Mr. Sauga's Sponsored Grow Journal - Featuring Atreum Lighting And Blue Planet Nutrients

I'm here!!!!
Sorry to make you wait. It must have been awful. I would miss me too. :battingeyelashes:

I'll go back and absorb the knowledge that you've no doubt, dropped.

I'm here!!!!
Sorry to make you wait. It must have been awful. I would miss me too. :battingeyelashes:

I'll go back and absorb the knowledge that you've no doubt, dropped.
I was pining. It feels right now! Glad you could make it. :hug:

:dude-knocking: Room for one more? I'm gonna hang around anyway but it's polite to ask:laughtwo: Detailed and well written updates. Sponsors are lucky to have you on board.
Thanks Vet, I really appreciate that. Things are a little slow as expected but I'll get an update in over the weekend. Thanks for following along. :Namaste:
lol, hello AJ! Word must be spreading about how much I love popcorn! Glad to have you here. :)

I'm leaving the rest of the row empty so you can store that business card of yours! ;)
I was just looking at the previous post, at all of @Cola Monster's accolades in awe - then this comment made me fire coffee out of my nose :rofl:

Just catching up, but I'm in, sounds like fun....

:popcorn:

This means you're a bona fide pro now Mr. S - staff and sponsorships and what not! :D

I'll be dropping by to gawk at all the pics to come!
Thanks NC! Stop by and gawk anytime. :high-five:
It's great to have you along for the ride!
I was just looking at the post before, at all of @Cola Monster's accolades in awe - then this comment made me fire coffee out of my nose :rofl:

Just catching up, but I'm in, sounds like fun....

:popcorn:
Haha, sorry brother. I really don't like ruining someone's morning coffee. Lesson learned... swallow first then go ahead and read the posts. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks for dropping in. :)

Page 4! New personal best :popcorn::passitleft:
Haha, good job Professor! Thanks for jumping in. :)
Nice setup !
Thanks Joey, and welcome aboard!
Nice gear. In to lurk on this one
Welcome DB, and lurk away! Lurkers are great since they don't bring any popcorn. :high-five:
Gonna tag on to this one. :ganjamon: I have been using Atreum for about a month now. It’s basically a ARA-4 in a 3x5. Awesome output. Can’t wait to see how you like the “6”!!!
That's what I like about their gear. You can get it to fit your needs. You want to go from a four to a five, add a bar and connector kit. Sounds like you're loving the ARA-4. Nice!
Great to have you along.

So where do you buy an Atreum light in Canada. I see on their website that they don't ship out side of the US
are there any dealers in Canada?

So where do you buy an Atreum light in Canada. I see on their website that they don't ship out side of the US
are there any dealers in Canada?
I'm not aware of any distributors here in Canada. I think the issue is duties and taxes. Of course there's extra paperwork involved but they may make some exceptions if you reach out to them via PM. @Atreum Lighting may not be able to help, but it's worth asking if you're interested in making a purchase.

I'm not aware of any distributors here in Canada. I think the issue is duties and taxes. Of course there's extra paperwork involved but they may make some exceptions if you reach out to them via PM. @Atreum Lighting may not be able to help, but it's worth asking if you're interested in making a purchase.
On their website it says its covid related, they were shipping up until November
I would prefer Canadian dealer to not have to deal with duties and taxes also hidden costs

I may seem naive, but I just don't get this U.S./Canada schism.

I remember from geography class that Canada is up north and we share a huge border (because we're on the same continent -- yes, I was paying attention in class).

So why the disconnect and why do we, as a people, stand for it?

"Give Us Unity or Else," should be our motto. Just haven't figured out the "or else" part yet. :straightface:

Hey everybody!

It doesn’t matter how many tools you have as a grower, if you’re not going to use them then there’s no point in having them.

Tools that manufacturer's give you
The ARA-6 as I mentioned comes with a dimmer. This is very important to remember when germinating seeds. I set the dial on my dimmer at around 50% for when the heads pop up.
1612052348728.png

Tools that growers should have
I have a little black case sitting on my slo ‘n dry fridge which contains a lux meter. This is a very important tool to use when germinating seeds, and it would have been the perfect time to use it. Mainly for two reasons. First, and most importantly, I have never used this light before. I have no idea what the ARA-6 can do other than use electricity. Secondly, I have no idea what the lux reading is at 50% output.
1612052673081.png

The RQS website uses the following chart as a recommendation for lux readings throughout the various stages of plant growth.

1612053099694.png

A few days ago I had dropped some beans in my sexy jars. Three out of the four had cracked; the Pakistan Valley Kush, the Pakistan Chitral Kush, and one of the Gorilla Glues. They were ready to be planted.

How many of you picked up on the part where I said ‘and it would have been the perfect time to use it’?

On the second day of planting I noticed the first signs of life with GG #1, poking her head out as she was breaking the soil. What a great way to start the day. I always love that part, and it made for a good drive to work.

On any given workday, and typically about an hour into my shift, I usually find myself thinking about the tents. More of what’s inside them and not so much the tents themselves, but this particular time I started thinking about the 50% power setting on the light and if it was going to be too strong for the newborn.

The day couldn’t end fast enough. As soon as I got home I kissed my dog and said hello to my wife. I ran downstairs to my Gorilla Glue which was now a Gorilla goo.

I immediately called the dumbass hotline just to find out they were waiting for me :hmmmm: , and I lowered the light intensity to its lowest setting. This surely was going to be enough to prevent any of the other seedlings from dying, right?

I’m not seeing any signs of life from GG #2 or the Pakistan Kush. However, I am pleased to announce that the Chitral Kush was making her way into the world. What a good way to end the day. I always love that part, and it made for a good time to sleep.

That sleep never happened. I kept dreaming about a light sabre poking me in the belly and woke up what felt like every half an hour. The next morning I was in such a rush I bounced my wife right out of the bed. I then kissed my dog and went and checked on the Chitral Kush. This is what I found. :)
1612053574479.png

She likes it! I ran back up the stairs, kissed my dog and picked my wife up off the floor and yelled ‘success!’ What a day it’s going to be.

OK, that's not what I found. That would be a miracle plant to grow that fast in 8 hours. That pic was from today. But it was so cute to see her make it through her first night.

Lessons learned
Shame on me for not using the lux meter. Laziness and cockiness were probably the main reasons why I never checked, and I deserved what I got.

My wife has not talked to me for two days, and I deserved what I got there too. I just want to be clear that no plants or dogs were harmed during this process!

Let's wrap it up
I performed some precision surgery today with a teaspoon and dug up the Pakistan Kush. This is what she looked like. She had cracked normally in the water and I expected her to be fine. It looks like she just rolled herself up into a ball and didn't want to play.
1612054019913.png

1612054099380.png

I also dug up the GG #2 which never cracked after 48 hours. She still had not cracked in the soil after inspection. I did squish her after to find that she had pulp in her, but just was in no hurry to visit this world. Probably caught wind of what happened to her sister I guess.

Sorry Amy, but I never dropped another Pakistan Kush. I went with two new GG's and another Chitral. All three have cracked and are now planted.

:Rasta:

Why that wife of yours puts up with you, I'll never know.
Stockholm syndrome probably.

Sorry about the seeds stalling and the solar death ray killing one of them.

I just got a brand new lux meter. I'll be sure to use it.

Back
Top Bottom