Was reading Buds journal and he said he was possibly switching to Maxi grow/Maxi bloom. Anyone else have any experience using these products? I'm thinking of switching myself. Been using the Geoflora and while easy enough to topdress and soak it in, I would think liquid nutes in a SIP's would be way easier to administer and control.
Yes, I'm already thinking the same thing.

I do it all at the same time. If you top, it takes a few days to heal. Then if you remove the nodes you have a few more days for that to heal; slowing growth time by a few days. Do both at the same time & they heal at the same time & get back to business. They're young & in Veg still when I do this. I would not do it if they were starting to flower. You can get away with a lot more torture in Veg than in flower. You'd be surprised how much they can handle.
Thanks @Buds Buddy! I just posted a question on your thread about this. That 2nd node looks good and health. It just kinda hurts me a little to remove it! LOL.

Yes, I'm already thinking the same thing.
Much respect Buds. Just flipped my grow to flower last week. Will order the Maxi nutes for my next grow but I'm a ways out. Until then, will use the Geoflora. It works, just looking for easier...

20221119_212903.jpg

Much respect Buds. Just flipped my grow to flower last week. Will order the Maxi nutes for my next grow but I'm a ways out. Until then, will use the Geoflora. It works, just looking for easier...

20221119_212903.jpg
Looks like you've got that big one trained pretty nice. She should make a nice little bush. After I train my branches out to the edge of my pots I usually let the branches grow upwards about 12" or more before I flip to 12/12. That way the plants come out about 3' wide & 3'-4' tall. Looks like she'll do well though. Just a little less yield then if you let them grow upwards before flipping.

Might be a dumb question but can you use geoflora with sip? Sorry if somebody already mentioned using it. haven't caught up
Yes, using it on my monster in bloom. Sprinkle on top, and she's gets her 3L daily as top water for two days, then back to the pan

Looks like you've got that big one trained pretty nice. She should make a nice little bush. After I train my branches out to the edge of my pots I usually let the branches grow upwards about 12" or more before I flip to 12/12. That way the plants come out about 3' wide & 3'-4' tall. Looks like she'll do well though. Just a little less yield then if you let them grow upwards before flipping.
Appreciate the advice. Will do that on the next run and try my hand at quadlining too

Only just found the SIP Club thread. Thanks for doing this Azi.
Glad to have you @Carmen Ray . My apologies, I thought I had given it to you as I know you were intrigued with the possibility of using cloth pots with these.

On page two of this thread I gave a few design options and I think the 17 gal version is the design to consider. I would use a dishwashing pan for the outer container and an upside down food storage container inside it as a dome for the reservoir/ air gap. Cover the dome with a couple of inches of soil and set the cloth pot on the soil.

At least that's how I'd probably do it.

Day 30

Got through about 28 days on plain Osmocote Plus Outdoor and Indoor. Now that they're moving into flower, there is not enough Calcium and Potassium and that needs supplemented. They're drinking about 3/4 gallon a day. Waiting on the stretch. These are some bushy girls.

Day 30

Got through about 28 days on plain Osmocote Plus Outdoor and Indoor. Now that they're moving into flower, there is not enough Calcium and Potassium and that needs supplemented. They're drinking about 3/4 gallon a day. Waiting on the stretch. These are some bushy girls.

Lookin good farside. What are the red clips in your canopy, some sort of limb bending training device?

What are the red clips in your canopy, some sort of limb bending training device?

HMG 90 Degree Plant Benders from the Zon. That's a mouthful so they've been dubbed "peppers" for short since it make your plant look like it's bearing chilis.

Back
Top Bottom