New City Grower 2.0

Topping : take the whole top and fim is you take 7/8 of the top, I told you I was learning.

Question 3

What is the difference between Topping & Fimming, and what are some of the reasons to chose one technique over the other?

Topping likely to create two new shoots and fimm more likely to create 4+ .
A topping involves taking the whole top of new growth, fim takes 80%

We have to call PAR into question on #2

Like for like is then the question.
I know #2 is somewhat still in the air but there's been plenty pof discussion about it here at :420:

I'm hoping we could get in depth with it this evening.

Yeah to answer number two we are going to need specs and par ratings from top rated LED companies

Topping likely to create two new shoots and fimm more likely to create 4+ .
A topping involves taking the whole top of new growth, fim takes 80%

Great answer Hiddenkoncept! I would only add that topping sends growth to the node just below the top creating two fast growing branches and fimming sends growth to entire lower plant creating more of a bush.

On #2 - it is debatable. All I can say is that LED's are coming on strong. I think HID still has LED beat on penetration per $ until you start factoring in long-term electricity and heat management costs.

Q3 Topping usually refers to cutting the "top" of the plant off, and forcing the lower vegetation to grow out. Fimming refers to "plucking" off the apical tip, where fimming is less stressful, it is also easily done to multiple bud sites. The plants should recover quicker from fimming than from a topping.

Great answer Hiddenkoncept! I would only add that topping sends growth to the node just below the top creating two fast growing branches and fimming sends growth to entire lower plant creating more of a bush.

reps for you my friend because thats very right, in my haste to get my answer out i missed out good info. well done

Back
Top Bottom