Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

Black Cherry Punch 1.1 Flip Day 19

Ok, stoner moment from last week when I did the flowering updates. I guess I forgot to post this update. I labeled the pictures and never uploaded them.....Opps.

Anyways, shes really on Flip day 24 as of today but I figured I would throw the pics up. She is in a 10 gallon pot and is growing un topped. I decided to try her natural and see the difference in how she grew. She is really looking like a short stocky xmas bush.

She is drinking about a gallon a half of water every 4 days at this point, but I expect it to drop down to every 3 days real soon. No crazy smells from her yet, but I know its coming! I get excited knowing that smell will be in my tent soon! Cheers!

Mmm, BCP! :yummy: Speaking to an earlier post on pain relief, my recent harvest of BCP is the bosses favorite pain Med I've grown to date. It's a little odd that this one is day time meds but the mother is nighttime meds. Probably has to do with when they were harvested and possibly the dry/cure? Mother was hung dry in the tent for 5 days and the 2 clones were dried low and slow which really retained the terpenes. Still has that lovely black cherry ice cream smell when I crack the jars! :yummy:

So are you still going to do that upside down plant expirament?

:passitleft:

Yeah when things clear up a bit from the harvests and the new starts and the soil prep for the outdoor season, its my intention to get with @Preston9mm and have us do our upside down grow. Probably won't happen for me for a bit.

Tangie Ghost Train Harvest Update

Got the Tangie Ghost Train all weighed up. Final numbers were good but not great for what I was hoping for. Solid buds weighed in at 310 and 61 grams of smaller stuff that i will reserve for pressing or bubble hash. So final yield was 371 grams. Her mom was 341 grams grown in the same sized pot, so it was a slight improvement but still not where I was hoping for. That 371 grams comes out to 13 zips.

She got a bit overdried in fridge doing the slow and low. Seems she is about 53% RH. Going to jar it up and keep trying to slowly raise it up to 58%.

So what were the yield numbers like......

Well for yield of gram per gallon...its our best to date at 37.1 grams per gallon of soil

As for the grams per day.....those are going to be down since we vegged her so long in the smaller pots while we were trying to close on the house. She vegged for about 130 and flowered for 78 days for a total of 208 days. That gives us a yield of 1.78 grams per day over that 208 days. The mom in comparison was 2.32 grams per day. Both numbers are near the top of our scale in comparing other strains.

Yeah when things clear up a bit from the harvests and the new starts and the soil prep for the outdoor season, its my intention to get with @Preston9mm and have us do our upside down grow. Probably won't happen for me for a bit.
Yeah man! You know I'm down. I'll be finalizing some plans for this grow once I see some action from these babies. They draggin' their feet right now.

Black Cherry Punch 1.1 Flip Day 19

Ok, stoner moment from last week when I did the flowering updates. I guess I forgot to post this update. I labeled the pictures and never uploaded them.....Opps.

Anyways, shes really on Flip day 24 as of today but I figured I would throw the pics up. She is in a 10 gallon pot and is growing un topped. I decided to try her natural and see the difference in how she grew. She is really looking like a short stocky xmas bush.

She is drinking about a gallon a half of water every 4 days at this point, but I expect it to drop down to every 3 days real soon. No crazy smells from her yet, but I know its coming! I get excited knowing that smell will be in my tent soon! Cheers!

beautifull beatifull plant !!! and the internodes are textbook perfect. shes gonna be a beauty and as soon as the trichs kickoff the smell will come to be :thumb::Namaste:

another masterpiece from your hands @Van Stank

Harvest Update African Meltdown 1.1

Finished up all the weights on the Meltdown. Very happy with what we got off this girl from this grow. Her final weight was 189 grams grown in a 5 gallon pot. Thats my highest yield for a 5 gallon pot to date.

Those numbers equate very well on yield scale. The Yield per Gallon comes out at 37.8 grams per gallon which tops the Tangie, making it the highest yielder per gallon ever.

The yield per day drops a bit. We vegged her for 106 and flowered her 79 for 185 day. That gives us 1.01 grams per day. Thats on the lower side especially when compared to the mom which came in at 1.83 grams per day from seed. I did work at keeping this one smaller for a long part of her veg due to space confinement. Still very pleased with the overall yield in the pot.

I know there are a lot of people that still question why I still consider veg times into my harvest results. But I feel if I don't include that into the equation, it just doesn't paint a clear picture of the yield capacity on strains. Just doesn't seem fair to me to compare a strain that was vegged for 50 days to a strain vegged 130 days if you are simply looking at yield. I have to see it over time to see the whole picture!

I know there are a lot of people that still question why I still consider veg times into my harvest results. But I feel if I don't include that into the equation, it just doesn't paint a clear picture of the yield capacity on strains. Just doesn't seem fair to me to compare a strain that was vegged for 50 days to a strain vegged 130 days if you are simply looking at yield. I have to see it over time to see the whole picture!

I'm in the same conundrum. :hmmmm: Including extended veg times in the grams/day metric skews the data. But the same thing is true if you don't. I tried fudging it - "assuming" a typical veg time of 70 days or so - and that applies for vegging plants that got stalled in veg instead of growing, but that's not a good practice for keeping records. :p

I gotta grow me a Ghost Train Haze one of these daze ... :bongrip:

DTF #4 Harvest Update

Finishing up the weights on this one and she tips the scale at 98 grams. Thats a bit lower than I was hoping for from her but I will not complain. Out of that 98 grams, 18 of it was lost to bud rot on the main cola so I am left with about 80 grams to puff or press. She's really starting to smell dank.....with that funky sour/fuel undertone.

So what do those numbers give us for yield. Been a while since I have done a small girl. 98 grams in 4 gallon pot comes out to 24.5 grams per gallon of soil. She vegged for 66 Days and Flowered for 80 for a total of 146 days. That gives us a .67 gram per day yield

Those numbers give me mixed feelings. The grams per gallon were pretty good for a smaller pot, but the grams per day number was low for us. Only the Nukehead strain I grew was lower in the Grams per Day yield. Ironically her grams per gallon of soil was the 2nd best of all the plants I have grown in 7 gallon pots or smaller. Those others range in the 12.2, 14.4, 15.6, 17.3, 21.25, 21.26 and the best was the Stankberry at 30.6.

The only untopped crops to compare it to is the Nukehead #2 strain which yielded 86 grams in a 7 gallon over 143 days total and Lil Blue which yielded 65 grams in a 3 gallon pot over 82 days (but she was a clone).

Cheers!

Oh my goodness Van you've been busy ! Great work on all counts. Glad you got the light mover up and running. Nothing like the fluence brother. Those buds are solid and tasty! And strong. Did I mention strong?
I'm glad you made it through the hard part of trimming all that beautiful bud. Always a love hate thing with me too. More love I think. Ms otter is fond of northern lights. Where did you get yours and would you buy it again?

My Northern Lights was from Sensi. So far I would rank Sensi as the top performing breeder that I have grown. They don't have the fancy dancy OG and cookie crosses that have saturated the market here in America but so far I have had my best luck from their stuff......and I have an Afghani #1 from them that is small but I am crushing on her hard! Shoot me a text if you want to know more about that Northern Lights.

My Northern Lights was from Sensi. So far I would rank Sensi as the top performing breeder that I have grown. They don't have the fancy dancy OG and cookie crosses that have saturated the market here in America but so far I have had my best luck from their stuff......and I have an Afghani #1 from them that is small but I am crushing on her hard! Shoot me a text if you want to know more about that Northern Lights.
my current shiva skunk is also a sensi product ... i like what you say bout' them cuz i might actually believe you hehe

I am sold on them. Enough so that eventually I will pick up some of their Jack Herer and a couple more of their more expensive strains. Next one from them I will run is their Skunk #1 and then the Super Skunk. Their Northern Lights was great, their Hindu Kush is freaking fantastic and I have high hopes for the Afghani!

I have plans to try both their NL and Hindu in some crosses. Actually, @DonChiefums20 is running one of the crosses we made from the NL right now in his journal along with some incredible looking Stankberry girls for anyone interested in following along. He's got the NL x Harlequin going in solo cups right now.

Back
Top Bottom