NoobyMacDooby's Grow: Less Nooby More Dooby!

Getting your hands full there bud, plenty good times ahead. When will we see the full light fixture in action.

Most likely in a week or 2. Need some switches and plugs so waiting for the shops to open up. Also need to figure out how to wire it. With my current 2 drivers I can remove 2 cobs and insert 4 boards and have 3000k plus 4000k lights running but not sure if I would need that. Trying to set it so that I can potentially mess around with the lights a bit.

I see that the some of the very 1st sprouting leaves are going yellow on some of the seedlings. Would this be a sign of N uptake issues? They are all at most 15 days old, they seem to be growing slightly slower than my previous run of testers. It's been much hotter though on this run so that could be a factor. Don't have much in the way of climate control at the moment. Also using a new source for worm castings, they are suppose to be good quality and not left in the sun or anything. Unless WC with pau pau sprouts just makes for better N uptake :D

Garden update:

So apart from temps, humidity and gnats everything is running great..lols. Temps haven't been too bad but there's been some swings during the day mostly into the too hot range. Humidity is a bit up and down too but btw 40 to 65% which is not bad considering I'd like 70%

Watered with tap water for the last 2 waterings but de-chlorinated and ph'd to 6.5. Will switch back to R.O. water this week.

ones in the rockwool:

P10409611.JPG

P10409581.JPG

P10409591.JPG

Cuvee:

P10409501.JPG

P10409512.JPG

P10409491.JPG

P10409462.JPG

P10409482.JPG

P10409452.JPG

and the tester:

P10409671.JPG

Brutal, fungus gnats shouldn't hurt anything, but definitely a pain in the ass. Sticky yellow traps n lots of fans?

Short of sand or diatemacious earth on the medium, those are my go tos lol

Brutal, fungus gnats shouldn't hurt anything, but definitely a pain in the ass. Sticky yellow traps n lots of fans?

Short of sand or diatemacious earth on the medium, those are my go tos lol

Yeah but they bother me when they buzz around!! It's just bordering on infestation so want to keep it in check. Going to give the sand layer a try.

Ya that's sad :* poor gecko !

Hopefully the sand works. Gnats are a nuisance for sure, only thing that keeps them away for me is letting my soil dry right out every watering

Yeah even tried a mix of fermented chilly juice, the smaller gnats die from it but the bigger ones just seem to shake it off. Going to try get sand this week but damn work is getting in the way.

Plant updates:

Despite the gnats the plants are doing ok. Give them a minuscule feeding today, added so little in the way of food so not sure it even counts. Did a bit of lab and some kelp.

The Cuvee, the one plant is just growing like crazy compared to the rest...lets hope it's a lady and a chocolate cherry pheno:

P10409861.JPG

then the rdwc is also chugging along, roots are out and in the water too. No clue as to how I'm going to transplant these into bigger net pots...

P10409931.JPG

P10409922.JPG

Looking good Dooby! Off to a healthy start, for sure

This is where I feel the little shit's just take their sweet ass time to get going. Recon they should really kick into gear in the next week or 2. Try get that wet / dry cycle going, I found they really shoot when searching for water

Back
Top Bottom