Few pics of my sips👍👍💚💚

IMG_20231202_100943050.jpg

IMG_20231202_101224779.jpg

IMG_20231202_100513045.jpg

Whooee... some tough acts to follow! Nice garden Becca, that plant looks v. happy and getting closer to D-day. Love the succulent sentries keeping their mindful watch over your garden. Beautiful.

Tequila... very nice. Must be tough waiting for that "ship to come in", but she's a fine ship indeed! Very happy for you mate.

SBJ... Look mate, I just tell myself everything grows more beautifully in Hawaii. Otherwise, I'll start making some unfavourable comparisons to my junk. Absolutely gorgeous is an understatement I'm afraid, but it's the best I can come up with. Would love to see those in person, very special.

Terps... how cool. And, nice to meet you. I'm a mini-SIPper myself, welcome! I think @NickHardy is talking about protecting your roots from the light; using a clear cup does have its advantages, but roots tend to shrink from the light and it also tends to facilitate the growth of green slime. When I use similar containers I wrap in black plastic (you can cut from garbage bags, or even paint the container, but I like to just wrap it so I can still peek). Anyway, Carcass wont steer you wrong so just follow him and yer golden. I am a big fan of the training aids he developed using wooden shishkabob sticks with coated wire wrapped on it to make a hook. They are my favourite for indoor plants, even ones larger than he usually grows in his little, "weed diorama". lol.

Well, I have three baby-girls ready and raring to go. Of course, they each popped out as total individuals even though they are all Mango-something by ApeOrigin (formerly AP Origin). Nice strong growers though. One stretched pretty hard (even though DLI is, like 40) so, I had to get medieval on its ass...
IMG_20231205_040241_1.jpg
IMG_20231205_114836.jpg

As I alluded to, it looks like a form of torture, but, pic number 2 is taken by the next morning and as you can see we have equal height plants now. This lovelies have 1/2 Jack Herer genes, and I'm hoping they shine through because I'm a huge fan (of the variety). I also have some ApeOrigin Kush seeds soaking. These seeds were sent to me by member and friend @Bill284... and I expect good things as that boy knows what's what. Thank you Bill!
df5b9e54a49612b158ae22ba8e812146664698e7_2_375x500.jpeg

I'll post another pic tomorrow when I get them into their little wee softpots/mini SIPs. Been a hot minute since I posted last, but I'm hanging in there pretty good. Finally finished my chemo/radiation and will have my surgery right after the holidays. RSO and weed supplies are running low, but a tolerance break is needed and I'm not suffering too bad as a result, so I'm calling it all "good 'nuff" and am 'happy' with things so far. All things considered, just being alive is a big plus. Once again, Bill, and everyone who has expressed support...
e9d8771252a76068d39cc366ea81b96d4ab39367.jpeg

Whooee... some tough acts to follow! Nice garden Becca, that plant looks v. happy and getting closer to D-day. Love the succulent sentries keeping their mindful watch over your garden. Beautiful.

Tequila... very nice. Must be tough waiting for that "ship to come in", but she's a fine ship indeed! Very happy for you mate.

SBJ... Look mate, I just tell myself everything grows more beautifully in Hawaii. Otherwise, I'll start making some unfavourable comparisons to my junk. Absolutely gorgeous is an understatement I'm afraid, but it's the best I can come up with. Would love to see those in person, very special.

Terps... how cool. And, nice to meet you. I'm a mini-SIPper myself, welcome! I think @NickHardy is talking about protecting your roots from the light; using a clear cup does have its advantages, but roots tend to shrink from the light and it also tends to facilitate the growth of green slime. When I use similar containers I wrap in black plastic (you can cut from garbage bags, or even paint the container, but I like to just wrap it so I can still peek). Anyway, Carcass wont steer you wrong so just follow him and yer golden. I am a big fan of the training aids he developed using wooden shishkabob sticks with coated wire wrapped on it to make a hook. They are my favourite for indoor plants, even ones larger than he usually grows in his little, "weed diorama". lol.

Well, I have three baby-girls ready and raring to go. Of course, they each popped out as total individuals even though they are all Mango-something by ApeOrigin (formerly AP Origin). Nice strong growers though. One stretched pretty hard (even though DLI is, like 40) so, I had to get medieval on its ass...
IMG_20231205_040241_1.jpg
IMG_20231205_114836.jpg

As I alluded to, it looks like a form of torture, but, pic number 2 is taken by the next morning and as you can see we have equal height plants now. This lovelies have 1/2 Jack Herer genes, and I'm hoping they shine through because I'm a huge fan (of the variety). I also have some ApeOrigin Kush seeds soaking. These seeds were sent to me by member and friend @Bill284... and I expect good things as that boy knows what's what. Thank you Bill!
df5b9e54a49612b158ae22ba8e812146664698e7_2_375x500.jpeg

I'll post another pic tomorrow when I get them into their little wee softpots/mini SIPs. Been a hot minute since I posted last, but I'm hanging in there pretty good. Finally finished my chemo/radiation and will have my surgery right after the holidays. RSO and weed supplies are running low, but a tolerance break is needed and I'm not suffering too bad as a result, so I'm calling it all "good 'nuff" and am 'happy' with things so far. All things considered, just being alive is a big plus. Once again, Bill, and everyone who has expressed support...
e9d8771252a76068d39cc366ea81b96d4ab39367.jpeg
I was going through trying to figure out the time we talked.
I knew it had been a bit so your post gave me some relief.
Can I send you a couple zips? :rofl: kidding
But bountiful summer came to a terrific end.
Hearing good news from you tops it off.
Keep eating that rso.
Stay in the game please. :love:
That I can mail. :rolleyes:
But got to make it first.
Seen this?
@VIVOSUN Flower Room

