Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #1 10 Strains 18 Solo Cups 4x4 HPS/CMH: Thailand!

I got two things from that video:

1. I'm obviously not the only person this has occurred to, and
2. Morning Has Broken pretty much sucks with a piano doing the melody.

:thanks: for digging that up!
There’s another one with a guy getting very technical called “Did Cat Stevens steal the piano for Morning has broken?” In watched 30 seconds before it got a bit earnest for me!

That must have been an amazing concert! I never got to see Yes or Wakeman. :(
Trevor Rabin is a relative of mine (we've never met). He played with Yes and I used to be a huge Yes fan. I remember being blown away by Wakeman.

IMG_6082.jpeg

What’s that between the tweezers please?

Day #64/80 Auto
Day #29 Flip

Pulled one out. Where instantly we can’t find what is so obvious under the HPS but near invisible under sunlight and camera lens. Bizarre. Its not the pistils or leaves I’m asking about - they’re bract?
I am sorry I know you are trying to get as much detail as you can to show in the pics and it is not easy. I can't tell if that is a nanner, a bract or a sugar leaf. It's covered in trichomes so maybe a bract or sugar leaf? What if you plucked it and investigated further? Maybe someone else can see though.

It's covered in trichomes so maybe a bract
Since they’re currently on every plant and show nearly all as a purple across all the strains under HPS I’m leaning to this and mentioning trichs makes me think so more.

& Co like me has been convinced nanner/seeds

I did take one out on Wednesday and missed the photo op. Hard green ball, skin shed to reveal what looked like a paler green seed. Squeezed a little harder and it popped sticky. I think the black rotty looking bits might have been naturally popped genetics now.

Its bugging me. Less then one year a grower I know. But we’ve harvested 44 plants in that time - I’ve never been worried about this stuff or “seen” anything to be worried about!

I’m sure the colour tone of the HPS is throwing my eyes (and & Co’s - this is a group madness) and encouraging me down a rabbit hole of a head fuck! I’m convinced they’re all fine again now 😅

Since they’re currently on every plant and show nearly all as a purple across all the strains under HPS I’m leaning to this and mentioning trichs makes me think so more.

& Co like me has been convinced nanner/seeds

I did take one out on Wednesday and missed the photo op. Hard green ball, skin shed to reveal what looked like a paler green seed. Squeezed a little harder and it popped sticky. I think the black rotty looking bits might have been naturally popped genetics now.

Its bugging me. Less then one year a grower I know. But we’ve harvested 44 plants in that time - I’ve never been worried about this stuff or “seen” anything to be worried about!

I’m sure the colour tone of the HPS is throwing my eyes (and & Co’s - this is a group madness) and encouraging me down a rabbit hole of a head fuck! I’m convinced they’re all fine again now 😅
I can imagine the sinking feeling and sudden shock of discovering seeded plants. It happened to me when I was doing a grow featuring some of LeRugged's genetics. In fact, it was an LC-18 cultivar that seeded, and I felt so kak having to tell him that the plant was a goner. It was such a beauty too, outside. A rogue pollinator.
I can imagine how vigilant one has to be in a commercial set up.

IMG_6082.jpeg

What’s that between the tweezers please?
Small brown sugar leaf is my guess. This is the Solos? Could it be a function of getting root bound? Or it could be a nanner I suppose, which I guess is your concern.

Day #64/80 Auto
Day #29 Flip

Pulled one out. Where instantly we can’t find what is so obvious under the HPS but near invisible under sunlight and camera lens. Bizarre. Its not the pistils or leaves I’m asking about - they’re bract?
Top pic has a swollen bract which looks like it has a seed in it at the tip of the tweezers, and the second pic looks like it has the same to the left of the tip.
The hps pics are a little too blurry to make it out.

Small brown sugar leaf is my guess. This is the Solos? Could it be a function of getting root bound? Or it could be a nanner I suppose, which I guess is your concern.
Cheers Jon / I should actually have asked you this directly. You grow with hot humid backgrounds in tents in a garage just like these are.

Yeah you nailed my concern. Its been a week since I started seeing these things and about 10 days since a potential light stress occurred where they had up to 2 hours no light (they over slept essentially, not me!) otherwise the environmental have been legit amazing.

