SweetSue's Perpetual 3.0 - The Hempy/HB Hybrid Grow

And you were doing so well

<SMILES> Found myself feeling slightly better after posting that - so consider it merely being a witness to my therapy, if you like (if it helps).

Or maybe it was my recalling the driver of the truck saying that I was funnier than a couple of strippers wrestling with three midgets.

Take your pick. I'll take whatever I find.

TS, tomorrow is another day

<SIGHS> I know. 'tis a shame, but I cannot seem to forget that fact long enough to find peace in today.

LIFE - doing hard time for a crime that I haven't even decided whether or not to commit yet.

Green days anyway.

If it doesn't rain tomorrow...
If I make it out of bed within a half hour of waking...
If I can make it down the steps to pee (before I pee ;) ) ...
If I can raise an arm over my head - and raise both arms...

Maybe it'll be enough.

If aged Mother hasn't died,
If long-haired cat hasn't fried(*),
If pleasant lover hasn't lied,
My rebel guts aren't too tied...

Maybe it'll be enough.

Let's face it - the Pepsi and Coca Cola life is utterly beyond me. Top of the world? Not happening. Second - but still eviable? Ha! But... How about that?

Leap for the heavens, if you like. Me, I've learned - the fall is so brutal. Perhaps it's enough. If I cannot live, mayhap I'll at least survive. Keep your Pepsi, and I'll pass on the Coke. Give me an RC - and the RC life. The best? Hardly. Most popular? <LAUGHS>

Me and my RC. It's... good enough.

For everyone? <SHRUGS> For me.

Tomorrow?

<SHUDDERS> Hard time, my friend, hard time. . . .

(*)Likes to sleep on the kitchen stove, that one.

2'x4' Veg area: 240 Watt Quantum Board Fixture (4000K)

Flowering area #1: 200 Watt Cree CXB3590 (4) COB Fixture (3500K)

Flowering area #2: 240 Watt Quantum Board Fixture (3000K)

Flowering area #3: Philips Luxeon Light - (TBD * in production)

Autos area: 200 Watt Vero29 (2) COB Fixture (3500K)

Small grow shelf (early veg) -- 120 Watt Quantum Board (5000K) (* in production)”

Wow - when you look at it laid out like that it really looks like an excellent set up. You’ve evolved an awesome production house over the last few years! Add in that new cutting edge QB and :slide:

So happy for you, and for all of us too
:popcorn::battingeyelashes:

The irony is that no one ever gets the beads pheno - just the usual habit.

I'll admit it looks cool. But it probably looks far more cool to people who haven't even grown "the usual" sativa types. Staggeringly large internodal length, sativa flowering period, more of a train wreck than "Train Wreck," lol... For a result that's good, of course - but not Golden Fleece good. And one could probably do a SCROG grow of it without a screen, just a bunch of hooks along the walls that the grower trains the plant back and forth on until the grow looks like a living cat's cradle.

If I had seeds, I'd grow a plant or two. But I really don't think I'd put a great deal of effort into doing so. And I'd probably find it really useful to have a small space just for that in case it shimmed on me. IF it didn't, it might end up as 50% of a few (non-perpetuating) seed production crossings, just so I could see what I came up with. Maybe partnered with something from Central/South America or Africa. Probably the latter, lol, something that came from a region lacking both nutritive soil and regular precipitation - so that I could actually feel like I was supposed to ignore it and treat it badly :rofl: .

Another great Thai/Mex/Lumbo strain is Destroyer by Cannabiogen.

Had a chance at some free Destroyer seeds once, but I turned them down for some reason or other. Probably a full closet and sufficient(???) seed stock on hand at the time, IDK. I just went back and refreshed my memory by reading the breeder's description. Now I'm kind of kicking myself for turning them down.

Ah, well. Now that I have realized that my entire stock hasn't somehow become non-viable after all (IDK what was going on before), I... suppose (lol) that I have a sufficient seed stock on hand now. I could wish for more seeds per strain - but that strikes me as being comparable to wishing one has a full belly when he is not actually starving to begin with.

And THAT line of thought has me wondering just how many strains and crossings I do have in my possession. I should probably update my list so that I actually know. Maybe the next time I see that someone has posted a "What strains are in YOUR personal catalog?" type thread, it'll provide enough motivation for me to do exactly that.

He said it'll use the new Luxeon 1825 LEDs

Aren't those by Epileds? I stopped paying much attention to that company after reading that they'd had to resort to ripping off Epistar's IP, lol. So I'll be interested in seeing what you can do with a bit of kit that contains their parts (especially if those parts are actually... theirs). We've all seen that you can grow decent plants (and I know you can produce decent bud ;) ) - so if you aren't able to accomplish with that light, well... We know the weakness won't be YOU.

Every time I turn around, it seems like you've stepped up your game another notch. I hope this will be another such step. You are certainly deserving.

You never cease to surprise me.

As long as it's least occasionally... in a good way.

Sorry to hear about your day but I seriously had to laugh when you said it started raining.

No worries - no lawnmowers were harmed during...

I was hoping a few of you would see the humor in the events and, perhaps, have a chuckle. Helps to find value in things, you know?

Oh, yeah, and that rain? Like 420 cows all peeing on the same flat rock - for about 25 minutes :rolleyes: . Just enough to leave puddles everywhere, peg the RH - I'm hoping that's why the pain in my shoulder is now extending halfway down my forearm and feeling vaguely like there's a broken bone in the limb somewhere - and thoroughly soak my yard. Soon after it stopped, there was so much fog rising from the road that it looked like it could almost have been sentient.

Anyone got a quarter-acre of Astroturf they're looking to dispose of?

When I use cannabis it's never to simply catch a buzz. :rofl: I start with a singular intention of getting as far above the atmosphere as possible....this time. Then I do it all over again at least two or,three more times before my body says "Go to bed woman!"

Am I really uncommon? Somehow I don't think I am in this community, but out in the so-called real world there are strong pressures to stifle this level of euphoric experience.

IDK. I've known several women who were looking to get higher than high, to never come down. I'm thankful that you have found cannabis' effect to be sufficient. One of them looks your age (but I've got 12 years on her), I think two are still in jail, one is buried, and one may never be judged mentally competent and allowed to leave... medical confinement again (although it must be stated that her drug use was not the source of her difficulties - and might have contributed to her still having a pulse now, IDK).

I've not paid a great deal of attention to the guys I've known, primarily because I didn't end up being the one to pick up the pieces where they were concerned - but I suspect much the same for those whose appetites continued to grow.

I am SO GLAD that you have an "off" button, and are not one of the people I've known who, after partying with no sleep for five or six days, is trying to extend even that.

I'm not the only person I know who works best with free access to cannabis.

I wouldn't offer Usain Bolt an indica blunt minutes before one of his races - but, yes. Strain choice is everything.

I can think of a few things that, if they were legalized, use would skyrocket. Cannabis? A (relative) few new converts, sure. But I cannot really envision a huge jump in consumption - because I've always assumed that MANY more people have already been quietly(?lol?) using it all along than all the surveys/etc. have inferred.

I honestly couldn't begin to speculate whether or not - in general, across the board - cannabis use increases performance. But I figure lots and lots of people are using it (and really always have been).

consuming any THC isn't an option, without the likelihood of being swiftly unemployed at the next round of testing. Many are now afraid to start taking CBD for fear the testing will begin to look for that cannabinoid.

There's a lot of money being made in testing. I anticipate a fight to the bitter end.

I've wondered if... I know that some companies that manufactured RADAR guns also manufactured RADAR detectors. Do you suppose it's actually the same with those "fool a drug test" products?

Every wonder what'd happen if one day everyone in America went to work with some form of cannabis in their system so they'd all test positive? Lol!

I was thinking just today that, since the tests actually look for the metabolites... That it'd be possible to spike water coolers and coffee pots across the globe with none the wiser - until the test results started rolling in, LMFAO.

91 yr-old

91?!?!?!? I hope you were able to include a bud or two, too. If someone of that age asked me for... well, ANY drug - and it was within my power to give it to them - I'd happily do so. Life being a terminal condition and all, I'd treat the situation like any other terminal... illness and hand it over with a smile, saying, "You've already beaten the odds. Enjoy whatever time you have left as you see fit." If Mom's attitude had ever loosened up, I don't think I'd have ever stopped growing.

I was thinking just today that, since the tests actually look for the metabolites... That it'd be possible to spike water coolers and coffee pots across the globe with none the wiser - until the test results started rolling in, LMFAO.

Now that's a plan I could get onboard with. :rofl:

Now that's a plan I could get onboard with. :rofl:

Seriously. I could see two ways to go. Either find a way to do it on a massive scale and not say a single word about it - or do so and drop anonymous announcements EVERYWHERE. Just think, lol, for at least a little while...

...drug-testing would be useless!

Hey Sue, guess you been busy and such... Looks like you are kinda in the same stall that I am... All built up, and waiting for our finish work LOL... Ehhh Still a beautiful day.... I posted some pics on Amys Lounge thread that might be to your liking... All that said I have been directing a couple of newer members I have found just wandering the halls around here, to you and Newty about Autos... You know when to top, when to trim ( NEWTY's favorite subject recently LOL) and other little issues on what seem to be really healthy plants... Green Days ms. BUSY all the sudden.... LOL and to all

I agree the topicals are a great topic to start with for most wary of cannabis. And it's easily one of the most effective ways to treat pain locally.

Night sue
Little puff?
:passitleft::cough:

Mornin’ Dabber. Don’t mind if I do.

:passitleft:

How do you not love the way these plants bounce back?

The last communication I had with him he shared the list:

”We built the following lights for the areas you mentioned:

2'x4' Veg area: 240 Watt Quantum Board Fixture (4000K)

Flowering area #1: 200 Watt Cree CXB3590 (4) COB Fixture (3500K)

Flowering area #2: 240 Watt Quantum Board Fixture (3000K)

Flowering area #3: Philips Luxeon Light - (TBD * in production)

Autos area: 200 Watt Vero29 (2) COB Fixture (3500K)

Small grow shelf (early veg) -- 120 Watt Quantum Board (5000K) (* in production)”

I’m patiently waiting for the tracking information. As soon as they arrive I’ll start the next volume of the perpetual.

I’ve been meaning to tell you how much I appreciate your generosity. I’m going to be experimenting with small-batch high CBD oils, to amp up the healing potential of the daily meds, and you, kind sir, made that possible. :hug:

Those lights look fantastic Sue
Can't wait to see them in action

You deserve all of it, you bring a lot of joy and help to many

High SweetSue,

Looking good there, girl! Bouncing back nicely with lots of green. I'm glad your life is so exciting. It warms my insides to hear (read) about your endeavors. Thank you.:hug::hug::hug:

Sue - please tell me about the Blue Dreams that you have grown. I have had few folks round here warn folk off them because they’re prone to throwing nanners... have you had that issue? Was it an issue?

I only grow one plant at a time indoors so I’d not be worried about it seeding anyone else - plus, I’ve read others say that nanners are often sterile ... so I’m not sure it’d be an issue anyway. Just got this CD-1 seeds vying for my attention. But I’ve had my heart set on having some BD bud ready for Christmas! Decisions!

Great afternoon to you Sue! (See, this time I checked my international clock first, to what time you were...)

:Namaste:

Sue - please tell me about the Blue Dreams that you have grown. I have had few folks round here warn folk off them because they’re prone to throwing nanners... have you had that issue? Was it an issue?

