Oohhh, pretty stuff @sjb504 very pretty stuff. Thanks for sharing that one.

Yeah, I still drop the odd air pump in there still but there's no need per say.

They can help if you feel things have become overwet. And I use them in a lot of active-microbe grows which, these days, is most of them.

I only use on a burst timer schedule, so they are off for the vast majority of the time. Often I'm just keen to prevent any settling in the reservoir. As it can be a large reservoir, often it can settle out over time if not stirred up a bit and an anaerobic environment can develop over time if enough settling material is in the water to eventually isolate itself from the rest - and bad things can happen. So to have the benefit of of all the stuff I have in the water but not the threat, I run an airstone in my SIPs for a few seconds every few minutes - type of idea.

If you are running a fertigated tank, some fertilizers are more pH stable than others, and running an airtstone nonstop can impact your mix's pH, but frankly, making sure its just on a burst rate will prevent all but the most unstable fertilizers from reacting.

If you're just adding water to your SIPs its of no concern either way, in my experience. An airstone in operation will heat the water (which reduces oxygen content) while adding oxygen content - so it's a bit of a wash really.
Thanks for the input 🙏

Oohhh, pretty stuff @sjb504 very pretty stuff. Thanks for sharing that one.

Yeah, I still drop the odd air pump in there still but there's no need per say.

They can help if you feel things have become overwet. And I use them in a lot of active-microbe grows which, these days, is most of them.

I only use on a burst timer schedule, so they are off for the vast majority of the time. Often I'm just keen to prevent any settling in the reservoir. As it can be a large reservoir, often it can settle out over time if not stirred up a bit and an anaerobic environment can develop over time if enough settling material is in the water to eventually isolate itself from the rest - and bad things can happen. So to have the benefit of of all the stuff I have in the water but not the threat, I run an airstone in my SIPs for a few seconds every few minutes - type of idea.

If you are running a fertigated tank, some fertilizers are more pH stable than others, and running an airtstone nonstop can impact your mix's pH, but frankly, making sure its just on a burst rate will prevent all but the most unstable fertilizers from reacting.

If you're just adding water to your SIPs its of no concern either way, in my experience. An airstone in operation will heat the water (which reduces oxygen content) while adding oxygen content - so it's a bit of a wash really.
Thanks for chiming in i really appreciate it .
Hope you are feeling well 💚🍻

Forbidden Fruit at 7 weeks into flowering in one of my DIY 4-gallon SIPs. Tomorrow when res hits empty marks beginning of a week of drought to max out the potency. She's been on a diet of Advanced Nutrients CalMag Xtra, Massive Bloom formula and Purpinator, drinking a gallon every other day. Feeding will resume after droughting.
20231128_122131r.jpg

Buds are stacking nicely and getting frosty...
20231128_122250r.jpg

:party:

Are any of you guys top dressing using the sips. My last grow in fabric pots I top dressed with Dr Earth Flower girl then watered it in. I am growing in sohum soil which is water only.

if you're running sips you may not have enough media volume for water only. even water only soil grows have a tendency to have larger pots.

if you're running sips you may not have enough media volume for water only. even water only soil grows have a tendency to have larger pots.

Ok I may have to figure something out. I only have Sohum soil right now. I’m planning on using an earth box root and veg sip. I’ll do some research tonite to see what I can find locally.

I mixed a bunch of Geoflora Veg into the soil beforehand for the Forbidden Fruit. I did top feed with Geoflora Bloom twice and mulched it in, then top watered. Majority of the time it's been fed through the reservoir though, @TerpsNThyme
So for the sip I should probably build my own soil and switch to synthetic nutes?

So for the sip I should probably build my own soil and switch to synthetic nutes?

you can start them in organic but you'll probably need a nute system to finish them out. sips will grow pretty quickly and eat you out of the bucket in no time.

Sippy auto buds.
IMG_1701196687365.jpg

Do you have to flush with SIP
Well I tried synths the first time in SIP and I had to at a point.. but I do have hydroton as an inbetween the res and the soil. So maybe that's prone to buildup.
I'm trying time release pellets for the next grow, worked well outside in SIP.

IMG_1720.jpeg
IMG_1744.jpeg
IMG_1722.jpeg
IMG_1723.jpeg
IMG_1724.jpeg
IMG_1725.jpeg
IMG_1726.jpeg
IMG_1727.jpeg
IMG_1728.jpeg
IMG_1730.jpeg
Good Morning sipsters! Day 127 need some input she still seems to be bulking up but i think shes nearing finish pinched a little nanner off a sucker branch below this am :confused: im thinking shes ready for a drought and finish ive been looking at trichs im inconclusive scared to take her too early i want some nice amber trichs let me know what you all think thanks in advance about to get my birthday weekend started :happy-birthday::lot-o-toke:

Highya Guys,

All recent posts look so gorgeous!! Very fine growing going on here! Tequilla - Love all the colors! (I don't care for the blurple light), but the bronze colors and purple trichomes are very pretty. I didn't see any amber trichomes - I would hold off for another couple weeks if you can. Chuckeye - That's a lot of biomass for an auto! Congratulations on getting to that point. Looking great. BeccaBuds - Gorgeous buds amidst your cactus garden! They look well together! Happy Smokin'

Got my first photo going Corn Syrup from Cookies seed bank. Mini sip set up courtesy of @Carcass and have a The ingenuity is top notch in this group. Also have a mephisto genetics strawberry nuggets going in a earthbox Going to start my grow journal when they pop.

Back
Top Bottom