Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

I say pick a flowering plant and when that is harvested that ends this journal/thread. If not it could go on indefinitely right? It is perpetual after all. :rolleyes:
Ms Stank and I were talking about starting it with the first seed drop of the new year. We are trying to whittle down the plant count a bit before we start popping new stuff. Maybe in a week or two we will look at the seed stash and try popping something to start off the new journal. Thinking of starting it off with a Master Kush, but I will probably change my mind 20 more times.

Thanks everyone!

Been a busy few days here. Yesterday was no exception. Got to play some more of the real life game I have created in my basement....its called adult tetris. Shit will only fit one way and moving stuff is no different. I spent the day playing it as I moved my 5x5 on the opposite side of the basement in the corner by the 10x10. It was a FREAKING pain in the ass to get all the exercise equipment past the tents and poles as I shift things this way and that way. Got the tent all the way to where I needed it to be and had a path cleared to push it right back into the corner where it will reside when it hit something. After a quick check, I saw Murphy popped his ugly mug into the basement again. Seems the main beem running down the middle of the house is on the low side in the far corner and the freaking 5x5 wouldn't fit its far corner under the beam and the basement ceiling is too low to flip her on her side.....:hmmmm:

What to do? I wasn't going to have wasted 4 hours of adult tetris only to be beaten by a single corner. So I set out on the task of finding my chisel and mini sledge (fun doing this with elbow being jacked up after the fall but having to push it let me know that I don't think its injured, wouldn't have been able to do what I did if it was actually injured) and of course like everything else, that took about 10x longer than it should have. Literally tore through every tool bag I had (which is alot) and found them in the last one, go figure. I chiseled out a gap in the main support beam :eek: and was able to slowly and carefully wedged her under and with about 20 minutes of a centimeter per side, I got her through!

Needless to say I am glad I don't have any cameras around to capture my reaction or neighbors around to hear me, but I let loose! LOL It was one of my finest unfinest moments for sure. Then I realized my mistake..:oops: The sub flooring. So I undid what I just accomplished and wasted 15 minutes by squeezing it back through the gap I chiseled out. Grabbed all the sub flooring and squeezed it through the very small remaining gap while I hop back and forth through the side openings of the tent (being careful not to trip again....lesson learned there let me tell ya). Got the sub flooring set up and then squeezed the 5x5 through one last time (at least for now) and turned her into her final resting spot.

I was too tired to celebrate again. Got all the electrical wired into place and zip tied up nice and tiddy and realized the plants I needed to move into the tent were all in need of watering. Go freaking figure right? Think I finished up around 10pm, got them all in their new tent with a lot more room for them to spread their branches too.

Still have to run the recirculating ducting and set up the big de-humidifier (courtesy of the deal with Vex....thanks again brother) but got most everything done up last night. Today will be up potting the ATF that was flipped yesterday, up potting the two Stankberry girls, taking clones off all three of them and finishing up the ducting. Good times. Feels good to get rolling with the new set up.
Sounds like you're getting everything settled. Pain in the ass with all those tight clearances, but it's gonna be killer when you're done.

From the sounds of it, you had to shave off minimal amounts of the beam to make it fit. Not uncommon at all while building & renovating homes. Down here, we have percentages of how much we can hack into them but still meet code requirements. I put 2"-3.5" holes through beams all the time for plumbing lines.
:thumb:

I'm excited to see all the gas you pull out of the friggin 10X10! :yahoo:
HUGE! That's like an extra bedroom! Bad ass!

:passitleft:

Thinking of starting it off with a Master Kush, but I will probably change my mind 20 more times

You, change yer mind,never

Lol

African Meltdown 1.1 Flip Day 43

We are a bit behind on updates here. Been busy getting the new space in order and dialing in the environment. We are running the Kenmore 35 pint Dehumidifier in the tent now and that seems to be really helping in both the temp and RH departments. The heat it puts out helps with the lower temps and of course the ability to set the RH to a specific value is hella nice too. We have it set to 50% and running cycles of 3 hours on and three hours off. Only draw back is the amount of water it pulls out of the air....wow.

I took these pics yesterday. Still struggling to find a good spot to take pics. We are working on that as well. Gave her rain water yesterday. Her weight is starting to cause more flopping so I gotta break out the bambo stakes here soon.

DTF #4 Flip Day 43

Next up from yesterday's pictures is our DTF that is flowering. Man this girl has been a pleasure to grow. So easy and manageable, so healthy! Gave her more rain water yesterday. Moved her directly under the Perfect Sun Dwarf Star for a couple days. I am kind of rotating the plants so they all get their shot under both spectrums of light. I will keep her there for a few days and then move her back under the Spydrx.

Can't wait to flower out the other two DTF girls. Gonna give #1 a couple more weeks. Not sure about #2 yet...that was the one I was stress testing. She is recovering nicely...but just not sure when I am going to flip her.

Amherst Sour Diesel Flip Day 44

We are bit overdue on the update on this monster girl. She is really starting to add some weight on these colas. Gave her 2 gallons of rain water today and I can tell that her fluid intake is starting to pick up. Had her under the Dwarf Star for a couple days and moved her back under the Spydrx for a few days.

I haven't done any defoliation on her post stretch. I kind of wanted to watch how she progresses naturally through flower. I will start plucking a few leaves here and there this week. Overall she is a very healthy looking girl. I gave her a top dressing of some samples I got from the Harvest Cup. Seems that its a bit on the hot side (at least with my soil) as I see a few burned leaves.

She will start looking better and showing her yield after I start plucking her leaves. She has a lot of 8-10 inch colas on her! Yield is gonna be good! Not bad for an ugly girl vegged for a really long time! Gotta do what you are good at right!

Tangie Ghost Train 1.1 Flip Day 44

A quick update on this wild child. She is all over the tent and tough to keep manageable but doing well. She is fading and eating a lot of her leaves....can't say I surprised with her size. I am picking 20-30 leaves off her a day it seems. Definitely gonna make trimming her a lot easier.

Gave her 1.5 gallons of rain water yesterday. She is chugging it and needing watering every other day. I expect to see a lot of bulking on her over the next 3 weeks. I expect her to go between 65 and 70 days. Lots of frost showing up on her as well. Probably a bit frostier than her mom for sure. Smells are a nice combo of citrus and fuel.

No sir Mr Fert......I was having an issue finding the box with my fans in it and I developed a bit of a fungus gnat issue. So I had a bag of Gnat Gnix laying around so I covered the tops of my soil with a half inch of Gnat Gnix to help get a handle on them bastages. Found the box of fans later the same night I put the Gnat Gnix on top...lol....go figure huh.

Now I have fans blowing all over the big tent.....them bastards are screwed now. Generally if I have my fans blowing, I don't have gnat issues.

Back
Top Bottom