SoilGirl's Soil Multi-Strain Grow Journal 2014

Wow! Very nice harvest, that's a lot of good herb! I'm so happy for you. :circle-of-love:

Congrats! :bravo:

Enjoy that and the EQ :) Wicked haul. :thumb:
Thanks Lester! Idk, it looks like a lot, but I have a feeling it will shrink as it dries up a bit and I'll have a lot of popcorn lol. Oh well, at least it will be great tasting popcorn :slide: I already tried a sample today, it was fresh and still wet, but after a bag in the EQ to dry it up a little, it tasted amazing! I loved it, and it got me pretty medicated haha :) My Dad really likes the EQ too, he says he doesn't want to use my bong anymore lol.
Thank you for the kind words and for coming by! :love:
thanks for the photo update. Nice to see them all hanging up and drying.
no problem SBG, aw thanks, I'm feeling pretty happy with her all finished up too :volcano-smiley::thanks:
Hello SG. Congrats on start of a bountiful harvest. Buds look very, very good! Your grower talent much more apparent w/ the clearer pics. Looked up Euphoria genetics...lots of interesting strains in lineage. Good report on washing. It makes good sense but I don't do it. Remaining plants got a good rain wash Thur. so that's as far as I'll go. Probably too old school, plus I no longer foliar feed & was lucky enough to only need 4 sprays of spinosad this yr.

I have looked up Euphoria genetics a few different places and they're always different so I still don't really know much about the strain >.<
Thank you for the kind words Bright! I love having the new camera. I bet it's almost like seeing my buds for the first time for everyone here lol.
I don't know if washing is 100% necessary to me either, but I'll see how my washed/unwashed buds compare.

Thanks for coming by! I think I'm going to drop that Mekong High seed from Dutch Passion in some water today, and put her in a bag on the DVR tomorrow hahaha. Can't wait to see how that turns out! :circle-of-love::Namaste:

Good evening weed SG. Really nice harvest. that will fill the jars. Your new camera is doing a great job along with you taking them Nice photos. Before you are done you are going to have bushel basket to hold it all. :circle-of-love::yummy::yummy::circle-of-love::passitleft:

Congratulations on your harvest SoulGirl.

Good evening weed SG. Really nice harvest. that will fill the jars. Your new camera is doing a great job along with you taking them Nice photos. Before you are done you are going to have bushel basket to hold it all. :circle-of-love::yummy::yummy::circle-of-love::passitleft:
Aww thank you bee! :love: you're too kind, Lol the more the merrier! :yahoo: if the basket doesn't cut it I may bring in a truck for the harvest :laughtwo: today I actually need to make 2 more curing boxes since I've never harvested so much so quickly, and today I think Euphoria and the rest of Big Mama are coming down! :slide: Lucy got moved to her own box. these are good times :dreamy: :passitleft::volcano-smiley:
Congratulations on your harvest SoulGirl.
Thank you Reg! :circle-of-love: :Namaste:

So I'm about to take a second sample of Lucy, another 24 hrs later, and then get a little caught up on everyone's journals :) then I better get ready for harvest.... well IDK... maybe I'll let them wait another day to dry out, I watered them yesterday >.< what do you guys think? the soil is still wet, maybe I should let it dry out a bit?
:thanks:

Oh Gfc, its been awesome, I'm sure in the mountains are another story but down here, things are nice as could be. I should be able to keep plants going outdoors until early-mid december as long as I keep them inside until about 11 in the morning and put them back in by 7 p.m. on sunny days. On crappy days they can just stay by the window or go into my flower room for a while :) I've done it before and been amazed how long I can keep growing despite the change of seasons.

..my mouth dropped when i read mid december... i can feel the snow coming, the smell of fall is here in the mtns. im hoping for outdoor growers here that they can have enough time to finish out but i also would like to go hit the slopes ;) last i checked snow was lingering around 6500 feet so were still good for another month two tops.

I&i

..my mouth dropped when i read mid december... i can feel the snow coming, the smell of fall is here in the mtns. im hoping for outdoor growers here that they can have enough time to finish out but i also would like to go hit the slopes ;) last i checked snow was lingering around 6500 feet so were still good for another month two tops.

I&i
Yeah lol maybe mid december is an overstatement, but I got lucky back in 2012, maybe I'll get lucky again :)

...but yeah, I can feel a bite in the air at night time now, and I can't trust that we'll fight off snow until after Christmas again. What I know is as long as there's good sunlight and no ice or snow, I can keep my plants outside during the warmer parts of day until winter brings the temps down to below 50 even in the sun at like 2-3 pm; and before, that has lasted until december (but there were also stints of bad weather where my plants would stay inside for a couple days, and I expect the same again)

I've heard people say their plants got really f'ed up from moving them inside and outside alot, and I think to myself, wow that's odd, I have never had a problem, and several of my outdoor harvests (and a few of those were outstanding crops!) have hinged on me being able to move them inside and out regularly as the weather went from ideal to nightmarish and back over just a couple days time.
:ciao:

Still wondering whether to chop or not, anyone have any input at all for that? They were watered recently, should I wait for them to dry out before chop? What does that help? :thanks:

Getting chilly here too at night. Last couple of days they've had a good 8-9 hours of direct sunlight whilst the night temps have fallen to the mid to low 50s. Cold and clear on the mountain. I brought them in tonight. Don't know if it's the right thing, but I figure it's not the wrong thing. I'll let wiser heads answer the chop question - and I'm as interested in the answer to the dry-out question as you. So that's no blooming help then. :)
:cheer:

Aww thank you bee! :love: you're too kind, Lol the more the merrier! :yahoo: if the basket doesn't cut it I may bring in a truck for the harvest :laughtwo: today I actually need to make 2 more curing boxes since I've never harvested so much so quickly, and today I think Euphoria and the rest of Big Mama are coming down! :slide: Lucy got moved to her own box. these are good times :dreamy: :passitleft::volcano-smiley:

Thank you Reg! :circle-of-love: :Namaste:

So I'm about to take a second sample of Lucy, another 24 hrs later, and then get a little caught up on everyone's journals :) then I better get ready for harvest.... well IDK... maybe I'll let them wait another day to dry out, I watered them yesterday >.< what do you guys think? the soil is still wet, maybe I should let it dry out a bit?
:thanks:

SoilGirl had so much bounty she didn't even need to harvest. Congrats!!!
:cheesygrinsmiley::cool::goodjob::thumb:

Getting chilly here too at night. Last couple of days they've had a good 8-9 hours of direct sunlight whilst the night temps have fallen to the mid to low 50s. Cold and clear on the mountain. I brought them in tonight. Don't know if it's the right thing, but I figure it's not the wrong thing. I'll let wiser heads answer the chop question - and I'm as interested in the answer to the dry-out question as you. So that's no blooming help then. :)
:cheer:
I don't think bringing them in for the nights will hurt :) never hurt my plants! As to the chop, unless anyone else has some input that may coerce me to chop now, I think I'm just going to let them go another day, by the end of tomorrow (as long as there's good sun) the soil should be pretty dried out and I'll feel better chopping.
thanks for coming by Mr. Teddy! :love:
SoilGirl had so much bounty she didn't even need to harvest. Congrats!!!
:cheesygrinsmiley::cool::goodjob::thumb:
Hahaha maybe for a day :) but then I think I ought to harvest tomorrow. Euphoria is just prime, her amazing smell is as strong as it's ever been and she has tons of amazing amber trichs covering her sugar leaves, I mean a Sea of Amber waves, not just a few speckled about. And Big Mama, well she's not getting any better, its time for the rest of her to come down.

But thank you my wizardly pal from the eastern forests :circle-of-love: you're too kind, I'm a lot happier with Lucy's harvest than Mama's. Now the next 4 plants to come down will be a cut above the previous ones.

A side note though... remember the two Lucy twin bonsais that I have outside? Weirdly, one has really scrawny/skinny/spidery buds, and the other one which is in a slightly smaller pot, is filling out like Mini Lucy! Its crazy. I wonder why one is doing so much better than the other. They will be my last harvests of the original 8 outdoor plants this year; today I also moved my indoor vegging Mama and Lucy clones into some new flowering soil (they're in about 2 gallons now, its that soil I cooked up recently, I'm going to let the soil keep cooking, there was some nice fungus growing in there before I mixed it up today, then I'll move the other 4 indoor veggers outside in new soil) and put them outside. They seem to be taking to it nicely.

That's all for today, thanks guys! ...that is unless someone convinces me to harvest today with something I didn't know lol. :love:

edit: Sorry MP just saw your post :) sorry to hear of the impending snow! Wait, I don't think you're growing outside... oh well. lol. I love snow when I'm not growing outdoors lol, I grew up snowboarding until my eyelashes would freeze together in the icy winds :laughtwo: hopefully you have a reason to enjoy snow too!

I'm looking for photoperiod strains capable of handling extremely cold weather. For a guerrilla grow next year at 9000+ ft above sea level. Hope you don't mind me posting the question here, SG. Your journal has some traffic!

What if anything will tolerate snow and freezing temps outdoors?
Anyone have a suggestion lemme know please. This natural ganja farmer wants to try some outdoor next year!

You guys all inspire me!

I'm looking for photoperiod strains capable of handling extremely cold weather. For a guerrilla grow next year at 9000+ ft above sea level. Hope you don't mind me posting the question here, SG. Your journal has some traffic!

Anyone have a suggestion lemme know please. This natural ganja farmer wants to try some outdoor next year!

You guys all inspire me!

So far Train wreck and Bigbuds can care less about weather. I will let you know about white widow,FLO that is outside. I am going to test THC,Ice,Strawberry blue,Berry bomb in a week or so they are going outside to test.

Just had a patient come in today talking about his buddys outdoor grow and how it took 6 months for him, he got hit with some rain (closer to the ocean) and he said his buddys crop was turned to mold over night.

get your tarps up people! ;)

About your question soilgirl, on "why wait for your soil to dry out before you harvest"

its been said to help speed up the curing process, but if this effects the taste or smell i do not know as i have not done this myself. there are members on 420mag and in your journal that know more about this then i so they will speak up when time is given :)

I&i

Edit: here in washington, today we got a bit of the Sunshine and Rain. this is the outdoor growers worst combination. luckily there is a steady wind today as well

You guys all inspire me!
Idk about making it through snow or ice Corgie, but personally I have had a Pineapple Kush plant make it into December, but I'd take it inside for really crappy weather days. It gave great buds too :) I also had a Blue Widow and a Gold Mountain Gorilla, and a few others make it through November, but keep in mind I was growing down in the westminster area, not the mountains. Just the front range ;)

...needless to say, I don't mind you asking here! :circle-of-love:
So far Train wreck and Bigbuds can care less about weather. I will let you know about white widow,FLO that is outside. I am going to test THC,Ice,Strawberry blue,Berry bomb in a week or so they are going outside to test.
Cool! Someone else moving some plants outdoors in CO, I feel a lot less lonely now lol :) Thanks for coming by and sharing CO Finest!
Just had a patient come in today talking about his buddys outdoor grow and how it took 6 months for him, he got hit with some rain (closer to the ocean) and he said his buddys crop was turned to mold over night.

get your tarps up people! ;)

About your question soilgirl, on "why wait for your soil to dry out before you harvest"

its been said to help speed up the curing process, but if this effects the taste or smell i do not know as i have not done this myself. there are members on 420mag and in your journal that know more about this then i so they will speak up when time is given :)

I&i

Edit: here in washington, today we got a bit of the Sunshine and Rain. this is the outdoor growers worst combination. luckily there is a steady wind today as well
Oh, sorry about the weather Gfc, but thanks so much for the response about letting it dry out a bit.
Idk about the tarp :p but I have a covered deck they can hide under, and further retreat indoors if needed, to an unoccupied flowering room (that still needs a little touching up) ... should do. ;)
Thanks for coming by Gfc. :passitleft:

if you dont want to use a tarp (blocking sun out) or whatever the issue may be, thick painters plastic will work too. (just not here in the mtns where the wind blows daily a average of 5-10mph. i cover my tomatoes with a transparent (non scented) garbage bag at nights. just to keep the heat locked in and the moisture out, also place straw(hay) at the bottom of the tomatoes to help keep roots from frost shock.

I&i

That's a very professional looking Signature you have there MaPilot. Just thought I'd mention that.

That's a very professional looking Signature you have there MaPilot. Just thought I'd mention that.
Hahaha I noticed that too. Nice MP :) :passitleft:
if you dont want to use a tarp (blocking sun out) or whatever the issue may be, thick painters plastic will work too. (just not here in the mtns where the wind blows daily a average of 5-10mph. i cover my tomatoes with a transparent (non scented) garbage bag at nights. just to keep the heat locked in and the moisture out, also place straw(hay) at the bottom of the tomatoes to help keep roots from frost shock.

I&i
yeah I've used trash bags before too :) the hay is a great idea though, and good thing, I have a lot of hay around here. I probably should mulch my containers with hay for the rest of my plants.

I've been out most of the day trimming up the rest of Big Mama, haven't even got to Euphoria >.< but - omg.... I've never seen so much amber as I have on Euphoria now lol. All her leaves are pretty much 100% amber, but her buds/calyxes are all still like ~80% or more cloudy. Even the sample I took a week or so ago blew me away, with barely being cured and out of a bong... I have been dying for more. She's going to be up first today though so I gotta go get back to cutting, I want the bud-wash water fresh for her, Mama - eh, she can get sloppy seconds >.< ....

About Big Mama though- I'm glad I let her lower growth all mature a bit, without the top nugs light got through to all the little leaves and nugs that were basically growing in a dark, green cave until that point, and even though the nugs didn't fill out really...everything got covered in amber trichomes! I squeezed a Lot of nice amber trichs out of her in the last week or so that weren't there before, I think I'm going to save a lot of her popcorn and make some heavy hitting indica hash ;)

ok.... back to work... or maybe I could sample some more of Juicy Lucy.... (she really is juicy!! and reminds me of a different kind of lucy where the high comes in.. :yahoo:)

.... :ciao: :passitleft:

Hey everyone! Lol I did daTs :love: Euphoria was cake to trim, because every fan leaf pretty much had crystals LOL :) Big Mama, was as ever, a stubborn b**ch to trim. Now time for my update...

Euphoria and Big Mama's harvest update!!

Here's Euphoria!! I had a hard time getting ambers to show in the pics, but try and find them on sugar leaves in the closeups, they may either appear first as little brown dots, or as cloudy trichs, but I promise you haha, under close inspection, ambers are covering the sugar leaves almost completely, though they've mildly degraded, they aren't standing straight up like the cloudy trichs anymore in places.

She smells... absolutely amazing beyond my ability to explain.. but here's my meagre attempt: Imagine a skunky sweet, peppery weed smell, crossed with a grapefruit kush x super silver haze type of flavor. I've always explained the terpenes as very citrusy somewhere between oranges and grapefruits, with black pepper all over but a little diesel fuel mixed in. But there's something else hard to explain... almost an embodiment of our hot dry but sweet air mixed with a strong earthy-ness that I think is a reflection of the environment here :)

I know that I'm harvesting some true top shelf stuff in Euphoria. Big Mama... probably low shelf. But we'll get to her. On to the pics of beautiful Euphoria girl.

PA010006.JPG
PA010007.JPG
PA010008.JPG
PA0100101.JPG
PA0100131.JPG
PA0100141.JPG

Please pick your favorite two pics for me to enter in POTM this month! I think Euphoria deserves my nomination. I'd love your help choosing!!

And here's Big Mama. She has a lot more trichs in this lower growth than before, and will make top shelf hash if nothing else :) :yummy: not my best work........ but like I said. Hash. *sighs*

PA010016.JPG
PA0100171.JPG

Now time to prepare for wash :) This time Mama will have no PM after a diluted peroxide drench.
Thanks for coming by!! :thanks: :love: :Namaste:

With that much amber I think she needs to be completely chopped...

Back
Top Bottom