Smilemeds Micro Hydro Auto Night Queen & Auto Critical Orange Punch Grow Journal - 2022

Smilemeds

The kids call me billy.

I have been cultivating micro hydro indoor cannabis in Vermont for 27 years now! The last few years legally at last.

This run consistent of two legal auto flowers.

One Auto Night Queen -Indiaca 20%thc

One Auto Critical Orange Punch 18%thc -indica leaning hybrid

Both Auto seeds are by Dutch Passion Seeds.

Legal amount to grow in VT is two mature ladies at a time and seven immature ladies. Just enough meds to make it from one harvest to the next.

The old (10 years now) micro grow cabinet is a 3 foot long, 1 1/2 foot deep and 5 feet height.

Two Mars hydro sp150s hang over the canopy 260 true watts

400 cfm carbon Vivosun filter changed every 9-12 months. This vents out cabinet perfectly.

75 to 80 degrees always

40%to 50% rh

20 hours on 4 hours off

Average yield per 1/2 gallon hydro container is 2 and 1/2 ounces. Truth be told …Sometimes I only get an ounce, not often, but it happens. Sometimes I get a monster 3+ ouncer too, not often too.

IMPORTANT: play classical string music for at least three hours a day- VERY IMPORTANT!

Have a 50 pint dehumidifier for final weeks to prevent any chance of bud rot. Never have had to deal with rot, & never will with a dehumidifier.

I use r/o water, rain water, and dehumidifier water to mix nuts in. They all work great! Rain is the best!

Blowing on the buds gives em extra co2 if your into that sorta thing.

Meditate with your ladies.

We are about 1/2 way through this… our 38th micro highdro auto flower medical grow.

These ladies were started on July 19th 2022.

Seeds went into a glass of distilled h20 for 12 hour then into paper towels for 36 - 48 hrs.

From there the seeds are set directly into the 1/2 gallon pots filled with “Groundswell“ medium that is pre wetted with ”ReCharge” where the seeds will spend the next 3 1/2 to 4 months in.

Don’t believe the hype with root bound issues. This is micro passive hydro! Roots will love you for what you are going to do twice a day, every 12 hours starting around week 4.

Twice daily with happy appreciation you will need to feed these hungry babies starting around the end of week 4. Every 12 hours. For me 5 am and 5 pm.

The first 14 days just ReCharge at 1/8 tsp. Per liter and calmag extra at 1 mL per liter. CAREFUL NOT TO OVERWATER. THIS IS WHY PRE MOISTENING AND FLUFFING THE MEDIUM IS IMPORTANT DIRING THE FIRST 3 WEEKS WITH AUTOS.

Very little grow nuts needed at this point! The medium will have enough organic nuts til week 4 to boot. This is why we never use Veg. formulas.

After four weeks the medium becomes quickly inherent and needs more hydro nutrient’s. This is when the plants become hydro IMO. Here is our feeding schedule.

Remember this is for passive micro hydro in 1/2 gallon container. This may not work for other methods. It may too, I don’t know. Can only share what I know from growing this way for over 13 years.

NO flushing necessary (if you stick to the feeding schedule and don’t over feed,) as daily run off (about 1/4 cup) acts as a mini flush. No enzymes needed. I just suck up the run off out of the bottom of the container tray with a Turkey baster. Works gold! This gives you a chance to check the ppm‘s (if your into that.) I have not touched a ppm or ph pen in years.

Ph perfect nutrients takes care of all of that. No issues. Turn key Nutrients. No need for the whole AN line up with this method.

To note: We do add enzymes and rain water to the run off that I feed my house plants with….technically making these grows not “drain to waste, “ but more like drain to reuse. Waste not want not.

No grow a + b needed, no big bud, no rhino needed, no b52 needed, no nirvana, no voodoo, and no sensizyn. I worked these in and out over the years, and found NO difference in yields or quality. Just marketing hype to take your flow from your grow. I feel it taste better with less nuts Anyway.

hope this helps some folks
- if you read this far, consider yourself a master and go get it!

will update soon!
best with all

DAY 64…Here are some pics of the🫐 Blueberry Auto by Dutch Passion from today sept 24th,2022. I introduced her as an Auto Critical Orange Punch last week…that was in my last run. opps! Anyway….her she is the Auto Blueberry.

She was the first to start 💐popping off day 20!

She is squatt yet dense.

Very smelly…blueberry🫐 hash smell 100%

She drinks 🚿1800ppms of advanced nuts every 12 hours with 1/2 cup run off.

At least 3 more weeks to really ripped up…maybe four…will have to see when Amber my lady arrives.Thats where my meds are…amber rose!

Hope you are all being safe, good to one another, and responsible. 🥗🖖🎅

DAY 64 - AUTO Night Queen (an all time fav medicine of mine)
Such a beast and greasy af!

The meds she produces are top shelf.

This is my 6th run of her (8th plant). Forever a place in my two plant micro grow. She drinks a ton!

2100ppms and she doesn’t even flinch!

The smell is of fresh hash…so smooth yet penetrating.

4 to 6 more weeks til she bulks up and ambers. The longer on her the stronger.
One hit kinda stuff if you let her ripped to 14 -15 weeks.

Had one Auto Night Queen ripened at 13 weeks and one at 16…just never know until you know. Amber is my guide.

50% amber for me…however not recommend for recreational use unless you are seasoned, like bleeding eyes, or are really sick.

If you harvest her before she ambers up she is a very chill mello ride worthy of recreational use with a deep sleepy muncie ending. Good for movies at home. Please don’t consume and drive.

1/2 gallon container grow going smooth as always. I would grow in bigger containers, but I don’t need that much medicine and state laws so I keep it cool.

