Sqwheels' Perpetual 2L Hempy + Moms

It just keeps getting better & better, Sqwheels! :welldone:

The PE & OG Kush (especially the Kush) look like they have a slight N deficiency, which you can tell by yellowing on the lower leaves. I'd up the grow nutes a little, since 340 PPM is a little low and they're using up lots of N at this stage.

The brown tips on the PE look like a Cal deficiency, but I only see it on one lower leaf and all the new growth looks great, so whatever you've done about that looks like it's worked! :goodjob:

The trichs on those WW's look delicious, and I can't wait to see how they look in a few weeks when those buds get more developed! :thumb:

Also, a tip on the Bonsais... Feed VERY low doses of nutes. They don't need a lot of nutes or light - just enough to survive. I never feed mine more than a week #1 or week #2 grow dose (maybe 400-700 PPM or so), or they start showing problems. And, you don't need to feed them with every watering.

Hey Sqwheel's girls are looking great. I haven't posted much but have tried to read some journals I followed, and have to agree with OMM your journal has helped me a great deal.

:welldone:

Hello HMG,

You're right, it's been awhile...nice to see you again. I'm glad my journal has helped, that's what we all do this for, to help each other. IMO

Thanks for stopping by...don't be a stranger :high-five:

I will do that.....but I still like yours!

The pictures you just posted are great. I'll look back and see how much you defoliated them. This time mine will be from seeds, but will be doing clones soon too! Got to give it a try! :high-five:

Hi OMM,

I'm glad you like the pics, they are however showing some signs of dark green veins/light flesh again...just like before the defoliation 2 wks ago today, and I did a real job of them...I don't know if you looked back at those pics, but I pinched everything with a stem, even if that stem was only 3mm long, if I could get my thumb in there to pinch it...I did. They seemed to take right off after that tho, within a couple days I noticed a difference.

Good luck with the clones...I've had 100% success with the root riot cubes and clonex...however I did just trim my Wonder Woman Bonsai of several and just put them in RO/tap in a cup...just to see what happens.

How's Jo? Tell her Hi

:peace:

It just keeps getting better & better, Sqwheels! :welldone:

The PE & OG Kush (especially the Kush) look like they have a slight N deficiency, which you can tell by yellowing on the lower leaves. I'd up the grow nutes a little, since 340 PPM is a little low and they're using up lots of N at this stage.

The brown tips on the PE look like a Cal deficiency, but I only see it on one lower leaf and all the new growth looks great, so whatever you've done about that looks like it's worked! :goodjob:

The trichs on those WW's look delicious, and I can't wait to see how they look in a few weeks when those buds get more developed! :thumb:

Also, a tip on the Bonsais... Feed VERY low doses of nutes. They don't need a lot of nutes or light - just enough to survive. I never feed mine more than a week #1 or week #2 grow dose (maybe 400-700 PPM or so), or they start showing problems. And, you don't need to feed them with every watering.

Hey Mr.K,

Yep, I totally agree...better and better. With each new grow/experiment I've learned more and gained a little more confidence. :) I love growing (just in case you didn't know, :rofl:)

Today I actually gave the seedlings a shot of Mg along with their nutes, the charts I use (see below), between the description and what I see makes me think Mg...but I have slowly increased the ppm's also because I thought they might need more N. But now that I've looked over all these charts again (there are several in "my photos") it could be K, maybe I should have given them some molasses. I'm always second guessing myself.

I'm sure the Mg I've been feeding/spraying to WW bonsai mom II has helped, it's been a little over a week since I started that on her and she is definately improving, I'll include pics of mom's next update...WW bonsai mom I, today anyway looks absolutely beautiful. I haven't had any issues with her...go figure? They all get pretty much the same stuff in varying degrees. I still feel really lost over the whole feeding thing...I fret all the time about what I'm giving them...my buddy laughs at me. Did you know that 1/2t epsom to 1/2gal of RO/tap @ 60-80ppm ends up @ 540's ppm Wow that seems like a lot. I'm rambling...sorry, I could go on and on with questions/suppositions on nutes/water and all that it entales.

gallery_18195_3606_45028.jpg

Magnesium1.jpg

Potassium4.jpg

Those trics do look yummy don't they? The smell...literally makes my mouth water.:yahoo:

Link above? I'd like to have that with all the pics together so nice and cleanly.

I'm pretty confident in the N deficiency on that PE. With MG, you'll see the yellowing between the veins. With N, you'll see the whole leaf yellow. Since N is a mobile element, when there's a deficiency, it will start using stored N from the lower leafs, so you'll see the yellowing there, first.

If you don't already have it saved somewhere, this is a good reference:

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

Bassman,

I have several of those pages saved in "my photos" section here on 420 I don't have the link where I found them...I googled images of nute deficiencies and found a bunch of them and saved them all to "my photos" plus several charts on pH and other junk...I need all the help I can get...just go look thru my photos a few pages back and you'll find them...if not let me know I'll upload directly to you if you like.

Hey Mr.K,

I'll be giving more ppm's next feeding :cheer: you're probably right, thanks

Hi OMM,

I'm glad you like the pics, they are however showing some signs of dark green veins/light flesh again...just like before the defoliation 2 wks ago today, and I did a real job of them...I don't know if you looked back at those pics, but I pinched everything with a stem, even if that stem was only 3mm long, if I could get my thumb in there to pinch it...I did. They seemed to take right off after that tho, within a couple days I noticed a difference.

Good luck with the clones...I've had 100% success with the root riot cubes and clonex...however I did just trim my Wonder Woman Bonsai of several and just put them in RO/tap in a cup...just to see what happens.

How's Jo? Tell her Hi

Hey Thanks Young Lady! :high-five:

Jo is doing great! We cooked Pork Chops and BBQ beans last night. A joint effort. Afterwards we sat at the table and talked about how we met and we both ended up telling each other we are both right where we should be. A truly wonderful night. :love:

Did you know that 1/2t epsom to 1/2gal of RO/tap @ 60-80ppm ends up @ 540's ppm Wow that seems like a lot. I'm rambling...sorry, I could go on and on with questions/suppositions on nutes/water and all that it entales.

Really makes you wonder why nutes cost so much. A little salt in some water....just need the right salt and some coloring to make it look expensive.

:cheer:

Hey OMM,

Gotta love those joint efforts... so happy to hear she's feeling good, makes life so much better :)

Gotta get caught up on my reading, It's been a few days...see ya soon

:circle-of-love:

Hi JZ,

thanks for the kind words...I don't know about one of the masters, but I'm having a great time as an apprentice

:passitleft:

Hi Folks,

Ok, I'm trying to get back on schedule and do a weekly update each Monday...so, here we go. I got a little picture crazy today, hope you like.

Group shot, 8 wonder woman clones 30 days flower
DSCN10174.JPG

some various bud shots
DSCN10181.JPG

DSCN10192.JPG

DSCN10202.JPG

DSCN10242.JPG

DSCN10251.JPG

DSCN10212.JPG

DSCN10221.JPG

You can see in a couple of these pics a little yellowing to a few leaves, this looks just like it did before defoliating, it starts at the leaf tips with the flesh between the veins turning light green in color then progressing to the leaf slowly dying, this hasn't happened yet, but it looks like it might...I have to figure out why. Overall they are getting red hairs now and the trics are really showing, they are sticky and smelly. I'm so happy :yahoo:

The rest of this update is all about the vegging stuff, not as sexxy but just as important.

Veg room before
DSCN10262.JPG

Wonder Woman mom I

DSCN1027.JPG

DSCN10533.JPG

Wonder Woman mom I is doing excellent, she's going to donate in a couple weeks for the next go round, and if WW mom II continues to improve I'll probably end up putting mom I into flower.

Wonder Woman mom II
DSCN10312.JPG

DSCN10495.JPG

It's a little hard to tell from my poor photography but she has definately improved with the extra feed/spray of epsom

Now for the babies in the bunch

Pineapple Express & OG kush x Ultimate... popped 12-27-11, topped today
OG in veg room
DSCN10301.JPG

PE in veg room
DSCN10293.JPG

Bassman59 recently asked me some specifics about how I clone, so I thought I'd include some details
Tools for topping
DSCN10384.JPG

Once I've cut the clones and scalped the stalk a little, coated with clonex and buried into cubes I always mix the leftover clonex in the shot glass with a little of the RO/tap in the coffee cup, then dip the bottoms of the cubes into this mix for a little moisture and grow juice, then plant into a 2L hempy mix that I have pre moistened with a light nute mix, then spray the inside of the dome and place it on the bottle with the cap on
DSCN10425.JPG

DSCN10464.JPG

OG prior to topping
DSCN10333.JPG

after topping
DSCN10401.JPG

top shot
DSCN10482.JPG

top shot close up
RSCN1055.JPG

PE prior to topping
DSCN10353.JPG

after topping
DSCN10412.JPG

top shot
DSCN10471.JPG

top shot close up, what's up with the big whole in the top of the stalk? I've never seen this before.
RSCN1054.JPG

Veg room after
DSCN10514.JPG

It's a little crowded in here but will work for now.

That's it for now, I hope this all posts, it's so long it may not.

:green_heart:

Happy Growing Everybody

Everything is looking great Sqwheel's. How often are you watering your flowering girls? Mine it seems I need to start watering everyday. They just don't look as perky as your girls do.

The stalks and branches are basically hollow. Kinda surprised you weren't aware of that. It's obviously more noticeable when you make a sharp clean cut on a thicker branch/stalk.

You can pinch it closed if you want to stop anything from entering it. Looks like a good top all the same.

Everything is looking great Sqwheel's. How often are you watering your flowering girls? Mine it seems I need to start watering everyday. They just don't look as perky as your girls do.

Hi HMG,

Thanks for the compliment, I'm trying not to get too excited, they have several weeks to go, but yes, I agree...they're looking good.

water/feed...really good ?? I've been meaning to comment on this because it's so different than the last grow. I've only had to water these every other day, about 8-10 oz ea, and I've lowered the ppms on their nutes vs the last grow...they are smaller plants so this could account for the change, they don't need as much...

I actually have done it this time by feel, if I can stick my finger down into the edge of the 2L and feel moisture, I wait. I lift the pot, if it's really, really lite, I water. I think I kept the last batch too wet, so I've made some adjustments this time around. After a flush, they are heavy for 3 days, but after regular watering they feel dry/lite in 2

I'm really trying harder to listen to the plants, I know that probably sounds weird, but that's how I've done it this time

Back
Top Bottom