Thanks so much Sara!!! Hope your having a great Tuesday morning:welcome: to the Outdoor Kitchen. There are 30 plants in there right now, however I will be adding a bunch hopefully today to veg out in the beautiful fresh air. Red Afro, Sex Wax, Green Gelato, Kalashnikov, & Alaskan Purple. I know it's going to get tight but I will rearrange. I want to see some colour:love: out there. These strains are pretty awesome and Kalashnikov is more sativa dominate and wants to stretch and play so I'm not going to hold her back. :cheer:

I have figured out how I am going to black out my Greenhouse. I was drawing out so many plans till I got one that I feel may work.

The greenhouse is 20ft L, 10 ft W, by 10ft H. I'll post my drawing this morning (just want to finish my morning tea lol) if you see something I should maybe consider please PLEASE feel free to drop a note here. :nerd-with-glasses: I am 5'2ft so I need something that will help me daily manually cover the entire greenhouse, that I can do by myself. Pretty excited. I think I got it. Many many drawings later...

I know I have to black out soon, like preferably in the next couple weeks (latest beginning of July) because they are showing preflower, days are still getting longer. I will also buy a dehumidifier for the greenhouse to minimize the humidity of our west coast air. I am hoping to finish beginning of September. Before the big rains as the greenhouse sweats and will just be to humid.

:420:

Here is my plan for blacking out the greenhouse.
I plan on using blackout plastic. Attaching it to an aluminum adjustable pole that will become the arm and that arm is going to attach in the centre in front of the greenhouse with a hinge and pin set up. I am going to build out a frame of wood from the greenhouse floor that's securing the actual green house structure. Then I'll will be attaching the hinge to that new wood frame that will be spiked into the ground to secure the Apparatus. I need to use aluminum or some light wood but I'm going to go to the hardware store and look for aluminum because the way to the plastic and then trying to lift it up and over I don't want it rubbing and it can't be too heavy. Even though I swear I'm super strong ha ha. So I may also put a rope up that can help guide the plastic up and over without rubbing on the greenhouse.That's not in the picture but if I see that I need it I'll be putting it up. So I'm not quite sure if you can make that out with my beautiful artistic plan o gram.
Please feel free to drop your thoughts I'm open to them until I have it built and then I will have to learn from any consequence. Wish me luck :high-five:

It's starting to get full in there Momma. I can't really picture what you're describing for blackout on the greenhouse. A quick thought that popped into my head black out Poly draped over the entire greenhouse. Then you can roll up each side to the middle. You would probably need 2 people for that. I don't know I going to go smoke a joint and think about it.

It's starting to get full in there Momma. I can't really picture what you're describing for blackout on the greenhouse. A quick thought that popped into my head black out Poly draped over the entire greenhouse. Then you can roll up each side to the middle. You would probably need 2 people for that. I don't know I going to go smoke a joint and think about it.
Okay thanks Smokey. I thought something like that or a pully system like a cloths line from back to front but after looking at it. I don't think it would work.

Kinda like dump trucks that have that arm that covers their loads but made with plastic.

Greenhouse
Date: 6.16.20
Serving: 22.5g MC/5gal
Serving fluid amount per plant: 2L
Pot Size: 3 gal
Outside conditions: Cloudy
Temp: 14
Stage: Late Veg
Additives/Medicine: Bug Be Gone
Pests: Spider Mites (preventive)

Greenhouse
Date: 6.16.20
Serving: 21g MC/5gal
Serving fluid amount per plant: 2L
Pot Size: 3 gal
Outside conditions: Cloudy
Temp: 14
Stage: Mid-Late Veg
Additives/Medicine: Bug Be Gone
Pests: Spider Mites (preventive)

I picture your design. I’ve seen something similar for commercial use. So will it be 3 aluminum poles/L-frames holding the movable side of the tarp - one on each end and one lengthwise connecting between the other two? And the two end poles are connected to a hinge on the ground, so that the frame, with blackout tarp attached, can swing over from one side to the other - thus covering the greenhouse. Sounds simple, but maybe not light. I think two people would be needed for a 20-foot-long greenhouse.

Back
Top Bottom