New Moon Over Guawi: A High Brix Journey

Those are cool pots, sure wish they made them in 10g and 15g... that would be awesome! I love the way Bucks pots look, and how functional they are... but those are pretty expensive... it’s all good, these regular large nursery pots do ok for now.
Good looking out though Gazoo!

When I purchased mine the biggest they had were 7g so I picked them up as well but now since I have moved
to 10s they are used upside down as stands to hold my pots when moving them around or pruning :rofl:

The 1 gal Round are my preferred starter pots now. I used both the Square and Round style and feel the
extra depth of the ROUND pots (taller than the square) I think are better as they allow the tap/main root more space
to grow down before hitting the bottom.

When I purchased mine the biggest they had were 7g so I picked them up as well but now since I have moved
to 10s they are used upside down as stands to hold my pots when moving them around or pruning :rofl:

The 1 gal Round are my preferred starter pots now. I used both the Square and Round style and feel the
extra depth of the ROUND pots (taller than the square) I think are better as they allow the tap/main root more space
to grow down before hitting the bottom.
I just had a Star Pupil pop in that 1.36g pot I got last year. I only used it once so figured it’s time to give it a go again. It dries out much faster... idk if that’s necessarily good for a seedling. It’ll probably need water in a day or two already. Just the dribble around the pot... I should be able to tell after this run if I like it enough to use it again.
I hear that, I have many lot sizes and most are used for raising the girls in flower room!

I just had a Star Pupil pop in that 1.36g pot I got last year. I only used it once so figured it’s time to give it a go again. It dries out much faster... idk if that’s necessarily good for a seedling. It’ll probably need water in a day or two already. Just the dribble around the pot... I should be able to tell after this run if I like it enough to use it again.
I hear that, I have many lot sizes and most are used for raising the girls in flower room!

:green_heart:I agree

I do like the 1g to dry faster but at seedling stage I suspect your correct, not enough roots early on
and if drying very fast at the top it could be an issue.

EDIT: I did find this run, Early on I had placed the pots into larger outer pots to protect them from
the Cool Mist Humidifier I was using. Noticed they were taking an extra long time to dry like that
so if you do find them drying to fast you can simply place them in a second larger pot to slow things down

When I was trying to select a 1 gal pot for my seedlings I went to several different stores looking for a 1gal pot. Using them a few times I realized I wasted a ton of time picking out pots because they are a bitch to dunk lol! I'm thinking round pots are better at developing roots but squares may be easier to dunk...

When I was trying to select a 1 gal pot for my seedlings I went to several different stores looking for a 1gal pot. Using them a few times I realized I wasted a ton of time picking out pots because they are a bitch to dunk lol! I'm thinking round pots are better at developing roots but squares may be easier to dunk...

Pot next to "Pot in Dunk Bucket" Easy Dunk, very little waist

I use 12 cups in the bucket, Dunked for 3 or 4 minutes leaves
6 cups left over. Just enough for the Second 1 gal pot dunk if
one is ready

Since we double the amounts for dunks and each pot gets 1/2
its easy math, Each plant got 1/2 the amounts added

Notice how much deeper the round 1 gal is compared to the Square 1 gal

:green_heart:I agree

I do like the 1g to dry faster but at seedling stage I suspect your correct, not enough roots early on
and if drying very fast at the top it could be an issue.

EDIT: I did find this run, Early on I had placed the pots into larger outer pots to protect them from
the Cool Mist Humidifier I was using. Noticed they were taking an extra long time to dry like that
so if you do find them drying to fast you can simply place them in a second larger pot to slow things down
Thanks for the tip Gazoo! I do believe I will do that!

Pot next to "Pot in Dunk Bucket" Easy Dunk, very little waist

I use 12 cups in the bucket, Dunked for 3 or 4 minutes leaves
6 cups left over. Just enough for the Second 1 gal pot dunk if
one is ready

Since we double the amounts for dunks and each pot gets 1/2
its easy math, Each plant got 1/2 the amounts added

Notice how much deeper the round 1 gal is compared to the Square 1 gal

Show off... :laugh:.

How are you pulling the pot out of the bucket tho?

OK Pulled a top bud on the GDP to check under the USB Microscope, cant do it on the plant,
not steady enough :laugh:

I see a good deal of AMBER on the TOPS but Non on the lower buds. Looks like I will take everything
above the Net tomorrow and let the lower buds go longer. Maybe I can stretch the yield, not going to
be much so anything I can do to squeeze out some more :slide:

First pictures are Camera shoot of the Clipped bud

GDP Test USB

test_gdp_3.jpg

test_gdp_8.jpg

test_gdp_11.jpg

This is the top part of the bud

Snapshot@2018_1126_215455.jpg

Snapshot@2018_1126_215441.jpg

Snapshot@2018_1126_220154.jpg

Snapshot@2018_1126_215750.jpg

LOWER PART of same branch

Snapshot@2018_1126_215523.jpg

Snapshot@2018_1126_215558.jpg

Looking good. I picked up a tripod for a camera from second hand store for my usb scope. I used an old arrow shaft attached to that so I could reach into plant for pics. Im sure makes it's steadier then free hand. Just an idea.

Good morning everyone, Late start today.

Looking good. I picked up a tripod for a camera from second hand store for my usb scope. I used an old arrow shaft attached to that so I could reach into plant for pics. Im sure makes it's steadier then free hand. Just an idea.

Thanks buddy, Ya I tried a tripod but as you said cant get into the plant were I need to, I looked at those sliding
fixtures that fit on tripods so you can get good MACRO shoots. Thanks for reminding me I need to put that back
in my CL search for the divorce sale items :rofl:

Very clean looking bud and great trich shots. Still getting that bubblegum smell?

Thanks actully it has changed or maybe I just defined it better but its more of a GRAPE now. :thumb:

Trichome forest... pretty pics. Looks pretty damn potent to me Gazoo! Great work! Still thinking your yield will be lower on this grow?

I like the look as well, but yes very low yield, Not real impressed with 420 gear this is the second time using
there gear with a low yield

Looks great Gazoo! I like your plan to take the tops and let's the lowers go. Please document, ha!:rofl: I look forward to seeing your fancy tripod that just meds gave you the idea to make!

:passitleft:

Thanks Yup I need to push this girl some or I will be in short supply come the end of my next grow :(

:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom