Mono's Monster 2.0

Wow 10L?! That's crazy!! My girl takes 5L with no run off of 6L with mebbe 100-200ml run off. Your beauty must be exploding right now! :bravo:

Since I'm bottom feeding, I just emptied out the 10 litre container of water and nutrients into the tray she is sitting on, it was all sucked up around an hour later. Trying to feed as intensively as possible at the moment as since she is stretching. Want a nice strong foundation for some nice big buds ;)

What stage of growth are you in bud? 5 - 6 litres of solution is a really healthy uptake :):)

Since I'm bottom feeding, I just emptied out the 10 litre container of water and nutrients into the tray she is sitting on, it was all sucked up around an hour later. Trying to feed as intensively as possible at the moment as since she is stretching. Want a nice strong foundation for some nice big buds ;)

What stage of growth are you in bud? 5 - 6 litres of solution is a really healthy uptake :):)

Today is the start of week 4 for me. Gonna get my defol on when I get home from work in the morning. Here's a pic from last week. Please lemme know if it's not ok and I will remove it. :)
DSC_011323.JPG

Thanks guys! This lady is the culmination of 2 years solid stalking here on :420:! :)

Your not the only one to stalk the journals, i did it for ages too... We all did....

Lovely girl you got there, many buds coming your way fellow grower

Edibles are amazing, aren't they? Especially since they can be made using leaves and stems which would generally just be composted or thrown away.

The first loads of cannabutter we made had a very strong cannabis taste, Like Canad420 said, chocolate masks the taste very well.

We have it down now, that there is little to no cannabis taste in the butter. Not 100% on what causes it, but if you make sure the trim or buds are dry. Not like curable dry, I mean crispy dry to the point you can crumble a bud by rubbing it between your fingers and ensure to not let any leaf matter through while straining the cannabis taste is greatly reduced.

The Auto seeds arrived today, so I will do an update this evening when the light comes back on :thumb:
I've made canna butter once using buds. We decarboxulated the buds then broke them up and put them in a water and melted butter mix in a croc pot for about 6 hrs, stirring occasionally. My question is, do you and the Mrs. Decarboxylate to make the oils ready to bind to the butter, or just add the dry leaves and stems and go from there? Sorry for the late post, just wanted to pick your brain.

I've made canna butter once using buds. We decarboxulated the buds then broke them up and put them in a water and melted butter mix in a croc pot for about 6 hrs, stirring occasionally. My question is, do you and the Mrs. Decarboxylate to make the oils ready to bind to the butter, or just add the dry leaves and stems and go from there? Sorry for the late post, just wanted to pick your brain.

Initially when we first started making butter we would decarboxylate the trim before making butter. Now we just make sure the trim is dry (to the point it crumbles to dust in your fingers) and add to the butter, cooking for only 90 minutes makes a potent final product.

A few things we noticed when using water - there is usually more of a grassy taste and small leafy matter in the butter. Plus it doesn't freeze as well as just butter, in our experience it went moldy... ;)

Seems a bit quicker and much easier just to chuck some butter and trim on to heat. Does decarboxylating increase the potency of the butter?

Initially when we first started making butter we would decarboxylate the trim before making butter. Now we just make sure the trim is dry (to the point it crumbles to dust in your fingers) and add to the butter, cooking for only 90 minutes makes a potent final product.

A few things we noticed when using water - there is usually more of a grassy taste and small leafy matter in the butter. Plus it doesn't freeze as well as just butter, in our experience it went moldy... ;)

Seems a bit quicker and much easier just to chuck some butter and trim on to heat. Does decarboxylating increase the potency of the butter?
From what I've read, decarboxulating releases the oils so they bond better with the butter. The butter we made seemed quite potent, especially to nismo12. We have only made canna butter once, so we have no other batch to compare it to.

We trimmed under the Scrog last weekend. There were a lot of clippings from the 4 pk plants we have in flower. We are now letting that dry slowly in a Rubbermaid container. After harvest, and after we have all the clippings from harvest, we plan on doing 2 things with the clippings.
1. We are going to put the clippings in ice water in bubble bags to get the trichomes and make a hash.
2. We are going to then use the same clippings, decarboxylate them, then make butter.
I think since the cannabis oils will freeze in the bubble bags, and all we take from that process are the trichomes, that the canna butter still has a good chance of being potent. That's just my theory. We will see how it holds up after harvest. Lol

It was around two weeks into flowering on Mono's Monster 1.0 that I had a go at adding molasses to the nutrient solution. I'm still not totally sure on the benefits, if there are any at all when growing in coco.

However, I'm going to add them again this run... With a slight twist.

Currently she is being bottom fed, which is working great. The thinking with molasses is they will create a bit of a sticky mess on the base of the pot... So it seems like a good plan to bottom feed as I am, and add molasses directly once or twice a week, whilst watering from the top.

:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom