NoobyMacDooby's Grow: Less Nooby More Dooby!

Small update:

Spent an hour!! mixing up soil for 6 pots...I understand now why people just do coco and nutes...less bladdy work. My soil mix is a general super soil type mix, nothing extra or fancy. I didnt add any worms to the pot yet, not sure how much they would like the confined space plus heat. Also not sure if I need them. Did add some really good worm castings though. Very fortunate to know a local person who does top quality worm castings...stuff is like black gold. Also have a contact for nice compost that's is ph7

Seedling wise, the kids are doing great did manage to over water the cuvee a pinch but its looking happy now. Not growing as fast as under my LED lights but they are chugging away. Once I'm further into this run I can start another batch and get somewhat of a perpetual grow going and the slower grow times wont be an issue.

Seeds wise....well the other 8 cuvee seeds are doing nothing. Today was the 1st chance I had to place them in the sun so hoping that helps to kick start them. I carefully dug into the ground and checked a seed out. It looks like its swollen and ready to pop...but that's it. Same for the ones in the rockwool. Holding thumbs that they are late bloomers and I did not just increase the noob instead of the doob. These are fresh seeds too. :(

Otherwise best of wishes for the festive times to anybody popping in here

Garden update:

Kids are looking happy...cept that cuvee still has a slight droop...maybe it's feeling lonely:

P10408941.JPG

P10408931.JPG

My testers, haven't given them a single feeding via watering only be doing the odd foliar feed with kelp and
humic/vulvic acid. Very interesting to see the different phenos:

P10409022.JPG

P10409062.JPG

P10409102.JPG

my fav of the bunch, squat plant but very busy and I like how the leaves overlap at the base:

P10409142.JPG

P10409172.JPG

very exciting photo of my soil:
P10408841.JPG

seeds wise....stil no Cuvee but only day 2 of sun...still hoping.

I've only gotten 50% germ on mine .. Loco and loco cooks I'm like 90%

Yeah man those locos just bust out. I'm going to pop a few more to try run in my DWC. The plan was to use the Cuvee but those I'l just run soil now. Speaking of which I realize now I should've adjusted my mix to compensate for the LED lights seeing as the plants seem to devour CalMag. I've got bonemeal, dolomite lime and diatomaceous earth(very little of this) but forgot the epsom salts. Still time to add it though!

Hey Noob, did we not wait for tap roots before popping the seeds into the medium? I've had a few seeds not pop even though they were in paper towel, the sandpaper on the shell seems like a good idea. How does a slightly warm water for the 24 hour soak affect the strength of the shell and the germination process? Think the warm water might soften the shell but have no idea if it will kill the seeds, just a thought

I'm confirmed only 50% germ ratio on the cuvee f2. I think the seeds need to be scuffed a bit with some sandpaper. I've noticed on a few that they want to Crack the shell is just too dam thick.

Yeah, the seeds look sooo fat now but only one more popped. Going to give the others a light scuff and see if that gets them there. Meanwhile the loco cookies pop from just being shown a glass of water...lols.

Hey Noob, did we not wait for tap roots before popping the seeds into the medium? I've had a few seeds not pop even though they were in paper towel, the sandpaper on the shell seems like a good idea. How does a slightly warm water for the 24 hour soak affect the strength of the shell and the germination process? Think the warm water might soften the shell but have no idea if it will kill the seeds, just a thought

At this point selling my 1st born to some witch / demon is about the only thing I haven't tried. My process for seeds is a 24hr tap water soak then I place them in some paper towel in a container. I leave that on my pc box... its gets a bit of warmth and its dark under my desk. 48hrs later there is enough rooting to place them in substrate. With this approach one of the Cuvee popped and all of the locos. The other Cuvee looked ready to go so put them in some soil. It seems like the Cuvee is just a bit shy to pop and needs a little hand :D

Sweet deal

Indeed, I'm on 7 out of 9 seeds now that popped from the Cuvee with another one looking promising...just went from potentially not having enough plants to having too many. But that's not a bad thing.

Garden Update:

All the kids are looking happy: (cept that 1st Cuvee, bit droopy but growing well)

P1040933.JPG

Quite a lot of red on these kids also, not sure if strain related or water temps. Will be monitoring the temps more from now on

Good stuff Dooby! I can already tell your on a nice run here . .

Good stuff Dooby! I can already tell your on a nice run here . .

thanks man, good seeds and good advice makes for a big differance. Took my testers to a buddy for him to grow and he was impressed with the size and look of the plants.

Grow update:

Got my mini DWC ready, this is version one so not sure how well it will work. One issue straight off the bat is the alignment with the lights goin to have to re- adjust the light fittings:

P10409371.JPG

P10409382.JPG

The family...have I mentioned how I only have space for 4 plants in soil??

P10409391.JPG

And my current high tech led grow....lols...one of the testers is on a 12/12 schedule to check sex. If female I'l keep it to check the pollen situation:

P10409411.JPG

P1040942.JPG

Back
Top Bottom