Mmmmick 288W LED Development SCROG White Widow

Wow Mmmmick! They look amazing and I can't wait to see them as they mature.

What does Superthrive do? Any info is appreciated. :peace:

Thanks Blue, I'm anxiously waiting for them to get a little swell goin'.

SuperThrive is a vitamin/hormone solution that supposedly enhances growth and yield. One drop per gallon maintenance dose and 1 ml/gallon for active developement or stress relief. I also use a drop in my presoak water for clones. 15 minutes in water with SuperThrive after cutting, then into the cloner or rooting medium.

Interesting, looking good for the most part. How close is the light?

I mean they look healthy as can be, that afghani is missing something no? I'm sure they'll pack it up last few weeks... I read your only supposed to use superthrive one time in plants life... false?
*read your post closer, and if theres a maintenance dose must be false...
Keep it up mickey:thumb:

* just noticed your avatar as I was listening to paint it black, Stones man? Then again who doesn't like the stones?

*Maybe its just a hairy tounge lol, makes sense on a cannabis forum

The light was recently moved down to 10".

The Afghani (and the Mango on the right front)is at least a couple of weeks younger than the others, but it's also in the same position the runt was in during my last grow. That one yielded only 21g, about half the yield the others gave. Maybe I've still got bad air flowing over that first position when the cab is open. Room is positive pressure though, so I shouldn't be pulling stale household air into the room.

They're healthy, sticky, smell great and the widow, at least, is loading up on trichs. Better than anything I've grown yet, which isn't exactly saying much when you come right down to it. So I don't really know what they should look like at this point. Hell I don't even know if an 8 week plant finishes 8 weeks after flipping to 12's or 8 weeks after pistils start to show.

Both scrogs stalled last week, had most pistils start to brown up but they're far from finished, not even swelling yet. See what developes.

Yeah SuperThrive is usable throughout the life of the plant, from everything I've read but there a lot of different opinions out there.

Yeah I like the Stones. I got it so bad I even like it when Keith sings ballads, lol.

Feel free to call me Mmmmick or M.:)

Good shit man, gotta love keith, in that stones concert dvd that came out a few years back you see him sliding up and down stage spittin out cigs like hes not in his 60's. Lol look what I found while googling his age..

Craggy-faced rocker Keith Richards has revealed that he is still unashamedly smoking weed "all the time", and somewhat unsurprisingly, that he is having a hard time remembering much of his wild life to put in his autobiography.

The 64-year-old rock veteran of the Rolling Stones said he is writing his life story, but it is proving to be difficult as he has trouble remembering what happened yesterday.

Former heroin addict Keith, whose career has been notoriously awash with drugs, admitted: "I smoke my head off. I smoke weed all the damn time.

"But that's my benign weed. That's all I take, that's all I do. But I do smoke, and I've got some really good hash."

No disrespect meant on the last post if it came out wrong. The Afi being younger explains a lot, Keep up what your doing.

ps: I have a LED cabinet full of autos so any side notes on budding distances is appreciated.

heheh yeah he amazes me, that he's still kickin around after all the abuse gives us all hope. I'm not so sure it's the weed that's clouding his memory tho, heheh.

I think I read that same bit a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure he does have some really good hash, heheh.
I caught him hosting a music video show years ago. He was sitting in front of a bar and I knew it wasn't gonna end well. By the end of the show he was absolutely loaded, just freakin garbled but he was still on the stool, lol.

I use the same philosophy, smoke does the trick for me. I haven't messed with anything else in a loooong time.

No disrespect taken Outdoorsman, I just don't want to be confused with a Disney character, lol.

The afi is younger but they all seem a little slow to me, I need to get a few grows in so I have a better idea what to expect. All my previous attempts had major issues that influenced where the plants where at various stages, so I don't know what normal looks like yet. That said, I do expect leds to take a bit longer.

I have no problem with anybody questioning what I'm doing or offering ideas, don't be shy if you see something that needs discussion. Only thing I won't tolerate is flaming, I like to keep it civil.

I'm probably keeping the led a little distant but I don't see the point of lighting up 1/4 of the screen while the edges lose out so I compromised at 10". I've seen leds as low as 4" in flower but the buds were bleached and sugar leaves were actually colorless/white. I'm sure I could drop a couple of inches and not harm the tops but a meter square was the area under test so I need to try to even out coverage to some extent.