I only grow one plant at a time indoors so I’d not be worried about it seeding anyone else - plus, I’ve read others say that nanners are often sterile ... so I’m not sure it’d be an issue anyway. Just got this CD-1 seeds vying for my attention. But I’ve had my heart set on having some BD bud ready for Christmas! Decisions!

Great afternoon to you Sue! (See, this time I checked my international clock first, to what time you were...)

Good afternoon Amy. :hug: I had no problem with MagicJim’s seeds, and I wouldn’t anticipate any problems on your end. There are many reasons a plant throws out nanners, and weak genetics is one of the biggest factors. Your friends may have been the recipients of compromised parentage.

I have no problem with nanners showing up late in the cycle, but my plants are all isolated into small groups.

Good afternoon Amy. :hug: I had no problem with MagicJim’s seeds, and I wouldn’t anticipate any problems on your end. There are many reasons a plant throws out nanners, and weak genetics is one of the biggest factors. Your friends may have been the recipients of compromised parentage.

I have no problem with nanners showing up late in the cycle, but my plants are all isolated into small groups.
Thanks - yeah it’s a few folk round here that mentioned it and I don’t know what seed source was. So it’s good to hear you’ve never had one with MJ’s seeds. I’ve never had an issue with a few nanners on a girl anyway :battingeyelashes: ... and Blue Dream for Christmas really does sound like the ticket!

I have a love/hate relationship with BD. I love the bud, but the plants seem much more prone to spider mite action than my other ladies. I've done quite a few rounds of them. Each time they're the first to show mites.
One would imagine this wouldn't be a problem in a clean garden.... but being a lazy gardener does have drawbacks.

I have a love/hate relationship with BD. I love the bud, but the plants seem much more prone to spider mite action than my other ladies. I've done quite a few rounds of them. Each time they're the first to show mites.
One would imagine this wouldn't be a problem in a clean garden.... but being a lazy gardener does have drawbacks.

Well, if you've got mites anyway, lol... Canary in a coal mine ;) .

Sue - earlier this year you posted about the new mars tent being a step up in terms of light leak out/in the zipper and other things. Are you still happy with it? And which model do you have?

I’m deciding that building my little light is enough to manage and I don’t need the project of making my tiny closet light proof breaking my spirit, so I’m going to get a tent.

So anyone got tips on tent hunting?im currently tossing up about a mars or whether I spend a bit more for a gorilla... they look really nice... (needs to be 2x2’ and 5’ or more, 6’ is better - just in case anyone has one lying about!).

Haha! It really does feel like that, and it’s not the cells in the nails that are screaming for air, it’s the ones under the protective, but I’m certain somewhat permeable shield of the nail structure.

I can’t wear nail polish on my hands or makeup for the same reason. Other than feeling fake I feel like my cells can’t breathe. It’s saved me the hassle of learning to use makeup or the obsession of putting on a pretty face to leave the house.

I’ve always been a “what you see is what you get” kinda gal.

I had a lovely visit with Scottay, his lovely wife and charming brother today. Rather than have me ship the light they opted for a Saturday drive and an afternoon visit. I’m so glad they did.

After they got back on the road I went back to the business of getting the garden under control. I’m pretty sure the DDAs haven’t been invaded by any thrips yet and I wanted to take steps to keep it that way.

How better to do so than to isolate them from the rest? Time to break out the CFLs while I await the light that will hang over this spot.

The weights are to keep the reflector level

Now the girls can be safe and acclimate themselves to the space. I expect the lights to start shipping next week.

The move allowed me to play a little canna Tetris and rearrange the veg shelf.

I also took the time to clone Royal Gorilla after her morning trim. I suddenly have a multitude of cuttings taking root. If I learn nothing else this year it’ll be to control clones. I keep trying to channel the Klone King. Sooner or later I’ll catch it and it’ll be smooth sailing from there.

That is great..... glad you guys got to spend some time together!!!
. :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom