Stunger's Organic Balcony: Growing Daughters Of Mulanje: Watering Via Root Aeration Chambers

Media love a natural disaster.

Media: Stay inside. Be safe. Don’t take chances. Don’t become the emergency.
Also the Media:

42AB2F4B-F322-483B-BA3E-E0912D1C2D38.jpeg

Good luck Stunger, it's like being in a bloody washing machine up here.
Thanks Joe! it was certainly a bit rough over night.
Nothing is scarier than a Tropical Storm 🌀, I went through several living in Florida. Good luck, hunker down and ride it out is all you can do. CL🍀
Cheers CL! In my 20's, myself and a mate bought an old yacht that had been beached on a sand bar at Sarasota Florida, we de-barnacled her, repainted her hull and straightened her rudder out and then set off to cross the Atlantic. Half way to Bermuda, Tropical Storm Anna passed right over us, for a while we had a circle of clear blue sky above us and it was so calm we could have put napkins out and they would not blow off, of course the waves didn't stop and when the eye of the storm passed us by the wind came back at full force, many times in the night the whole boat would fall off waves and drop thru the air to land with a worrying crunch. It is better to be on land for these events!
Thanks Otter!
Media love a natural disaster.

Media: Stay inside. Be safe. Don’t take chances. Don’t become the emergency.
Also the Media:
Cheers Tra. I think for our location, the rain is mostly gone, but winds today at the city are up to 130kph so it'll still pretty blowy.

My plants seem mostly alright, a bit fluffed up like a woman who has blowed dried her hair without a brush.

Glad you and the family did alright overnight- that had to be scary as hell!
My plants seem mostly alright, a bit fluffed up
It seems it only makes them stronger...those ladies have seen some serious wind in their short lives.!

I hope you're on the tail end of all that by now. :nervous-guy:
In my 20's, myself and a mate bought an old yacht that had been beached on a sand bar at Sarasota Florida, we de-barnacled her, repainted her hull and straightened her rudder out and then set off to cross the Atlantic. Half way to Bermuda, Tropical Storm Anna passed right over us, for a while we had a circle of clear blue sky above us and it was so calm we could have put napkins out and they would not blow off, of course the waves didn't stop and when the eye of the storm passed us by the wind came back at full force, many times in the night the whole boat would fall off waves and drop thru the air to land with a worrying crunch.
Who'd have believed you lived to tell that story! :welldone: and did you make it to Bermuda?

Thanks Joe! it was certainly a bit rough over night.

Cheers CL! In my 20's, myself and a mate bought an old yacht that had been beached on a sand bar at Sarasota Florida, we de-barnacled her, repainted her hull and straightened her rudder out and then set off to cross the Atlantic. Half way to Bermuda, Tropical Storm Anna passed right over us, for a while we had a circle of clear blue sky above us and it was so calm we could have put napkins out and they would not blow off, of course the waves didn't stop and when the eye of the storm passed us by the wind came back at full force, many times in the night the whole boat would fall off waves and drop thru the air to land with a worrying crunch. It is better to be on land for these events!

Thanks Otter!

Cheers Tra. I think for our location, the rain is mostly gone, but winds today at the city are up to 130kph so it'll still pretty blowy.

My plants seem mostly alright, a bit fluffed up like a woman who has blowed dried her hair without a brush.
Wow! I can’t imagine what you went thru. A good friend of mine had a 25’ Cabin Cruiser and we were about 30 miles out in the Gulf n hit bad weather. Forecast was for calm seas but it turned to 8-9’ . Every time we crossed one it felt like the hull would be crushed. I literally kissed the ground when we made land. CL🍀

Glad you and the family did alright overnight- that had to be scary as hell!
Thanks Carcass! For us, just lots of blown mess around, and we still have power so we've been lucky compared to others.
It seems it only makes them stronger...those ladies have seen some serious wind in their short lives.!
I think so.
I hope you're on the tail end of all that by now. :nervous-guy:
Cheers Shed! I think most of the rain has gone, but still winds up to 130kph for today, so a bit blustery out there.
Who'd have believed you lived to tell that story! :welldone: and did you make it to Bermuda?
I was on the helm harnessed to the jack lines we'd put in, my mate was throwing up his stomach lining in the cabin. The storm was coming from Bermuda direction and the waves got so steep I feared we were going to get somersaulted end over end because we were heading into it and it was just getting bigger and bigger. Our boat was nearly 40 feet long and the average wave fronts had a boat length in front of us and boat length behind, so about 120 foot from trough to crest, but when they temporarily crossed one another they became monsters where the tops would fall off them, I guess they were the ones that we would fall off, it felt like we were falling 10 - 20 feet thru the air. We got knocked down when I turned her 180 degrees but there was no real choice as the waves were getting bigger all the time, luckily she popped up, and we went with the storm past some oil platforms to Savannah Georgia where I think it was called the Thunderbolt Marina, they were quite surprised to see us arrive in that weather, when I used their bathroom I noticed my hair was grey with salt and completely dried horizontal to my left, no wonder they were staring. We stayed at the marina for about 5 days then took 8 days to reach for Bermuda, stayed about a week as it was a lovely place, then onto The Azores after 17 days, then Spain, then across the Channel to Falmouth Cornwell England, where we sold the boat. We made a small profit on it but it was the adventure was all we were after at the time. Youngsters eh.
Wow! I can’t imagine what you went thru. A good friend of mine had a 25’ Cabin Cruiser and we were about 30 miles out in the Gulf n hit bad weather. Forecast was for calm seas but it turned to 8-9’ . Every time we crossed one it felt like the hull would be crushed. I literally kissed the ground when we made land. CL🍀
Thanks CL! Funnily enough, several year later I was taking a ferry crossing across the Red Sea to Sinai , the boat must have been quite flat bottomed at it was pitching and rolling all over the place. Everyone was vomiting, I was about to as well when the thought came to me that I'd seen much worse than this, and it was like in the space of 5 seconds my stomach became like concrete, and I then went and ordered some French fries and fried eggs, which as I ate it would set off another round of vomiting amongst the other passengers who had their plastic bags to their mouths repulsed that someone was happily eating. Funny that.

That truly is an amazing adventure! I know what eating a sandwich can do to others on a rolling boat! I've been one of two on a fishing charter out of Maine that could hold down food, where every other person was either puking or in the cabin wishing for the end! Two 5 gal buckets of fillet of cod and cusk I caught that day while the others wished I was dead done!
What's your country of origination? You got around!

That truly is an amazing adventure! I know what eating a sandwich can do to others on a rolling boat! I've been one of two on a fishing charter out of Maine that could hold down food, where every other person was either puking or in the cabin wishing for the end! Two 5 gal buckets of fillet of cod and cusk I caught that day while the others wished I was dead done!
What's your country of origination? You got around!
Cheers Otter, I am from New Zealand. I backpacked as a youngster to Sydney Australia at 19 years old, worked on a fishing trawler there for a bit. Studied computing then worked in UK for a decade with a few backpacking trips on the way!

Omg what a great story!

What an adventurous life you’ve lead! I know you’ve settled in NZ. My first ever overseas trip btw. I think I was 36 lol. I am soooOoo not well traveled. Are you an actual sheep shagger kiwi or a ring in?

Omg what a great story!

What an adventurous life you’ve lead! I know you’ve settled in NZ. My first ever overseas trip btw. I think I was 36 lol. I am soooOoo not well traveled. Are you an actual sheep shagger kiwi or a ring in?
You cheeky sheila! Yes I was born here. I took off at 19 and came back at 39.

You cheeky sheila! Yes I was born here. I took off at 19 and came back at 39.
You have an amazing country.

We landed in Dunedin and drove a hire car to Queenstown. It was such an adventure for me. I have a pic of me at Milford Sound which is one of the few pics I have of me that I like. It was literally one of the best days I’ve ever had in my whole life.

Every where you look there is beauty.

You have an amazing country.

We landed in Dunedin and drove a hire car to Queenstown. It was such an adventure for me. I have a pic of me at Milford Sound which is one of the few pics I have of me that I like. It was literally one of the best days I’ve ever had in my whole life.

Every where you look there is beauty.
Thanks Tra, there is a lot of natural beauty here and it sits in a fairly nice temperate zone.
The girls are looking great with nice lush growth. Good to see they survived the nasty storm.
Cheers Zeb, but I haven't posted an update since before the cyclone as on my last update I gave them a top dressing with the idea of letting the coming cyclone rainfall water it in. I was going to wait a week to post to show any difference. I might post something up in the next couple of days. Thankfully we have had some nice sunshine after a real lack of it. Hope your own garden is good.
Pity it didn't wash em away!
Yeah true Porky, I feel similar about a lot of the media, sellouts.

Thanks Tra, there is a lot of natural beauty here and it sits in a fairly nice temperate zone.

Cheers Zeb, but I haven't posted an update since before the cyclone as on my last update I gave them a top dressing with the idea of letting the coming cyclone rainfall water it in. I was going to wait a week to post to show any difference. I might post something up in the next couple of days. Thankfully we have had some nice sunshine after a real lack of it. Hope your own garden is good.

With the low centre of gravity I can’t imagine your girls would have a problem. My garden is going nicely. Just no more rain and damn wind. The rope tied around my girls worked treat to give them some stability.

With the low centre of gravity I can’t imagine your girls would have a problem. My garden is going nicely. Just no more rain and damn wind. The rope tied around my girls worked a treat to give them some stability.

Back
Top Bottom