I grew out an auto Haze, my first auto, under flouros then a 90w UFO, finished under my spare 288w. Lost most of the fan leaves early in flower when it suddenly started to feed heavy, after wanting no nutes in veg, but it still yielded 30g and was surprisingly good smoke. I just ordered some Lowlife auto Hindu Kush to try another auto run somewhere down the road.

What strains you got on the go, wattage , etc.

Hay Mick, that is a handsome screen. The Afghani looks like she's really starting to hold up her corner :cheer:

What do you think causes the stall? I understand plateaus and then getting on with things, but I've had stalls (no Horse jokes, please ;) that went on til the end. Bad parenting?

:peace:

Thanks Horse. I've never owned so many leaves at this stage, they've usually all run away by now.:)
The Afghani is starting to come around. Pistils are so thin they look grey, delicate thing she is. Hope she's a killer,heheh.
Ok, I had 2 horse jokes but I deleted them. They weren't fresh anyway, heheh.

Probably hormones that require a certain level before the next stage can kick in. I should see new sugar leaves soon.

So what you smokin' on? Has a week given the Jack a tweak?

Hola Mr. M, I have a 47"x20"x72" storage wardrobe that I threw a padlock on. One half a 180 some watt penetrator pro and the other split half a 2' 4 bulb T5 keeping my mataro blue veggin nicely.(looks like bonsai tree for real)

1- easryder on 3rd week
2-easyryder. 1-roadrunner. 14 days

Starting to get the feel for the penetrator, dont have much headspace if I want big buds, so ive been keeping the light closer, as a result my 23 day old is 6" tall and 12" from tip to tip on first set of fans, ill post some pics if you would like.

hey Outdoorsman, sounds like you're doing what's needed to keep them low and wide. Leds work well for that when you play with the height over plants. That wardrobe might turn into quite the bud generator.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind having a look at them.:popcorn:

Go ahead.

I don't know what the problem is with 420 lately but it's beginning to irritate the hell out of me.

Been going on since the weekend.

Login troubles, posting is slow, editing is becoming a trashcan. WTF??????????????????????????????????????

I know what your saying in the morning, forget about it, i don't even try to log in. it seems to get better in the afternoon.

hi sonzor, I might be able to live with slow, once it's gone for me it's dead for an hour or more. Don't always have the time to wait.

Have you picked your keepers out of the LBH yet?

Hey Mmmmick!

420 was almost unusable for me the last few days but now it's fine. I'll bet they had to do either a db reorg or a router was down.

I read what I thought was a really interesting post on another board about how to tell when your plants are ready. I'll pm it to you.

I'm counting days from pistils and at 67 days they're still not done. Still swelling and the trichs are just turning cloudy.

This guy maintains you should wait until the calyxes are so swollen they basically 'swallow' the pistils and that many growers harvest too early. It's one thing if you're a commercial grower but we generally are personal growers who want the best we can do.

I dunno I'm a newbie but I'm going as long as I can stand it, at least till a fair amount of amber.

Take care my friend.

yeah Blue, I'm getting great response now. Its been hit or miss since the weekend though. Damn frustrating, especially when in the middle of a long reply. I have enough trouble trying not to lose my responses without the website causing me grief, lol.

I'll watch for the pm, thanks. I don't time them by calendar but the trichs tell the tale. I'm just beginning to see a little swelling in the 126w scrog and this one should be coming around in a few days. I wouldn't mind understanding what the standard measure is though.

I strongly agree with that poster that most, or many, growers chop early. One of the local dealers puts out 8 to 10 lbs per crop but his trichs are always completely clear. I bitched about his Y2K buds being immature when my son was over with a sample and he went back to the guy and brought it up. His current crop got an extra 8 days and they are both raving about it. heheh Still got lots of clear trichs but it is definitely better imo. Now I'm trying to convince him to go an extra 2 weeks, lol, but I don't think he'll go for it. Haven't heard if his yield was better also.

Yeah some amber is a good thing I think. Personal preference in type of high and of course some strains just won't benefit from it. They amber up more during the cure so it might be worth considering the strain before you go to far into amber before chopping. With some strains you won't gain body effect, merely lose some of the high if they go too far.

I'm close enough to newb that I still have volumes to learn. I try to read as much as possible and hope some of it sticks to benefit my grows.

Thanks Blue, you too. Eventually we'll be pro's at this.:thumb:

Will be thinking of you as I flip the meat.

This made me laugh til I cried! I hope you don't mind me taking it out of context and putting it in my sig so I get an extra laugh every time I log in.

Edit: Oh, and looking great Mick! Makes me wish I had something growing right now.

Back
Top Bottom