Sqwheels' Perpetual 2L Hempy + Moms

The bold part is what makes me think N by her picture. This is just my opinion I have been reading your journal for a little while and have mu respect for you and your growing abilities. :Namaste:

The respect is mutual, and you MAY be correct.:Namaste:

I certainly wouldn't stake my life on my diagnosis....a plant's life, maybe, just not my own! :)

Only problem is, she's been adding epsom pretty heavy already to make up for Mg def.....I can't hazard a guess at this point.

I had a thought... You can tell me what you think.

If it were me, and I wasn't sure, I might try foliar feeding with epsom. If done properly,early morning I think, before lights come on, and making sure you get the undersides of the leaves...then the symptoms should improve right away if it's a Mg deficiency...

Kind of a Dr. House approach to treat, and if the patient improves then that was the problem, but I think a foliar feeding with epsom wouldn't hurt, and would show you very quickly if Mg is the problem, and removes lockout from the equation.

:Namaste:

Hi Mr.K,

Going to have to reply within your quote to answer...in red

Sqwheels, you are 420% correct that the plant needs N, P & K (and a bunch of other elements) throughout it's entire life cycle. But, at different stages in its growth, it requires more, or less, of each element. This is why your Micro and Bloom formulas have different N, P, K ratios, and by mixing them both in different amounts, you can accomodate the plant through the entire life cycle.

Yep, I'm understanding the nutes macro/micro better now, but the nutes I use (GH floranova, grow/bloom) are only 1 part...1 bottle of grow, and 1 bottle of bloom, all the macros/micros are included in each in differing amounts of course. No options to mix them in different amounts, only ppms/ecs, up/down being different depending on how much I add...1/2t adds 300, 1t adds 600, 1-1/2t adds 900 like that.

Now, as for your yellowing, the intervenal banding really sounds like a Magnesium deficiency. When it's an N deficiency, the leaves tend to yellow uniformly, not just between the veins.

I was uning this...N reference
Nitrogen1.jpg

I thought this was N, pic 1&2 are from last week...1-30 and pic 3 is from day 21, just before I defoliated...most of the big fans looked like #3 and I took them off anyway
DSCN10242.JPG

DSCN10251.JPG

RSCN08911.JPG

and this Mg reference
Magnesium1.jpg

In these next 2 pics (1 of OG seedling popped 12-27, and 1 from weeks ago of WW mom II)I thought this was a Mg def and fed/sprayed with a little epsom, WW has recovered nicely, OG has shown slight improvment
DSCN10432.JPG

DSCN08042.JPG

Both N and Mg are "mobile" elements, which means the plant can move them from one location to another, when they're needed. This also means that, in both cases, signs will typically show lower on the plant (older growth), since it will move those elements to support the new growth.

When you defoliate age--older/younger and location--top/bottom is kinda mute...Follow my crazy thought for a sec... on my plants right now the oldest leaves are the ones I left when I defoliated? even tho they are mostly at the top (those are the ones that didn't have enough of a stem to get ahold of so I didn't pinch them off). That seems to make sense to me because after defoliation (remember I was brutal) the leaves I didn't remove (little ones with no stem, mostly at the top and close to all the bud sites) are bigger now, and thus the oldest, but there are younger leaves now lower on the plants, and these new/younger/smaller leaves are also showing this same interveinal chlorosis. I'll post new pics with tomorrows update.

If you haven't seen it yet, this link is very helpful and is different than the "pictorial":

Nutrient Disorder Problem Solver

I haven't, but will go look--thanks

The first three items, discuss what we're talking about:

So, by your description, and the pics I've seen, I remain convinced it's a Mg issue and adding some more mag should help. (note: your leaf margins look turnd up, too!)

I'll check this out closer after light on tomorrow and comment further in my update.

I'd try to get the plant healthy before I did another "heavy" defoliation, but if you want to remove a leaf or two to open up a couple of bud sites, I'm sure it won't be an issue.

The only defoliating I'll be doing from here on out will be light related. I think I did a maximum job @ 21 days...they really don't need it again.

Main focus should be getting the plant healthy so it can focus it's energy on flowering and not trying to heal itself!

Amen

I have an OPINION here, when you defoliate heavily, the plant grows(replaces) most leaves over time. That requires Nitrogen as if in "veg". I would guess that defoliated plants need more N during flower than plants left w/ their leaves. I'm also guessing that BPN has more N than what you are using since 420fied didn't have the yellowing. A bunch of growers have dark green leaves up to harvest, based on different feed (or different nutes) schedules. I'm w/ Mr. K not to defoliate heavy, just as needed, and let the plant coast it out. Next grow try some new nutes.

