Mono's Monster - One Plant - 600 Grams

Coming along nicely mate , is she drinking 10 litres in the one feed , keep an eye on her, my biggest girl was drinking the same 10 litres every morning and I only just realised 12 hours later she was drying up so now I have to feed the big pig 10 litres in the morning and 6 litres 12 hours later.

Keep up the good work brother!

You should see her swell now that you have done some defol. I also prefer a lighter defol regimen as opposed to striping the plant bare.

Yep I try and tuck as much as possible then defol what I must but I keep it to a minimum, I've had a lot of success just making the branches make room I will her to grow how I want her and if she doesn't then I get kinky( bend her) then I tie her up ( LST) but I only cut bits off her if she's really naughty hahaha

Mono,
Beautiful view. If that's what you wake up to everyday.....I can see why you grow such big gals.:high-five:

I agree, this girl is going to be one of the POTM/POTY pinups for sure if you enter her. The speed at which she is growing and budding is just fantastic.

:thumb:
Bob

Thanks Guys.

I have a feeling she may slow up a little bit over the next week or so before picking up again. Decided to go back to my time tested flowering techniques which does slow them up somewhat.

But hey, what's an extra 10 days or so when we have come this far ;)

Just in time to see this monster go crazy! Wow! Stoked to see her fill out!

Welcome buddy :).

Coming along nicely mate , is she drinking 10 litres in the one feed , keep an eye on her, my biggest girl was drinking the same 10 litres every morning and I only just realised 12 hours later she was drying up so now I have to feed the big pig 10 litres in the morning and 6 litres 12 hours later.

Keep up the good work brother!

I hit her at lights on with 5 litres of nutes then again during the dark when I get up for work. So it's split quite evenly throughout a 24 hour period. I had noticed the same, if I gave her it all at once she was drying up before lights came back on.

You should see her swell now that you have done some defol. I also prefer a lighter defol regimen as opposed to striping the plant bare.

Hmm, you might find my next update a little strange lol

Mono mate, ya lady is gorgeous.... But that view, is my idea of heaven.... You are lucky family.... Stuff the city i reckon..... If my internet died for a few days.... Id miss :420:, but thats it.... I would have that landscape to stare at.... Id have me boots on, husky sorted out and id be off.... Immersed in natures beauty...

Great pic mate, i love the light levels close up compared to the clear blue sky around the mountain top....

I can see why you chose that house.....

Reckon you could hear a bat fart at night, its so peaceful. :rofl::rofl:

Anyways mate she is defo POTM/POTY Material.....

She reminds me sooo much of " TINY".... That plant of the year a few years back.... Wasnt she same strain as yours or very similar from same seedbank... Do you remember her Mono mate ??

Anyways, stoke the wood burner and blaze a phat one mate... Your girls epic,..... She gonna keep you going with bud for awhile, thats for certain :adore::adore::morenutes::morenutes::passitleft:

Thanks for the kind words bud.

Woke up again to a blizzard blowing outside, hopped in the car and drove the 65 miles to college only to find it's closed due to the weather, drove home. Total pain haha

Hope all is well with you after the bad news...

Update

So that's us been on 12/12 for 22 days now...To create a rather controversial discussion, It's about time we start to grow some buds instead of leaves. :thumb:

Since I started growing this wonderful plant, I have never allowed one to grow in the natural 'Christmas tree' style. I've also never (other than my last grow) allowed plants to grow without large amounts of defoliation. Funnily enough the grow with minimal defoliation ended up riddled with mould - I would rather that didn't happen again.

My monster was very crowded last night. Leaves all over the place, many intermediate colas were extremely under developed due to lack of direct light and there were suckers all over the underside. Not only are these smaller buds never going to develop without enough light, it's also a breeding ground for mould problems.

Here is a link to a fellow grower who uses much the same technique as I do - Increasing yield with defoliation indoors - What's it mean? How to do it? It's well worth a read for anyone interested in experimenting with defoliation.

One major benefit to defoliation early flowering is plenty of material to make butter for edibles :high-five:

Anyway...

I started by looking up from below the plant and grabbed any thin branch, pulled it down and inspected the bud to be. Anything that didn't look like an immature bud by this point was removed. In all about 30 suckers were taken off. I dare say these could be used as clones, but the stems are quite woody on a plant this age.

The next step was to look at the plant from above. From one side to the other I removed about 80% of fan leaves. Initially ones that were shading buds, then ones overlapping and resting against buds and finally everything in the lower 1/3rd of the canopy which is only receiving minimal light anyway.

Regardless of what people say about fan leaves being 'solar panels' Or 'food stores'. In my personal experience, Plants growing indoors don't need to store nutrients since we provide them in abundance, directly available to the plant. It also takes a lot longer to flush a plant clean of nutrients when you have to draw them out of the leaves before flushing it from the medium.

Leaves photosynthesis, yes. But that one fan leave at the canopy is shading a much greater number and area of smaller leaves all the way down the plant. Logic tells me that many smaller leaves are better than one large leave. BUT more importantly, buds need direct light to grow! No doubt about it. Many times I've moved some lower leaves week 6 in bloom only to find an imature bud that's very light green in colour. The bud is light green due to lack of light, not lack of nutrients

So, in short. I defoliated heavily last night which will stall her for about a week - One week longer in flowering will only increase yield, I've greatly reduced my chance of mould, I exposed over 30 bud sites that can now grow to their full potential AND, I went on to make some potent canna butter ;)

Plus... In 7 - 10 days, she will be full of fan leaves again :):)

:Namaste:

Lights are off at the moment. And the flash on my phone is terrible.

BUT.

A quick pic to give you a idea of what I was talking about ^^ above ;)

IMG_0737_1_.JPG

Looks good mate buds a plenty in there !
I don't think you've gone over the top by any means these bigger plants need a nice defol to let that light in , I have seen people thinking defol is DEEEEFOL ( vampire voice) and go riiiight over the top especially on small plants + rep mono you by my measures defoliated to perfection not to little not too much, Ps that shot is great crappy camera or not just look at all that nug building!

Screenshot_2015-12-02-00-41-55.png
Just as an example , a new grower recently asked me if he should defol this plant and I said no, it clearly does not need any defoliation at that stage , big difference between that and your monster

Screenshot_2015-12-02-00-41-55.png
Just as an example , a new grower recently asked me if he should defol this plant and I said no, it clearly does not need any defoliation at that stage , big difference between that and your monster

Just a slight difference :rofl:

That looks much better Mono, and you and I use a similar technique for removing fan leaves and popcorn bud. I've seen guys that strip the plant completely bare, so that they look like anorexic catwalk models.

Back
Top Bottom