PW's Perpetual Playhouse

Yes your cobs could easily rob you of potency if they're to close or turned up to high. Best piece of gear I've bought is my quantum meter to test umols. It was eye opening!
Hey Penny I was wondering, is umols and par the same thing. I'm starting to understand a little more about lighting and coverage and all but I'm gonna have to get one of those meters. I will be building a diy COB or a diy QB setup in a few months. I kinda wish I would have done that this time instead of spending that much on a PS COB cause I know I could have built a killer setup for the $1000 I gave for the PS. In another way I'm kinda glad I'm waiting a little so I can get tuned in on my research so I will make sure I do it right with great efficiency and equal coverage across whole canopy. At least I have a decent light now till I can build one in the near future lol. ..️

Hey Penny I was wondering, is umols and par the same thing. I'm starting to understand a little more about lighting and coverage and all but I'm gonna have to get one of those meters. I will be building a diy COB or a diy QB setup in a few months. I kinda wish I would have done that this time instead of spending that much on a PS COB cause I know I could have built a killer setup for the $1000 I gave for the PS. In another way I'm kinda glad I'm waiting a little so I can get tuned in on my research so I will make sure I do it right with great efficiency and equal coverage across whole canopy. At least I have a decent light now till I can build one in the near future lol. ..️
Hi EastCoastGhost,

I m going to put a link in my grow that will give you good information about par. Par and "umol" is pretty the same. It s not really umol but another measure which I don't remember. Anyway check my grow journal in my signature for the link

Hi EastCoastGhost,

I m going to put a link in my grow that will give you good information about par. Par and "umol" is pretty the same. It s not really umol but another measure which I don't remember. Anyway check my grow journal in my signature for the link
Thanks flashmp3, I will definitely go check it out. I'm really digging all the diy setups I been seeing around and I'm learning all I can although I still have alot to learn lol. I want to understand everything about lighting so I can build the best and most efficient light possible. ..️

Surprised to hear you express any disappointment in the PS COB. I have seen great results with that light. What was it about it that you don't care for?

Probably the price lol. Crash is whooping some serious ass with that light! He supersized his tent with that sucker! I honestly can’t spend 1000 on a light so I can understand, but that spectrum is damned good!

Well I can only speak from the PS Dwarf Star and I love it. I know Crash is using it and that Blue Dream he is growing is insane. Its pricey but a good light will pay for itself in a year easily.

The perfect sun lights are beasts and will serve you well. PAR=Photosynthetic Active Radiation. It’s the totall amount of light a lamp generates between 400nm and 700nm.

Umols=The number of photons striking a square centimeter of leaf each second.

Hows all ye truly amazin lights from wat the light did and produced was amazin my girls were lovin it under ps500 . Sum great thought and effort was put into thoses lights happy growin

Surprised to hear you express any disappointment in the PS COB. I have seen great results with that light. What was it about it that you don't care for?
Oh I'm not disappointed in the PS COB, it seems to be a awesome light and I'm sure I'm gonna get lots of top shelf bud from it, but I think I could build a killer setup with even umols across whole canopy for less than buying more PS COB'S lol. I am going to need one more light to flower a 4×4 or 5×5 space and i figure I mind as well learn all I can about lighting and build a like to suit me lol. ..️

Probably the price lol. Crash is whooping some serious ass with that light! He supersized his tent with that sucker! I honestly can't spend 1000 on a light so I can understand, but that spectrum is damned good!
It is expensive for sure lol but like you said the spectrum is awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing what it will do lol...️

The perfect sun lights are beasts and will serve you well. PAR=Photosynthetic Active Radiation. It's the totall amount of light a lamp generates between 400nm and 700nm.

Umols=The number of photons striking a square centimeter of leaf each second.
Thanks for clarifying par and umols Penny...️

Back
Top Bottom