C3E61551-913E-4B32-8B8A-978AB70AB575.jpeg

8F66B093-2EC5-4948-B7F5-7AF007FF4B0D.jpeg

Keep your stick on the ice. ;)
Bill284

Seen this?
33 jars plus a big ol' bag o' weed....someone had a good season!
Damn, Bill- that is a beautiful sight!
even ones larger than he usually grows in his little, "weed diorama". lol.
Weed diorama- I like that, RD!👍

I'm due for an update in here,

Lets see how the diorama SIP is doing today 😁 :
bg41 3 14.5 inches tall c.jpg

62 day old Blue Gelato 41, growing like a weed in her little 4 gallon SIP...
bg41 2.jpg

Not a lot of wasted space in there now...just wall-to-wall weed...
bg41 1.jpg

33 jars plus a big ol' bag o' weed....someone had a good season!
Damn, Bill- that is a beautiful sight!

Weed diorama- I like that, RD!👍

I'm due for an update in here,

Lets see how the diorama SIP is doing today 😁 :
bg41 3 14.5 inches tall c.jpg

62 day old Blue Gelato 41, growing like a weed in her little 4 gallon SIP...
bg41 2.jpg

Not a lot of wasted space in there now...just wall-to-wall weed...
bg41 1.jpg
That's all I carried out there.
Racks are full, it was a fantastic summer.
That sip is incredible my friend.
You gentlemen do such an amazing job with them
Just a perfect work of art you have. :welldone:
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Good to hear from you again Res!

is talking about protecting your roots from the light; using a clear cup does have its advantages, but roots tend to shrink from the light and it also tends to facilitate the growth of green slime.
We do a couple of weeks in these:

IMG_8474.jpeg
IMG_8475.jpeg

The outer cup has a perlite res layer at the bottom and we feed down the sides so its basically a mini SIP/Swick makes overwatering near impossible and you can remove the inner clear pot to check the roots.

Bill does something similar but without the Swicky bit.

Nick

IMG_8474.jpeg
IMG_8475.jpeg

The outer cup has a perlite res layer at the bottom and we feed down the sides so its basically a mini SIP/Swick makes overwatering near impossible and you can remove the inner clear pot to check the roots.

Nick
Hola:ciao:

Its been days mate, literally days! I’m waiting for Bill 2.0 😂
Tomorrow:thumb:
Stacey is almost walking in the door.
I'll talk to you at 4am.:passitleft:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I was going through trying to figure out the time we talked.
I knew it had been a bit so your post gave me some relief.
Can I send you a couple zips? :rofl: kidding
But bountiful summer came to a terrific end.
Hearing good news from you tops it off.
Keep eating that rso.
Stay in the game please. :love:
That I can mail. :rolleyes:
But got to make it first.
Seen this?
@VIVOSUN Flower Room

C3E61551-913E-4B32-8B8A-978AB70AB575.jpeg

8F66B093-2EC5-4948-B7F5-7AF007FF4B0D.jpeg

Keep your stick on the ice. ;)
Bill284
That's a nice stash!!!,😲 👍👍👍👍

IMG_8474.jpeg
IMG_8475.jpeg

Nick
Ew Gawd Nick, you've given new meaning to, "casting couch".

OK, maybe that's not as funny as I originally thought, but I'm leaving it up purely for the insight into my corrupt mind.

Thanks for the support buddy. Appreciate it.

That's a nice stash!!!,😲 👍👍👍👍
Thanks Amigo. :thanks:
Just a little stash incase we have company. :rofl:
Hope everything is going well my friend.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Six Shooter Auto has been bucked into totes !

Top of the image is the main cola, I had to cut it down to fit ;)

Five day hang Six Shooter 5 Dec 2023.jpg

Cheers, eh ?
Whoah. Pretty epic, esp. for a sativa; I mean, the buds look real sweet. That's before we even discuss amounts (weights).... happy for you that SIPs have suited your grow style. Happy for ME SIPs have suited your grow style! I just love looking at your plants and your grow-show.

If I may be so bold, there's really not a lot to criticize when it comes to SIPs, as indicated by some of the more common results from those who attempt to do so:

"I just got too bored not watering every day for an hour or more." OK, glad some people's lives are so laid back!

Or, "Yeah, it's true, my plants grew bigger, faster, with higher final weights, better quality and much less labour required overall... but I'm going back to my classic, Deluge & Drought container growing because for a couple of weeks in the first month, my plants looked kinda waterlogged." Seriously, I've heard this from at least three people. Possibly re-examining your priorities is all I can offer there.

Great stuff mate (understatement) Cheers, eh?!?

So my seedlings have just gotten their first full set of leaves coming in and have been planted in their SIP buckets. I have a couple of questions. Is there anything special I should be doing to keep the roots growing towards the bottom or just water like any other seedling and let nature do it's thing? Also I'm using soil amended with Gaia green and Worm castings, does plain water work in the reservoir with the occasional top watering to keep the soil moist and water in added nutrients for feedings? I tried reading through all 160 pages to try and find the answers but I keep loosing my spot lol and probably missed the answers.

PXL_20231208_035259044.jpg

The less you water from the top in the beginning the quicker the roots will ferret their way down hunting out water lower down. As far as top watering goes I think it ranges from once a week to never. Personally I’m somewhere in the middle.

For watering/filling the res again some variation I know Azi like to run his res low as can be before filling, semi droughting them almost where’s others top up as and when convenient. You can’t overfill so over watering is pretty much out (unless from the top)

I like Azi’s approach. Force the roots ever further down and out hunting for water.

My thoughts anyway.

Nick

Back
Top Bottom