Mmmmick 288W LED Development SCROG White Widow

Finally!! Good to be able to access the site once again and say howdy to all my old friends.......and to wish those that ripped off OMM a lifetime of extremely bad karma, body sores, and permanent erectile disfunction.

Finally!! Good to be able to access the site once again and say howdy to all my old friends.......and to wish those that ripped off OMM a lifetime of extremely bad karma, body sores, and permanent erectile disfunction.

I'm following you around OldSkoool :)

Mmmmick was having trouble logging in too! :smokin:

Thanks Horse. I've never owned so many leaves at this stage, they've usually all run away by now.:)
The Afghani is starting to come around. Pistils are so thin they look grey, delicate thing she is. Hope she's a killer,heheh.
Ok, I had 2 horse jokes but I deleted them. They weren't fresh anyway, heheh.

Probably hormones that require a certain level before the next stage can kick in. I should see new sugar leaves soon.

So what you smokin' on? Has a week given the Jack a tweak?

Hay Mick, you can horse around all you want :) I'm still hittin' the Old Power Plant, and a little taste of the Jack popcorns :grinjoint: still not fully cured, tho.

Had some AK48 last weekend, my newest quest! :tokin:

:peace:

Hello Mmmmick,
A agree with you on the amber, I prefer at least 50% but that's just me. When I smoke I love to just veg, relax and get some sleep.

I actually picked 2, The nine I had, 6 turned out to be female, so not too bad. 2 might be a little much for my little space but we will see. I may start a journal in the next couple of days and hopefully get some of your SCROG experience. I have no idea what the heck I am doing. I have been just pulling the branches down under the screen trying to fill it up but not sure when I should switch it to 12/12. I have been doing a bit of reading on the subject and some say the worse thing you can do is switch too late, others say the opposite. Some say cut the fan leaves other say don't. Some say clean up the underneath others so don't. The more I read the more confused I get.

Anyway sorry for the rant. Peace.....

This made me laugh til I cried! I hope you don't mind me taking it out of context and putting it in my sig so I get an extra laugh every time I log in.

Edit: Oh, and looking great Mick! Makes me wish I had something growing right now.
heheh and a fine piece of meat it was.

Thanks JG, I'll be in the inactive camp with you for a while after the chop. Rearranging the grow room and scrubbing every inch. (of the grow room):)

Hey Mmmmick how's it going? Hope you're not snowed in up there and all is well.
Hey Blue, going pretty well. We've been getting a little more than usual snowfall,but nothing like some of the big storms that have hammered the US. A little snow won't keep us down for long.

A gust of wind kicks up the sand and Tumble weed rolls by ... where the heck is Mmmmick?:scratchinghead:
heheh hey sisco. I got lost between the snow and the tumbleweeds. Just waiting for lights on so I can get an update together.

He's counting his buds...what else would he be doing? :grinjoint:
yep, counting my buds and practising my magic act, where I make them vanish in a puff of smoke.

Hey OldSkool. good to see you. I've been having some of the same troubles. Seems to have improved. I'll second that wish for those who disturbed OMM's peaceful garden.

I'm following you around OldSkoool :)

Mmmmick was having trouble logging in too! :smokin:
hi OMM, login seems to be better, or I'm just getting lucky.

Hay Mick, you can horse around all you want :) I'm still hittin' the Old Power Plant, and a little taste of the Jack popcorns :grinjoint: still not fully cured, tho.

Had some AK48 last weekend, my newest quest! :tokin:

:peace:

Hay Horse, I deleted them because I'm much too stable to tell stall jokes at your expense.

All very worthy strains, Horse. The Jack will come around with a little time in the jar, no doubt. So many strains out there, we can always find a new favorite. What a great hobby.
:cheer:

Hello Mmmmick,
A agree with you on the amber, I prefer at least 50% but that's just me. When I smoke I love to just veg, relax and get some sleep.

I actually picked 2, The nine I had, 6 turned out to be female, so not too bad. 2 might be a little much for my little space but we will see. I may start a journal in the next couple of days and hopefully get some of your SCROG experience. I have no idea what the heck I am doing. I have been just pulling the branches down under the screen trying to fill it up but not sure when I should switch it to 12/12. I have been doing a bit of reading on the subject and some say the worse thing you can do is switch too late, others say the opposite. Some say cut the fan leaves other say don't. Some say clean up the underneath others so don't. The more I read the more confused I get.

Anyway sorry for the rant. Peace.....

Hi Sonzor, I'm usually looking for similar effects in my smoke. A lighter smoke is nice for the occasional afternoon burn, but I don't tend to smoke until evenings most days. Then the amber does it's magic.

Good ratio of females.:thumb: They'll be smaller indoors so 2 might work out fine. I should only have 4 in my space, so I have to really work at airflow.
I'll keep an eye out for your journal. I always enjoy your grows and I'm more than willing to help out in any way that I can.
70 to 80% full screen is the number tossed around for when to flower. Strain dependant of course. Sativas will need more room than that usually.
It does take a bit of guesswork to determine when to stop tucking. You've grown the strain so that will help a bit.

I would tuck rather than cut leaves when possible but it's important to keep good airflow through the canopy as it can get pretty thick in there. PM can find small pockets of still air and thrive. I'm not shy too do some trimming when needed.
I clean up the underside just to help with airflow. I did let the popcorn grow this time, but I should have taken it sooner to allow the main buds to benefit from the energy used to grow popcorn.
There are many opinions on scrog methods, but probably most important is to have good air movement over and through the canopy(more opinion, lol). The tucking and trimming etc can be tweaked as you learn. This current scrog is too congested, so you can see I'm still learning as well.

Good luck with those two ladies Sonzor, hope they fill out nicely for you.

Day64 of 12/12

Thinned the canopy significantly due to a couple of spots of pm showing up in the undercanopy. Definitely need better fans in the cabinet. I've got a couple of tower fans in mind, but there are none in stock this time of year. They'll be in by the time I'm ready to grow again. The PM is not a major issue this round but a few spots are a few too many. The bulb in my new UV-c air treatment unit failed already, a freebie replacement is supposed to be in the mail.

Plants have had their last 50% feeding, cutting back to 30% for a couple of final feedings, then I'll start to flush.

Sorry for the limited pics, messed my shoulder up a couple of days ago and it's a little painful getting the angles for pics.

IMG_39251.JPG

IMG_3897.JPG

Hi sisco, I considered a sulphur burner but I don't want a layer of burnt sulphur on everything. Assuming, of course that will happen. I need to get control of the air in the cabinet first and if that doesn't fix the PM issue I'll look at alternatives, so I appreciate the suggestion and thanks for the link. I know my fans are lacking and have to address that issue first. PM is only showing up in the areas where airflow is lacking.

Yeah the plants are hanging in pretty well. The green will start to come out of them as I reduce/eliminate the nutes for the last few weeks.
Thanks for stopping in bro.:cheer:

Hey mmmmmick, they are looking great nice job man.

Sorry about that picture thing I recently sold my camera after posting about my plants, anything I take with my phone isn't worth posting so just thought Id let you know what happened.

So when do we start guessing dry weights?

Im sorry but I can't find out how many plants are under that screen, you said 6 earlier in the thread so ill go with that... prediction ready... let me know if your taking guesses :reading420magazine:

Hi Outdoorsman, thanks.

I was wondering what happened to your pics. No problem, I was just a little concerned I might have been less welcoming than I intended. Hope the plants are doing well.

Yield guess are always welcome. 6 plants so anything over 6 z's is fine with me. I'm definitely going with 4 for my next round. Munki suggested that before I started this round and it was good advice, although I went with 6 anyway in order to try to get a comparison with last round. I'll try 4 in bigger bags, I'd rather have less yield and no PM.

I have trouble figuring which buds are on which plants due to the congestion, so I can see how it might be tricky for you.

Looking good Mmmmick!!

I'm going with and 8.5 ounces just because I can.....:smokin:

:Namaste:

Hi sonzor, thank you my friend.

I see you've got your journal started, I've been away but I'll be right over to sub. You'll have a great canopy going in no time. Mine should start to fade soon, cutting nutes back to finish.

Hello, Mmmmick

Still a canopy I would kill for. Very nice....

No doubt! I let my most recent grow just kind of run wild, final quantities while reduced, will be decent (for the size of the space) but nothing amazing, that was directly due to my not training the plants.

I let things go naturally so I could better understand the hows and whys of canopy management for better yields in the future. Between that and getting to follow Mmmmick's scrog here, it's starting to make sense and I've come away a smarter gardener.

On with the grow!
:popcorn:

Oh, BTW - 247 grams is my guesstimate! :morenutes:

hey endive, it'll come with a couple of grows. I'm still tweaking, mainly air movement issues at this point. It's easy to get too much greenery at first. I'm still trying to get a handle on nute needs etc as well but that'll come in time.

The learning curve becomes less steep as time goes on. I'm counting on my next scrog to be the best. I'll probably say that after that one too, lol.

Thanks for the comments. It's good to know the journal helps others get there a little faster.

247g's sounds great.

Back
Top Bottom