Thanks OG, always nice to get your ideas on things...see my reply to MrK for more...

I'm already planning on BPN...soon

:peace:

Just wait. Come Monday-Wednesday I will strip the shit out of my girls at about 45 days flower. I'll provide before defoliation, after defoliation, and 3, 4, 5, 7-8 days after defoliation pictures. You may be pleasantly surprised. There are plenty of growers out there stripping the hell out of their little pubescent girls and getting very high production with no nutrient problems whatsoever. There is a method to the madness as contrary to what we would normally believe it is.

Hi Bass,

You don't have to sell me on defoliation...I'm a true believer, especially if you grow like I am. The light penetration makes so much difference, and the bud production after is truly amazing.

I've been watching your grow :thumb: good job

Hi HMG,

So happy for your opinion too, I'll have to reply within your quote as well...in red

Mr Krip, I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you on this one. I have a hard time with these two N and Mg. By looking at her picture you can see it is starting at the tip and working its way back to the node. I copied this from Plant Pictorial

Have read this, back when I first started researching nutes/water stuff, as well as the one Mr.K referenced in his post, I just didn't go check it out before I replied to him. They are both good sources of info...thank you.

Unlike a magnesium deficiency, nitrogen def will start from the tips and work its way back to the leaf node. Nitrogen and Magnesium get confused. The best way to tell them apart is, nitrogen deficiency starts around the tips and works its way to the back of the leaves, where a magnesium deficiency will cover the entire outer part of the leave and make the entire leaves yellow leaving the veins to stay green. If your plants are having a slow growth rate and have yellowing of the leaves, then most likely it's a nitrogen deficiency.
Towards the middle to end of flowering stages, the plant will show a nitrogen deficiency almost always. This process is completely normal and just let the plant naturally yellow out as it uses it's stored nutrients. This actually helps you by getting ready for final flushing and then harvesting. At this point DO NOT not use nitrogen to fix the problem. The yellowing leaves will then eventually drop off after the plant is done with them.

I figured an N def at this stage is pretty normal for all the reasons that have been mentioned here. I haven't "done" anything to the girls because of that...I'm pretty much just "observing" and making only very small changes when the problem is obvious and I'm confident I can do something to fix it...I don't want to over love them...Because I love them sooo much :rofl:

Magnesium (Mg) - Micronutrient and Mobile Element

Magnesium helps supports healthy veins while keeping a healthy leaf production and its structure. Magnesium is significant for chlorophyll-production and enzyme break downs. Magnesium which must be present in relatively large quantities for the plant to survive, but yet not to much to where it will cause the plant to show a toxicity.

Magnesium is one of the easiest deficiencies to tell... the green veins along with the yellowness of the entire surrounding leave is a dead giveaway, but sometimes that's not always the case here. In case you have one of those where it doesn't show the green veins, sometimes leaf tips and edges may discolour and curl upward. The growing tips can turn lime green when the deficiency progresses to the top of the plant. The edges will feel like dry and crispy and usually affects the lower leaves in younger plants, then will affect the middle to upper half when it gets older, but It can also happen on older leaves as well. The deficiency will start at the tip then will take over the entire outer left and right sides of the leaves. The inner part will be yellow and or brownish in colour, followed by leaves falling without withering. The tips can also twist and turn as well as curving upwards as if you curl your tongues.

See my reply to Mr.K for more on this...

Thanks so much for all your input

Only problem is, she's been adding epsom pretty heavy already to make up for Mg def.....I can't hazard a guess at this point.

Hi OG,

Not sure how you got this impression...I haven't given the clones any epsom since (I'm looking at my calander as I'm typing this and just now realizing the coincidence of this, or maybe it's not coincidence) I haven't given epsom since the day after I defoliated 1-15 they got RO/t 66 + epsom = 467ppm - unadjusted pH, so it would have been around 7.0. And 2 days later they got a flush, since then I've been feeding just Bloom + Molasses on a regular basis, no epsom.

Sorry for any confusion.

I had a thought... You can tell me what you think.

If it were me, and I wasn't sure, I might try foliar feeding with epsom. If done properly,early morning I think, before lights come on, and making sure you get the undersides of the leaves...then the symptoms should improve right away if it's a Mg deficiency...