🗄️My old 12 year old micro cabinet is fire 🔥 proofed, safe🦺, and consumes less than 🔌250 watts⚡ and produces enough meds ⚕️for me for 3-4 months, depending on run success as we all know.

Foot print of 4.5 square feet! 1.5 deep x 3 feet long x and 5 feet height

Welcome to 420, Smilemeds!:welcome:
Foot print of 4.5 square feet! 1.5 deep x 3 feet long x and 5 feet height
You're getting some great results from your little cabinet!
Mine's just 2'x2'x4'...I use bigger pots, and I only grow one at a time in there, but I've had pretty good results...
Working on my third year growing in there...in fact, 2021's plant of the year (SuperSilverHaze) came out of that box..

“2021 plant of the year,” That is really awesome! I have been considering using bigger containers seeing all of you kids getting sick results. Perhaps I could get more meds and take a few months off growing. Going to be drinking some coffee and checking out your gear. I appreciate the kind welcome. Looking forward to growing with you kind soul. PEACE! -Billy

Hey, us tiny space growers gotta stick together!
seeing all of you kids getting sick results.
Ha! I'm actually an old fart, but thanks, Billy!🤪

Nothing that twice a day feedings can’t do😅…old fart 👴has time on hands…Peace! :thanks::peacetwo:

Thinking next run doing 1 gallon containers🪴…perhaps only once a day feedings🚿…hahahah
:thanks:🙏

These two ladies are drinking 1/2 gallon of nutrient liquid every 24 hrs. EACH!

Auto Blueberry day 78…perhaps a week maybe two more til harvest …plain h20 now. Watering only once daily now. R/H is 40%
Yellowing leaves are a nice indication of ripening.
Waiting for my friend “Amber Cells🍂”…she really gets me.🙃

Night Queen👸day 78
Just a beast🐻 of an auto!
Would perform well in a sea of green. 🌊🌲🌲🌲
2 1/2 foot auto plant of thick, greasy nuggets.
👃Smells of sweet incenses and hash. Very full buds.

SMELLY good!
The 200 cfm carbon filter doing her job. Always have a spare blower and filter. Just in case.
Three to four weeks left. Can see her bulk up daily in size.

Changed to “Connoisseur Bloom” week 6. Local supply was limited to this. Little learning curve using the new bloom base nuts… as I burned tips like a boss for two weeks🔥😵.

2000 ppms of Sensi bloom ph perfect was fine at weeks 6-7 ….”Connoisseur bloom ph perfect…NOT so. Sweet spot for “connoisseur bloom” is 900 to 1200 ppm’s = 1ml of A & B Connoisseur Bloom /.50 ml of Overdrive last three weeks of feeding/ and 2 ml of Bud Candy per liter. Will have to adjust feeding chart for next run.

These four nutrient products are all we have used for years.
🧪Base ph perfect “Connoisseur bloom A & B, ph perfect” or “Sensi Bloom A & B, ph perfect” @ a higher dose
🧪Bud Candy
🧪OverDrive
🧪Cal-Mag Extra

🗑No base GRoW formula needed. 🧫
🗑No liquid emzines needed. 🪳🐛
🗑No Nirvana needed 😌
🗑No B-52 ✈️
🗑No Flawless Finish🏁
🗑No Igniter 🔥
🗑No Big Bud 🌹
🗑No Rhino Needed🦏

🪴Little to no 🥛calmag extra needed (strain dependen) .50 ml per liter if needed

Advanced Nutrients other nutrient additives work…just for us, we found it not needed for micro passive hydro.

Same results with less 🧪nutrients after tens of tens of grows.
This simple four nutrient line up we use is tended for drain to waste, passive, 1/2 gallon hydro, auto grows. Can’t speak for soil/coco grows, other containers, or photoperiod strains.

We have only been growing autos 🪴with passive hydro💦 in 1/2 gallon containers for years now. We used to do 💦sea of green 🌲with these containers, filling small spaces…however with the laws👮, we want to stay legal. We don’t consume as much now we are older👵🏼👴🏽, or perhaps the quality💯 is just better.

You can do a lot with little.
This micro hydro system saves us money💰 on media, nutrients, and h20💦.

Drain to waste🗑is no waste @ 1/4 cup of run off average per container🪴.

Add some “recharge” ♻️ and rain water to the runnoff and into the house plants it’s goes. No waste!

I add nutrients in order of bottles. Always add cal mag extra first if you use it!

Weekly update. Week 11 now, day 78. Auto blueberry is showing some slight ambering…waiting for that sweet spot 20% amber from this strain. Using cold ripening to stress her enough to put out color and more frost. She is drinking very little at this point.

Auto Night Queen is a ridiculous greasy beast as always. This strain is very stable and uniform. Every seed I have planted of this over the years have the same 👃smell the same easy growing pattern, and always produce huge yeilds. Typical yield off this squatt auto night Queen in a half gallon hydro container is 2 1/2 ounces! One of my favorites to grow, consume, and meditate with. She smells soooo damn good. Soft yet greasy smooth smell. Carbon filter a must! The yield is amazing for her size. She is consisten!

She has another 2 to 3 weeks to ripen 🍂up a bit. Another strain that benefits from 🍁Ambering for highest quality medicine. Plain h20 (rainwater) and ice ripening. This strain eats little to nothing.

Here are the ladies side by side for reference. The ice 🥶ripening technology in full effect

Humbled…never thought about 🧊chilled 🌊h20.

Will have to give that a spin🔃 on the next Micro Hydro auto run in 🦃Nov.…👩‍🎓👨‍🎓then we’ll see what comes up with the chilled water ripening.

This journal 📗is clearly my first…learning a ton here daily.

Next journal 📚will be much more on point, informative, creative, and clear. Thanks for the complement.

Love the vibes here @Tokin Roll and:420:. Thanks again for hanging out. :popcorn:

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom