Outdoors IKLWA And Cherries Dubelee In MA

Highya SO,

We've had a week of sun so far, and another week forcast without rain. Can't get a better finish to grow season!! Very similar to last year!! Gotta love it.
I guess backbuilding is a strain oriented thing. Does it seem to be with just indica's (building bigger buds), or isn't dependant on indica or sativa? Have a great weekend! Happy Smokin'

Highya SO,

We've had a week of sun so far, and another week forcast without rain. Can't get a better finish to grow season!! Very similar to last year!! Gotta love it.
I guess backbuilding is a strain oriented thing. Does it seem to be with just indica's (building bigger buds), or isn't dependant on indica or sativa? Have a great weekend! Happy Smokin'
Yeah, last season went to the end of October here. I'm going to need every day for IKLWA!

I can't tell you how backbuilding and type of plant goes yet Bode. My expectations were that my more sativa leaners would take more to it because of Krissi's experience. I can't say I was right now. This garden went the opposite I think. I may just not know how to id for this. Does a tall spike with buds all along it mean sativa leaner? If so why doesn't northern stank have any indication at all? She's got the most sativa leaning shape and less dense looking buds. I'm asking myself and anyone who wants to have a stab at it???

Yeah, last season went to the end of October here. I'm going to need every day for IKLWA!

I can't tell you how backbuilding and type of plant goes yet Bode. My expectations were that my more sativa leaners would take more to it because of Krissi's experience. I can't say I was right now. This garden went the opposite I think. I may just not know how to id for this. Does a tall spike with buds all along it mean sativa leaner? If so why doesn't northern stank have any indication at all? She's got the most sativa leaning shape and less dense looking buds. I'm asking myself and anyone who wants to have a stab at it???
My personal opinion about back building is that it's not an indica/sativa thing, but more so a strong pheno/weak pheno thing.

The cutting seems to cause stress that makes a bud look huge, but is generally all fluffy & foxtailed. Similar response as if you were to heat stress or beat a plant up during flower.

I think plants that do not respond to the backbuilding technique are actually just strong genetics that are unaffected by the stressor.
:passitleft:

I see you shop for terps in the past.
@HashGirl get back on that path 👌 thc doesn't always mean stronger bud it's just where the money is at, Quality over quantity and all that. Growing one seed of a strain is like the lottery sometimes you get it... theirs another theory in that I'm yet to try out but won't get into it 😂

My personal opinion about back building is that it's not an indica/sativa thing, but more so a strong pheno/weak pheno thing.

The cutting seems to cause stress that makes a bud look huge, but is generally all fluffy & foxtailed. Similar response as if you were to heat stress or beat a plant up during flower.

I think plants that do not respond to the backbuilding technique are actually just strong genetics that are unaffected by the stressor.
:passitleft:
I can see that.
@HashGirl get back on that path 👌 thc doesn't always mean stronger bud it's just where the money is at, Quality over quantity and all that. Growing one seed of a strain is like the lottery sometimes you get it... theirs another theory in that I'm yet to try out but won't get into it 😂
We get pretty stoned with a 8/8 thc/cbd plant and we're heavy users. I think thc science can take a back seat on this one. A real high thc buzz like a hit on a rosen drop is different again. There's a lot going on. Brain/body chemistry stuff I think.
🥊🥊🥊🥊:p I think PP9is on to it with weaker genetics plant not responding where stronger would react ?? you recon ... My top bud got a littler bigger in girth but it is late and the only one bud on a Christmas Tree that i did . 🎄
It's a mixed bag. A fun and free thing to try :) . We'll have to see how the harvest looks.
You could come and watch when a hurricane comes through! Not a pretty sight.
Are they in sight as it happens? Must be awful!

I haven't tried back building yet but I have been pondering the process in my mind as to whats really occurring. Heres my theory so far, but it could be 100% flawed too...

You pinch the very top off the bud.

If the plant were in veg and you did that the main would branch out.

Some strains are way branchier than others and make great canopies in a scrog. Others grow longer branches on lankier nodes with less branching.

OK back to the bud. Its still a trunk with branches that happen to have flowers on them.

So the really branchy one in the veg example would probably get bigger backbuilds because its branchier, and each bud on a cola is a branch, so if you nipped every bud on every cola then every nugget would be branchier.

Then it comes to nutrients. If you can feed to support all those flowers it really bulks up, if not then it gets fluffier.

So don't backbuild unless you can feed it, and then only nip the amount of buds you can support.

Or Im way off base.

That's interesting. Do you think you're sensitive to terpenes more than thc maybe? I see you shop for terps in the past. The only thing other than they sending the wrong or faulty seeds to you I can think of is, the ripening time being the thc building time, and if taken early they will be low thc. Those last weeks are important.

I truly believe it's the entourage effect of cannabis that affects what kind of response you have. The entourage effect includes cannabinoids, terpenes and your body's own endocannabinoid system.

I'm with you Hashgirl! Everyone is different, every strain is different, things affect individuals differently; so I have to agree about the entourage effect! BTW, Greenvein, what's the other theory? Happy Smokin'

I haven't tried back building yet but I have been pondering the process in my mind as to whats really occurring. Heres my theory so far, but it could be 100% flawed too...

You pinch the very top off the bud.

If the plant were in veg and you did that the main would branch out.

Some strains are way branchier than others and make great canopies in a scrog. Others grow longer branches on lankier nodes with less branching.

OK back to the bud. Its still a trunk with branches that happen to have flowers on them.

So the really branchy one in the veg example would probably get bigger backbuilds because its branchier, and each bud on a cola is a branch, so if you nipped every bud on every cola then every nugget would be branchier.

Then it comes to nutrients. If you can feed to support all those flowers it really bulks up, if not then it gets fluffier.

So don't backbuild unless you can feed it, and then only nip the amount of buds you can support.

Or Im way off base.
I like your thoughts too Gee! As I watch them grow I notice the change over from stalk to flower and think I see that somehow it's hormonally changing leaf tips and stalk into bud structure and bud. Kind of it's all the same, just the plant morphs into the next thing. I agree that all that's in there as bud leaf and reproductive stuff with all the trichomes, leaves too in there.

The theory isn't adding up though I think. My northern stank has long stalks with several very long satellite branches, maybe two feet long some of them. I figured her to be a strong sativa leaner/grower and she has no backbuilding effect so far. We'll look at them better when they're done. I like your idea! Somehow it may be a key if you're not already correct.
I truly believe it's the entourage effect of cannabis that affects what kind of response you have. The entourage effect includes cannabinoids, terpenes and your body's own endocannabinoid system.
Me too HashGirl!

I'm with you Hashgirl! Everyone is different, every strain is different, things affect individuals differently; so I have to agree about the entourage effect! BTW, Greenvein, what's the other theory? Happy Smokin'
I wonder how someone who smokes Indica all the time would react to suddenly smoking a Sativa? CL🍀. :thumb: :popcorn:

I like your thoughts too Gee! As I watch them grow I notice the change over from stalk to flower and think I see that somehow it's hormonally changing leaf tips and stalk into bud structure and bud. Kind of it's all the same, just the plant morphs into the next thing. I agree that all that's in there as bud leaf and reproductive stuff with all the trichomes, leaves too in there.

The theory isn't adding up though I think. My northern stank has long stalks with several very long satellite branches, maybe two feet long some of them. I figured her to be a strong sativa leaner/grower and she has no backbuilding effect so far. We'll look at them better when they're done. I like your idea! Somehow it may be a key if you're not already correct.

Me too HashGirl!
I think bushier shorter noded indicas would be the best backbuilders and long lanky sativas would be the worst, but again, Im just guessing.

I will find out soon if it works on Durbans.

6 days til flip, 4 or 5 til the new driver arrives. It shipped today.

Keep us updated👊

You guys, I'm a mainly indica user and love the exhilaration of a strong sativa buzz!!
I love Sativas brother but they do absolutely nothing for the pain.
With my add sativa would be the natural alternative but with out Indy get in my head too much on the pain

Back
Top Bottom