@Melville Hobbes I just read your reply while writing this. Thanks buddy. In the first Yay! I’m not going crazy! In the second - I’m crushed, these are on basically all of the plants.

I guess the seeds can only be treated as a fun consolation prize.

It shouldn’t bother me - it wasn’t grown for sale and I’m still gonna get way more weed out of a tent than I can smoke in year. It was just the challenge.

Still looks beautiful though!

just not sure which patient A was yet and obvs have a whole room in flower upstairs as well so don’t need cross contamination 😅

IMG_6111.jpeg

Cheers Jon / I should actually have asked you this directly. You grow with hot humid backgrounds in tents in a garage just like these are.

Yeah you nailed my concern. Its been a week since I started seeing these things and about 10 days since a potential light stress occurred where they had up to 2 hours no light (over slept) otherwise the environmental have been legit amazing.

@Melville Hobbes I just read your reply while writing this. Thanks buddy. In the first Yay! I’m not going crazy! In the second - I’m crushed, these are on basically all of the plants.

I guess the seeds can only be treated as a fun consolation prize.

It shouldn’t bother me - it wasn’t grown for sale and I’m still gonna get way more weed out of a tent than I can smoke in year. It was just the challenge.

Still looks beautiful though!

just not sure which patient A was yet and obvs have a whole room in flower upstairs as well so don’t need cross contamination 😅

IMG_6111.jpeg

Yup, as soon as I saw Melville’s answer I knew he was right. Sorry brother. Hate that. How long did you veg these girls? At least you have the right attitude about it. Lol.

Yup, as soon as I saw Melville’s answer I knew he was right. Sorry brother. Hate that. How long did you veg these girls? At least you have the right attitude about it. Lol.
That small amount of light stress didn’t do it I don’t think. I get them sometimes from heat/rh stress and repeated spikes, or from light stress (very infrequently), but my understanding is that with photos, pretty much any sustained stress (barring a late drought or something) can make a plant go hermie depending on the genetics.

That small amount of light stress didn’t do it I don’t think. I get them sometimes from heat/rh stress and repeated spikes, or from light stress (very infrequently), but my understanding is that with photos, pretty much any sustained stress (barring a late drought or something) can make a plant go hermie depending on the genetics.
Can’t rule out root stress, right, they’re in Solos!

It started with an RQS Wedding Crasher with it like d’uh obviously! Had nightmare popping them. 0/3 first batch 2/3 second. Then the first two weeks of veg they were super sensitive, pale, yellowing, stalled. Then kind of anonymous but happy. Sativa leaning hybrid. I said weeks back ai think a bad batch. I wasn’t pumping EC or lights here - well yeah maybe the lights a bit. They’ve been great like less that a single millimetre of tipping on the leaves of all of then an hour after feeding that fades back to darker by the time the next feed comes. Just so on the perfect edge I felt!

If any other stress some Rh spikes over some nights is all but that was more a rot/mould concern.

Mel - thanks I really needed just a clear third party POV.

Anyhoo seeds notwithstanding - that little 4x4 is only gonna get prettier for the rest of the grow and thats gonna give enormous pleasure anyway!

There’s always next time and I’m pretty sure I’m not done with small pot grows!

Can’t rule out root stress, right, they’re in Solos!

It started with an RQS Wedding Crasher with it like d’uh obviously! Had nightmare popping them. 0/3 first batch 2/3 second. Then the first two weeks of veg they were super sensitive, pale, yellowing, stalled. Then kind of anonymous but happy. Sativa leaning hybrid. I said weeks back ai think a bad batch. I wasn’t pumping EC or lights here - well yeah maybe the lights a bit. They’ve been great like less that a single millimetre of tipping on the leaves of all of then an hour after feeding that fades back to darker by the time the next feed comes. Just so on the perfect edge I felt!

If any other stress some Rh spikes over some nights is all but that was more a rot/mould concern.

Mel - thanks I really needed just a clear third party POV.

Anyhoo seeds notwithstanding - that little 4x4 is only gonna get prettier for the rest of the grow and thats gonna give enormous pleasure anyway!

There’s always next time and I’m pretty sure I’m not done with small pot grows!
Awesome. As you see I’ve been inspired by your work. And my guess would be exactly what you said - root stress. Betcha it would be way easy to pop them out and trim the roots periodically a la Shed style?

Back
Top Bottom