OG's Hi Brix Organic: LEDs, Perpetual Harvest

Come on man. Buck up. I really messed my plants up. We all make errors. I have seen you pull off some amazing shit. And I know you will kill it with the kit. And I'm following and will throw any advice your way. You will be killing it in no time man. I have the utmost faith in your skills. Look at these sorry girls here. They finished well but I screwed them up good!
420-magazine-mobile132903713.jpg

Here is Girl Scout cookies up potted. First one to get the new 10 gallon geopots. It is a solo feminized seed so no pheno to pick means straight to 10 gallon:

IMG_400816.JPG

Nice pot. I messed up my last GeoPot order and ordered pots without handles - I guess I'll be sewing handles soon, I have some paracord :)

I miss growing Girl Scout Cookies - but my clones of them came wih spider mites - I'm gunshy

GSC is definitely a great hybrid that checks a ton of boxes for me! Never grown it but I've never been disappointed buying it.

Welcome to :420: ShopGrow - are you growing?

Thanks for the welcome. Yes I have actually started my first attempt at a perpetual harvest, that is what drew me to your thread. I am in 5th week of flower for my sour d but just started my "second generation" and have a journal going for those little ladies (white widow).

GSC is definitely a great hybrid that checks a ton of boxes for me! Never grown it but I've never been disappointed buying it.

I was gifted a GSC clone and grew it for a few generations. It was an easy hybrid to grow. Yield was OK. Tasted like GSC from the street.

Yield and flavor were not special, but nothing I grew that year was special.

All around GSC seems like a good one to grow but a couple of strains I've never grown are higher on my list.

Just harvested the unhappy hydro plants and removed all the hydro gear.

So now left with all of these currently in bloom.

IMG_404714.JPG

The 7 ultimate purple females are in rough shape due to being in tiny 1 gallon pots and getting an accidental overdose of cat drench:
IMG_405011.JPG

The others that are doing pheno testing are in 3 gallon smart pots. I know that is too small also, but let me know if you have any tips to make them healthier. They will all get 10 gallon smart pots once pheno is chosen.
IMG_404813.JPG
IMG_404911.JPG

Let me know if you have any tips these are only 2-3 weeks in flower so they should still be green not yellow I hope even in 3 gallon.

In veg my Girl Scout cookIes, CBD strain, and critical kush all just got up potted to 10 gallon pots. They will be going to bloom soon.

It's the pots for sure being small. The thing about living soil is that we need to provide enough of a farm for the microbes to harvest nutrients. It takes a lot more soil than when we feed liquid nutes either Chem or organic. Liquid organics are peedigested so really function like Chem nutes.

But with living soil the microbes need a lot of space to get the job done. They are digesting minerals that are not very soluble. I wouldn't dream of going under 7gal. Hard to have a working ecosystem in a smaller pot.

What you can do when you want to grow smaller plants is to put several in one pot like Duggan. So instead of plants in 3 gallon pots you can have 3 plants in a 10gal. Or 4 in a 15gal.

Which of course doesn't really help now. Sucks to have issues and have someone tell you what to do "next" grow.

So what would I do in this case? I would group the 1 gal plants into a bigger pot. The roots will grow through if the pots are fabric. If not then just transplant normally. I would put the 3 gal pots in a larger pot and fill soil at least half way.

Next round looks like you have 10 gallon pots. That's what I use and recommend. Just try and give these girls in small pots some soil to grow into. It will make a big difference.

Next batch of soil needs three more weeks to cook. So I can't transplant any more until then. Will do that next run though thanks!
So if you are doing pheno hunts with multiples in one pot and you get a male you just rip it out and fill the hole from it with more dirt? Ok will try next time.

I just ordered eight 2 gallon pots. As soon as they arrive I will up pot them to 2 gallons each instead of one. Hopefully that will help them make it 2 more weeks until harvest. In future I will use larger ones. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom