Sponsored Grow: Dope Seeds, Do-si-Dos & Wedding Cake, Winter 2021

The growth rate here over the past couple weeks since I popped in is phenomenal. I've heard lots of good things about your growing styles and habits, it's nice to see all your plants loving whatever you do with them. Keep up the great work!

Veg, Day 52
Well, not all of them are 52 days old, but now we have managed to get them all pretty much to the same point in development. Now that the topping has been forgotten, the new girls are really starting to concentrate on developing their roots and we have shaved a day off of the wet/dry cycle on this round... but still not quite ready to transplant. I plan on uppotting them to their finals this week and moving them to Veg room #2. I think we have had our last cold overnight, and we need to also uppot the mother plants and move them outside, making room for these bad girls to finish vegging.

Note the color of all of these plants. They are in less than ideal soil, only amended by Dynomyco. The lighting in this room is also a compromise. The vigorous growth and very good health has to be attributed to @GeoFlora Nutrients!

DSCF9146.JPG
DSCF9145.JPG
DSCF9144.JPG
DSCF9143.JPG

Veg, Day 52
Well, not all of them are 52 days old, but now we have managed to get them all pretty much to the same point in development. Now that the topping has been forgotten, the new girls are really starting to concentrate on developing their roots and we have shaved a day off of the wet/dry cycle on this round... but still not quite ready to transplant. I plan on uppotting them to their finals this week and moving them to Veg room #2. I think we have had our last cold overnight, and we need to also uppot the mother plants and move them outside, making room for these bad girls to finish vegging.

Note the color of all of these plants. They are in less than ideal soil, only amended by Dynomyco. The lighting in this room is also a compromise. The vigorous growth and very good health has to be attributed to @GeoFlora Nutrients!

DSCF9146.JPG
DSCF9145.JPG
DSCF9144.JPG
DSCF9143.JPG
Ladies look good. Happy Easter Emilya.

The girls are really getting huge now, and they have finally hit the benchmark ability to drain the container in 36 hours or less. We are having a cold snap here in Missouri this weekend and with lows still predicted in the upper 30's and lower 40's several night this next week, I still can not send the mother plants out to the back yard. I am simply out of room and can't transplant these 5 to 5 gallon containers at the moment without changing veg room #1... so for now they have to suffer for a bit more in these 1 gallon containers.

They all got watered yesterday, with a promise of larger containers in the near future.

Here is our Durban clone:
DSCF9151.JPG

The DosiDos:
DSCF9152.JPG

The Wedding Cakes:
DSCF9153.JPG

Isn't it just great when we run out of places for our beloved canna plants? :laughtwo:

Looking great in here Em!

Today was a big day. All of our plants in Veg Room #1 got uppotted to 5 gallon soft sided containers which will be their final containers. Wanting to have a spectacular finish to these fine ladies, all the stops were pulled, and all of my best methods have been used. This is also how I will be handling the GSC Comparative grow. Everything that I am doing will take a bit of explaining... so hang on to something solid... here we go down the rabbit hole.

First, the base soil is the same once used Fox Farm Ocean Forest and Happy Frog that was used in previous rounds, having been baked in the oven at 250 for an hour to remove any life that still might exist in there. Sure enough, some fungus gnats objected when I started to put their homes into the hot oven, but I closed the door so I could no longer see their agonized little faces as they were forced to deal with the heat. The soil was sterilized, and then refurbished.

What do I mean by refurbished? I have added back some raw nutrients to this soil, as I was dealing with a 20gal lot of it out of the oven, and I want to eventually turn it into something quite special that will be able to be used yet again. The raw nutrients that I added will mostly not be available during this run, but after slowly cooking away in the background and having some of the microbes work on them during this grow along with the regular Geoflora Nutrients, there will be plenty of nutrition left over for the grow after this. I am effectively over time, turning this base soil into a vulx enhanced supersoil. Along with the Vulx I have added 2/3 cup bone meal, 2/3 cup feather meal, and 2/3 cup of oyster shell flower. I added 1/3 cup of Soft Rock Phosphate, 2 tbls Epsom Salt, and Dolomite and 1 tblspoon of Azomite... and then one teeny tiny teaspoon of Humic Acid to help pull all this together.

20210411_162415.jpg
20210411_160717.jpg

Some of this mess will go to enhance the current grow and some of it will simply cook in while we work. Will it work to allow all of this to happen at the same time? I believe it will, and I will get to prove this theory before trying it again on the GSC run.

So for this grow, since all of those nutes are still going to be unavailable to the plants, just to keep things interesting, the bottom third of the container is filled with an actual supersoil, Purple Cow. There is also 1 cup of composted steer manure as the very bottom layer of the container, to entice some strong root response down there.

20210411_155542.jpg
20210411_155501.jpg
20210411_155530.jpg

Next, there is a layer of the enhanced base soil to bring the plant up to height, but before putting in the plant, a half a cup of Geoflora was spread around along with 2 handfuls of EarthWormCastings, and two large tablespoons of @DYNOMYCO.

20210411_170113.jpg
20210411_170241.jpg

Then the rest of the container was backfilled with the enhanced base soil, right up to a half inch below the lip of the container. Another 1/2 cup of @GeoFlora Nutrients was top dressed and the containers were watered slowly to runoff.

The plants were all crowded back into Veg Room #1 for now and I will get pictures of the overcrowded villa tomorrow after everyone has had a chance to settle in. I think we can expect a strong growth spurt or spontaneous combustion... time will tell.

20210411_155508.jpg

20210410_172500.jpg

OK... I want to show you something. I pretty much set out trying to see if I could burn my plants with @GeoFlora Nutrients. Not only did I start off with a FFOF and FFHF mix, but then I amended it too! Not only that, but there was also composted steer manure in there along with the bottom 1/3 of the container being brand new Purple Cow Supersoil and on top of all that there was a double helping of @GeoFlora Nutrients in there, some mixed in the soil and then some more also applied to the top and watered in upon transplanting. If it were possible to burn my plants on this transplant, this should have done it.

Instead, silence is coming from Veg room #1. My partner informs me that there are no screams or cries of agony, and we see no spontaneous combustions and no burned plants. Indeed, the plants all seem to love this treatment and we are now experiencing a serious growth spurt and dramatic uptake in water usage. The trunks are getting visibly bigger, just since putting them in the 5g containers. No signs of deficiencies or overages can be seen. These are some seriously happy plants.

DSCF9157.JPG
DSCF9156.JPG
DSCF9155.JPG
DSCF9154.JPG

That's how I like them to look! I can't wait to Geoflora up my outdoor garden this summer!

never knew it could be effective in an outdoor.

i'm waiting to see if they are going to expand to markets outside of the US.

never knew it could be effective in an outdoor.

i'm waiting to see if they are going to expand to markets outside of the US.
I will continue using it when I move my mother plants outdoors in about a week, both in veg and in bloom. I also plan on using it on my tomato plants.

I will continue using it when I move my mother plants outdoors in about a week, both in veg and in bloom. I also plan on using it on my tomato plants.

looking forward to that. i'm hoping it works well.
i wanna fire up the outdoor hydro bins i built for the folks soon. still digging out from the last snow though lol.

OK... I want to show you something. I pretty much set out trying to see if I could burn my plants with @GeoFlora Nutrients. Not only did I start off with a FFOF and FFHF mix, but then I amended it too! Not only that, but there was also composted steer manure in there along with the bottom 1/3 of the container being brand new Purple Cow Supersoil and on top of all that there was a double helping of @GeoFlora Nutrients in there, some mixed in the soil and then some more also applied to the top and watered in upon transplanting. If it were possible to burn my plants on this transplant, this should have done it.

Instead, silence is coming from Veg room #1. My partner informs me that there are no screams or cries of agony, and we see no spontaneous combustions and no burned plants. Indeed, the plants all seem to love this treatment and we are now experiencing a serious growth spurt and dramatic uptake in water usage. The trunks are getting visibly bigger, just since putting them in the 5g containers. No signs of deficiencies or overages can be seen. These are some seriously happy plants.

DSCF9157.JPG
DSCF9156.JPG
DSCF9155.JPG
DSCF9154.JPG

DSCF9157.JPG
DSCF9156.JPG
DSCF9155.JPG
DSCF9154.JPG
I was going to ask about just the thing you did with the FFOF only using the directed amounts. There's no worry about burn there! Happy plants even to the most casual observer!

Wow... that is the only way to describe what is happening in Veg Room #1 right now! These plants are due for their next feeding in about a week, and it is going to be unnecessary to hold them in veg any longer. These plants have taken to their 5 gallon containers and after even one more watering they would be ready to go to bloom already, taking full advantage of the larger containers. When it is next time to feed, they are getting bloom version of @GeoFlora Nutrients, and they are moving to the soon to be at capacity, bloom room under a third grow light!

The pictures tell the whole story:
DSCF9172.JPG
DSCF9171.JPG
DSCF9170.JPG
DSCF9169.JPG

Back
Top Bottom