Kind of a Dr. House approach to treat, and if the patient improves then that was the problem, but I think a foliar feeding with epsom wouldn't hurt, and would show you very quickly if Mg is the problem, and removes lockout from the equation.

:Namaste:

I don't think foliar spraying at this point is a good idea...they are so dense and sticky I'd been afraid of the extra moisture. And I really don't think it Mg. I plan to continue with observation for a few days, no more defoliation unless absolutely necessary and just see what happens.

On the Dr House thing and Mg... a couple weeks ago my vegging Wonder Woman mom II (the little one) had what I finally decided was a Mg def and I did spray with an epsom, she has improved much...so I think I was right on that call.

Thanks for your input, all the opinions/discussion really means a lot to me.

:cheer:

Can someone tell me how I can change the name of my journal...

Seems to fit what I'm doing better

Thanks

Can someone tell me how I can change the name of my journal...

Seems to fit what I'm doing better

Thanks

Ask one of the staff members! :Namaste:

Hi OMM,

Thanks, I thought maybe I could do it somehow...don't want to bother the staff unnecessarily, I know they're busy. I did however click the "report post" button. I read somewhere that the staff will look at that post at some point, so we'll see what happens.

Hi OMM,

Thanks, I thought maybe I could do it somehow...don't want to bother the staff unnecessarily, I know they're busy. I did however click the "report post" button. I read somewhere that the staff will look at that post at some point, so we'll see what happens.

I've seen other journals renamed, one of mine included, but the staff had to do it.
I know what you mean about bothering them. Busy Busy! :adore:

Hi Folks,

Here's another...Weekly Update...8 Wonder Woman clones 45 days 12/12, 36 since first flowers appeared.
Group shot
DSCN10565.JPG

A couple of bud sites
DSCN10655.JPG

This bud is at the very bottom of the tallest plant (front, left, very bottom in group shot above) about 22" from the light.
Defoliation is a good thing.
DSCN10621.JPG

These next shots are mainly showing the leaves and how they are discolored...I'm trying hard to learn and discern the different nute issues. Still not sure, but I think this is an N def. They are about 1/2 way thru their life cycle and this is probably somewhat normal. My buddy who gave this WW to me has a garden full of yellowing leaves. He told me not to worry. But I do...
DSCN10602.JPG

DSCN10613.JPG

DSCN10644.JPG

DSCN10663.JPG

DSCN10592.JPG

I won't be defoliating heavily again even tho it's time...I feel like I did such a brutal job @ 21 days, and the fact they seem to be using those leaves, I'm just going to wait and see. They are suppose to finish in 55-60 days, so I've got about 3 weeks

Next up is the OG kush & PE seedlings...I was all excited a few days ago, I thought for sure they were both girls...now I'm not so sure. Popped on 12-27, UBT'd 1-31, and I pulled them from the veg room Sunday--20hrs dark and then into the flower room, so Monday 2-6 was their first day of 12/12.
DSCN10671.JPG

PE top view
DSCN10681.JPG

@ the stem
RSCN1096.JPG

RSCN1094.JPG

OG top view
DSCN10692.JPG

@ the stem
DSCN10724.JPG

RSCN1095.JPG

You can see the big bumps @ the nodes along with little hairs. I'm new to sexing MJ so I'm not sure yet...but they may be male...bummer

As hard as I try I can't seem to get good pics of my moms, I think they are camera shy...but here's a couple
WW mom I
DSCN10862.JPG

DSCN10871.JPG

in the veg room
DSCN11022.JPG

WW mom II
DSCN10902.JPG

DSCN10931.JPG

in the veg toom
DSCN11001.JPG

Flower room after adding the new...let's hope, girls
DSCN10782.JPG

:green_heart:

Happy Growing Everybody

Hi Sqwheels :goodjob:

They all look great, as usual. Actually, those leaves are kind of pretty, but I'm medicated and it all looks great. If you were going to defoliate that's the ones I would pick. On second thought, like your friend said it may just be normal.

Those 8 girls are just beautiful. :adore::adore:

Can't really tell yet, but one does look a bit manish.:surf:

Just keep your eyes peeled for the white pistils....not the green "hairs" present on every branch. You will know before you need to know, don't worry. I thought they were fems?

Pre-flowers, indicating female sex, always remind me of little fuzzy white antennas coming from a little pod.

Male preflowers usually look like a little ball on a stick, and has somewhat of a crab claw look initially.

Those are just my way of thinking of them, but antennas are girls, crab claws on a stick are boys... ;)

Back
Top Bottom