New Grower - Der Kommissar

Thanks... seems that everything is working awesome. Ran it's first complete 12 on/off under HIDs today. Dying to get a harvest under my belt so I can get some return on my investment. Might even try some of it....

Got my final light set up, monster hood for the middle, now I have to rotate the fixtures and bulbs around. Will take a few hours but once it's done it will be fundamentally finished.

Been a few weeks, thought I should post some pics..... Week 3 flowering.... Having some issues, the last pic shows some discoloring. I posted it in the main forum but never really got a consensus... anyone else care to weigh in?
IMG_0427_Copy_.JPG

IMG_0429_Copy_.JPG

IMG_0430_Copy_.JPG

IMG_0424_Copy_.JPG

It looks to me like the discoloration - yellowing - is only happening low down in the canopy. If that's the case, it is likely that the plant has no use for those lower fan leaves anymore. That happens naturally and is not an indicator of any deficiency or lockout. Other's opinions may vary.

Your garden looks great - you're packing on some serious buddage!

If you go here: Dyold's Grow 1 you will see where dyold had some concerns about yellowing three-four weeks into flower. If you follow the journal forward from page 18 you can see what people have to say about it. It should put your mind at ease.

oh yea Happy Thurweed day DK :thumb:
that's was the closest looking pic in the marijuana garden saver

This is an amazing set up Der Kommissar. PeeJay pointed me over to your journal and glad he did, very keen on seeing what you get out of it. As far as the yellowing problem PeeJay mentioned that I had in my previous grow I corrected this with Epsom Salts it was a Magnesium deficiency. Remember plants do shed leaves and a single leaf even, during their life cycle. Plants look great. If I read the journal right your growing auto flowering and I have no experience with this type of monster, I use clones or regular seeds. Good luck on the grow and +reps for the DIY for sure.

I grew 4 autoflowers to keep a whip at my back. They grew so fast they kind of paved the way for the real plants, namely Barneys Critical Kush and Bomb THCs.
As far as the set up, thanks for the compliments, I knew it would work I just wasn't sure if it would break me or not. Honestly, the verdicts still out on that!
I 'm making a seperate post about my plant problem below...

This is an amazing set up Der Kommissar. PeeJay pointed me over to your journal and glad he did, very keen on seeing what you get out of it. As far as the yellowing problem PeeJay mentioned that I had in my previous grow I corrected this with Epsom Salts it was a Magnesium deficiency. Remember plants do shed leaves and a single leaf even, during their life cycle. Plants look great. If I read the journal right your growing auto flowering and I have no experience with this type of monster, I use clones or regular seeds. Good luck on the grow and +reps for the DIY for sure.

I'm trying a small nitrogen bump in addition to fresh nutrient solution. When we drained the other day there was a funky odor so we flushed all the lines and dumped about a gallon of water onto each plant to make sure the whole system was flushed clean. We picked off the worst of the bad leaves getting rid of ones that were unlikely to recover. I"ll know in a few days if it worked.

I did notice my PPM were super low and fought it all week to keep it above 800, so that could have been a problem too. I also think my PH pen is fucking with me so I got another new one. It shows about the same number it's just the old one would give one reading and then 10 minutes later another reading. Best to to just get another one and make sure.

The Fucking cold has made me life better/worse.
Worse because we're having a small gas issue so I can't run my generator the way I really want to.
Better because I can sleep all night and not worry about the fucking generator.
I killed the first generator and it was in all likelihood my fault. My setup was supplying to much gas. Funny thing about nat gas engines is they will use as much as you give them, happily, except the create excess heat burning the oil up. did not know that.
This new generator was run on gasoline for a few hours, oil changed to straight synthetic and has ran flawlessly for 3 weeks. Except for the nat gas issue on my well (cold weather makes the well casing cold, thickening the oil that gas 'bubbles' through, making it slow gas release and hard to pump)
So the other day I was running the generator. Went to bed and woke up cold (like -10 outside). Generator drew all the gas and shut the household regulator off. that sucked. So the last few days we've been running it sparingly.
Sorry for the long wionded post. Just pointing out the caveats of my system. That said this weather has been the exception, so maybe in better weather it would run as good as I designed it. Could never have counted on this weather!

New pics. Plants look better now. Not exactly sure what it was as i chose to go at the issue in multiple way but it seems better now....

IMG_0439_Copy_.JPG

IMG_0438_Copy_.JPG

Wife snuck an amaryllis in there on me.

IMG_0437_Copy_.JPG

IMG_0436_Copy_.JPG

Back
Top Bottom