NoobyMacDooby's Grow: Less Nooby More Dooby!

Just need the right soil mix to start, talk to Bob Brown he does organic soils.[/QUOTE

Thanks, I've been using Sun Valley's mix or as close as I can get to it seeing as he's using products I can buy. There is a local crew called freedom farms that sells a soil mix but it works out pricey with the postage. I've got some soil cooking right now of my own mix and I've just started making my 1st batch of fish emulsion. My attempts at making sprouts teas has been hampered by the heat here, they keep going funky before they can sprout.

For my soil plants that are showing yellow it's a mistake on my part with watering and fighting gnats with neem oil. I'm using a 50/50 mix of coco coir and worm castings and the plants really like it. The testers I did before grew well in the mix.

And for my next magic trick I'm going to try transplant the Cuvee from the DWC into soil. I only have space for 2 plants in flower and I'm running 3 Loco cookies for that. Not sure how shocked the plant will be from that though.

I start my seedlings in coco then clean up the roots and transfer to Rdwc they actually do really well. No shock but they start slow until roots hit the res water in the bucket.

Just need the right soil mix to start, talk to Bob Brown he does organic soils.[/QUOTE

Thanks, I've been using Sun Valley's mix or as close as I can get to it seeing as he's using products I can buy. There is a local crew called freedom farms that sells a soil mix but it works out pricey with the postage. I've got some soil cooking right now of my own mix and I've just started making my 1st batch of fish emulsion. My attempts at making sprouts teas has been hampered by the heat here, they keep going funky before they can sprout.

For my soil plants that are showing yellow it's a mistake on my part with watering and fighting gnats with neem oil. I'm using a 50/50 mix of coco coir and worm castings and the plants really like it. The testers I did before grew well in the mix.

And for my next magic trick I'm going to try transplant the Cuvee from the DWC into soil. I only have space for 2 plants in flower and I'm running 3 Loco cookies for that. Not sure how shocked the plant will be from that though.
You should hook up with Green Leaf organics from the 420SA forums, I think his out your way and can assist with a nice soil mix I'm sure.

You should hook up with Green Leaf organics from the 420SA forums, I think his out your way and can assist with a nice soil mix I'm sure.

Bit too paranoid to join that forum....to "local" for my liking. I'm trying to learn to make my own soil mixes as me and the misses are doing organic gardening too. Her newest project is a food forest...so lots of other plants to practice on.
I managed to get most of what Sun Valley uses and I do have some bottle nutes to use in the later stages of the grow if my soil isn't quite right. Starting a worm farm, trying to sprout seeds for teas, making some stinky fish emulsion and composting making like crazy.

If you've ever visited thc farmer there is a user on their by the name of Ledsled. Super helpful regarding building soils. Most of my fine tuning of my mix was with their help.

Well I have a shit ton of reading to do now thanks, that guys has good info on so many things

For my soil build I'l need to aim for something that is good for indoor led grows. The LED seems to chow quite a bit calmag. I also need to source a farm feed store of sorts. Dont have any dedicated garden stores so some things like the fishmeal and seedmeal but for the seed meal I've been saving bag seeds for awhile now, even buying the cheap stuff for more seeds and was going to try grind that up for seed meal.

Talk to Bob Brown14, he should be able to start you out on the right track when it comes to soil.

mmm...couldn't find that username on here

Got some security in to keep an eye on the plants:

P10500581.JPG

DWC seedlings still going crazy, pretty blown away by their growth. Best run yet with dwc seedlings so I'm happy this setup is working so far. Going to still be tricky putting them into larger net pots with all the root mass they are making.

P10500592.JPG

soil plants, can't see properly in this light by they are a very healthy looking green.

P10500601.JPG

Grow update:

It's been 1 month now since the 1st seed came up so just doing a rundown of the plants.

The 1st seed to show some leaf, started strong but got over watered at 1st but bounced back. Happy now but not as far along as it could be plus the leaves seem somewhat small. Most of the soil plants have this "issue"

The runt of the 1st batch. It's picking up steam now so I'l see if it gets going.

This is from the 2nd batch of seeds and is only on 20 days old. Was popped on the moon cycle and is on par with the older plants.

This just recently bounced back from being pretty sad also close to a month.
There is one more doing ok, didnt get a photo it seems.

P10500622.JPG

Month old Cuvee.... yeah it was doing pretty much nothing until a few days ago so will keep an eye on it.

P10500701.JPG

One of the late bloomers, closer to the full moon. Doing pretty well, with an odd variegated leaf...or damaged leaf

P10500691.JPG

RuntymacRuntface this looks to be the 1st casuality

P10500711.JPG

Another of the late bloomers and the biggest plant in soil at the moment

P10500761.JPG

Late bloomer but also runty

P10500721.JPG

RWDC Loco cookies on day 18, super happy and growing

P1050073.JPG

Cuvee in RDWC, going to transplant it into soil soon. Not brave enough to run 2 different strains in the dwc

P10500741.JPG

Loco cookies

P10500751.JPG

Loco cookies

Overall not too bad, some watering mistakes from my side and some pesky gnats slowed things on the soil side but hopefully they pick. Just trying to battle the heat now.

Grow update:

Went ahead and did my 1st topping on the 2 locos in the dwc and the Cuvee in soil. Ran into a problem with the dwc though, the roots of the 2 locos got entangled practically overnight so it's surgery sessions again to separate them. At least I'l know for next time to watch out for that. Will attempt it tomorrow or the next day, can't top them and mess up roots.

P10500831.JPG

Transplanted the smaller from the dwc into soil:

rest of the garden:

P10500871.JPG

Figured out why this one was a runt, spiral stem going down

P10500851.JPG

And the room is almost ready to go:

P10500781.JPG

Back
Top Bottom