Thanks Stoner, you are doing great and worth the read.

I have never grown in hydro, only soilless. I have decided to start a tent for the girlfriend to learn how to grow. I am in Edmonton right now but have a farm in the Okanagan but without enough land to do proper farming so I am looking at alternatives. We are thinking basil as a crop in the spring and fall and then in the middle of summer switch it out to either a Thai basil Or any other crop which can handle the south Okanagan heat in a green house.
But for now, I’m just going to grow my 4 plants and see how far I can push them all in the name of science and learning.

so I did order some seeds before reading about that strain that gives you 29% THC. I ordered green crack because I liked what was said about its growing characteristics. Anyone can step in right now and suggest a better strain for RDWC under LED lights. I am totally open to any and all suggestions.
Also shopping for a PH controller system but have been blown away by the prices. Might just build my own. Girlfriend and I have jobs that can keep us away from home for long periods and want to be able to check on things or have alarm messages sent to a smart phone. But that all takes money and I’m in for $5000 already and haven’t even flipped a switch.

Will be putting in the rubber connector with hose clamps right off the bat, good idea.

Gordon

Hydro is just so much fun in its own way, by soilless do you mean like coco or promix hp? I know both of those places well I love to vacation in the Okanagan valley namely Penticton but sadly it is on fire now.

Why do you plan on growing basil in the greenhouse as well just curious? But I would recommend just grow the beans you got especially to get some return before continuing to build more.

When you say you may build the ph controller, do you mean like build it with an Arduino and peristaltic pumps and code it all yourself? Store bought ones are crazy expensive

Basil because I am an actual farmer haha. I only have limited acres so need to do something which is crop intensive. Would love to do a legal grow of more than 4 plants but could see that being a paperwork nightmare.
As for the controller, yes it would probBly be arduino based. Almost fictional prices they want for a simple ph controller. I see how much you have to be hands on with ph shifts and just figure it would be for the best to just have a computer monitor that for me. Question, are your ph issues normally in one direction?

I love that you are an actual farmer we have a lot of plants around here it is almost like a in city no animal farm, I can imagine it being a problem having a full farm of trees I have a license to grow up to 14 plants and it would increase if I tried to get my prescription grams/day increased.

I was looking into the Arduino and fully controlled setup but I get so tired trying to write and test code and have never actually done the Arduino bit and wifi data stuff myself so I bought what I did. Sadly my pH decides to do its own thing and will sometimes go down for 2-3 days then start to drift up for the rest of the week, for this reason I am glad I did not get the ph adjusting monitor as it only does one way at a time. If you can setup a system yourself I would be extremely interested and I think I have access to coding software if it helps

Well. I’m working a night shift on a turn around and it’s near the end. Just sitting here waiting for work. Amazon is an evil thing! I just bought the bluelab connect just like yours. A few days ago I bought a climate controller
0A80D9D1-DAF4-4498-A152-A81FF93D72A1.jpeg

I want to do the control system but I know myself way too well and know it would take me forever to do it. So I just broke down and bought them. I will play with the idea in the future.

14 plants could make it almost feasible. A friend of mine is going to grow for her aunt who has a licence, I wonder if that would be an easier route.

Well. I’m working a night shift on a turn around and it’s near the end. Just sitting here waiting for work. Amazon is an evil thing! I just bought the bluelab connect just like yours. A few days ago I bought a climate controller
0A80D9D1-DAF4-4498-A152-A81FF93D72A1.jpeg

I want to do the control system but I know myself way too well and know it would take me forever to do it. So I just broke down and bought them. I will play with the idea in the future.

14 plants could make it almost feasible. A friend of mine is going to grow for her aunt who has a licence, I wonder if that would be an easier route.
With the connect make sure you get the connect stick usb thing as well (stupid money grab lol make it transfer right to the computer ). That is why I did not pursue the making of something and if I want it later to automate a full rdwc system that will be something I can build/add. I am going to look at that environment controller it looks really cool let me know how it works.

you can technically be asked to grow for someone else with a prescription but that person has to ask you and do a bunch of paper work. Look into getting a prescription and a ACMPR license.

Ohh I totally missed my point of the last post.
I’m almost ready to lose my s$&t at the price of bulkheads. Any help on sourcing them at a decent price would be appreciated.
So I used the Uniseals and payed $8 each but had to buy 10 at once off amazon, then I filled with aquarium silicon

OMFG good thing i'm laying down cause the price of that enviro controller nearly had me drop. So I use these inkbird hygrometer and thermometer, no day/night values but it was like $110 all in and they have never looked better then when I seen that price :rofl:

damn that tent looks amazing! I actually just got some blue dream and blue rhino seeds not to long ago I’m going to run next cycle. What breeder is yours from, what macro/micro nutrients she likes the most and did you notice any deficiencies in anything throughout your grow?

So I have done the week 2 res change the exact same as last week with 60ml of all supplements and 90ml each bloom a and b. This time the ppm was like 1200 instead of 950 just by adding the pk booster, I added a bunch of my tea that is at like 36 hr instead of 48 and some RO and it is at 1100ppm. I am going to watch it over 2 days and add plain water if it goes up but I don't expect it to burn as the only change is more pk and the ladies should enjoy that. The pH is at 5.6 and I am just going to watch it for now as it is definitely making the calcium more available right now and they are fresh ph perfect nutes, if anything like other weeks it will be back in range without any buffers by tonight.

So while the control res was empty I always give it a bit of a clean up but this time I wiped down the full bucket again, then I started wiping the pumps... popped one of the ends off and seen they were desperate for a thorough clean. I ended up taking both pumps out, taking off all intake ends and even removed the impeller from the shaft and cleaned the whole inner pump assembly. I was surprised how easy even the cheapest pump was to take apart no tools it all just pops apart, more surprising was the amount of crud that came out (might try ordering the pump filter bags).

damn that tent looks amazing! I actually just got some blue dream and blue rhino seeds not to long ago I’m going to run next cycle. What breeder is yours from, what macro/micro nutrients she likes the most and did you notice any deficiencies in anything throughout your grow?
:thanks: the breeder is Canuk Seeds and it was an "elite strain", umm I have given weekly calmag at 60% aprox and then nothing special just used the last of my fox farms 3 part while they were in veg and now they are on AN ph perfect sensi bloom. I have not had one deficiency on the blue dream and it has truly been a dream right from day 1. I even took a bunch of clones as she was a stunning plant

Garden is looking ace Stoner. Going to be a full tent!
Thanks so much, I agree hopefully I can keep moisture in check

So if anyone takes their water pump apart to clean it make sure it works after :rofl: they were both jammed, as soon as I took off the end cap they started working. I noticed because my temp was starting to climb which it never does and went to check that water was going through the cooler, it was not. Next time I will plug them in while assembling after cleaning to make sure the impeller still rotates :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom