Top Bottom