TeSmp's 5 Gallon DWC + 2L DWC-H's + 2L Hempy + 2L Soil

re: TeSmp's 5 Gallon DWC + 2L DWC-H's + 2L Hempy + 2L Soil

If gnats then some oxygenated water should kill them..... I don't know what to do if they are root aphids.. sorry man.. good luck with the pest control though..

Thanks! I can't seem to find the pest guide on here so I don't know what they are!

Diatomaceous Earth is my answer... top dress the soil with DE and hang no pest strips for the fliers.

Awesome you are the second person that has suggested that to me tonight! Can I get it at the local hydro store only online? I already got the yellow paper in there. +rep for both of you that made suggestions :)

Awesome you are the second person that has suggested that to me tonight! Can I get it at the local hydro store only online? I already got the yellow paper in there. +rep for both of you that made suggestions :)

What is DE all about?

Thanks again bro, napa it is! Saves me from going into the hydro stores, for some reason I don't like them to much.

If it works out for you or not relate your experience back to the thread... Glad to help where I can

If it works out for you or not relate your experience back to the thread... Glad to help where I can

Of course of course :)

yes please report back.. :)

Yessir, I got the diatomaceous earth and put a layer around the base of every plant. And since the giesel was the only one that was infected I put a good layer and mixed it in with the top layer of the soil. I put a yellow sticky trap right next to it for any flyers. You will know tonight and tomorrow and whenever I get to my final conclusion!

BTW I picked up 25 pounds for 7 bucks at napa.

All of these are 8 days flower except for the Giesel witch is 30 days. Side-by-Side photos are taken 4 days apart.

White Widow DWC-H - (looking better and starting to stretch, bushy at the bottom):

WW_1.png

IMG_105210.jpg

Purple Kush - Hempy - FIM (FIM is really starting to come in):

PK_2.png

Purple Kush - DWC-H (best looking clone):

PK_1.png

IMG_105111.jpg

Giesel - Soil/Perlite (getting fat):

IMG_10479.jpg

WW - DWC - Topped - (Lots of roots, just starting to stretch and top is coming in):

IMG_10499.jpg

IMG_10545.jpg

Wow this is way to difficult to get pictures on here.

For Everyone's Information: The only way I could get pictures to load on to here was to go to my photo's in my gallery, right click on the large image, select view image, copy the URL from the address bar, come back to my thread adn select the insert image button, paste the URL, repeat for every picture you want to post. I hope this gets fixed really soon or I could see a lot of people stop posting pictures

Edit: I dug through the top of the soil and don't see a single bug so they're either dead or dug down for cover?

I ordered some one inch air stones for the 2L DWC's. I have the pump, airline, and for a dollar a piece I figure why not it could only help.

Well, if its as good as it looks, then I'm sure you'll enjoy it!!

edit: WTF, I could've sworn I was replying in your other journal, to the thing about trying out the WW again.

hi mate, sorry to here about the bugs, hope you get it all sorted, how long does it take for a plant to start showing sings of sex, ive got my big bud#2 and norther lights x big bud fem, in flower its only been 3 days but not sure how long till they show sex, if i have males id like to get rid of them quick and put an auto into soak and get that going,
ive noticed loads of difference after using bpn, the leaves feel and look better, the plant seems a brighter colour, alls looking well after using bpn, even the newly sprouted seeds i used the bpn on at full strength have took it well, and after 3 weeks even my dormant auto has finally started to grow but only very slow and leaves are tiny, but at least its picked up cuz i was going to give it the chop and soak another auto,

Well, if its as good as it looks, then I'm sure you'll enjoy it!!

edit: WTF, I could've sworn I was replying in your other journal, to the thing about trying out the WW again.

Lol it's all good I still got the message! It was pretty strong stuff my gf was ridiculously high, like not even exaggerating a little! Taste was good and smooth. Smelled a little like grass though because it dried to quickly.

hi mate, sorry to here about the bugs, hope you get it all sorted, how long does it take for a plant to start showing sings of sex, ive got my big bud#2 and norther lights x big bud fem, in flower its only been 3 days but not sure how long till they show sex, if i have males id like to get rid of them quick and put an auto into soak and get that going,
ive noticed loads of difference after using bpn, the leaves feel and look better, the plant seems a brighter colour, alls looking well after using bpn, even the newly sprouted seeds i used the bpn on at full strength have took it well, and after 3 weeks even my dormant auto has finally started to grow but only very slow and leaves are tiny, but at least its picked up cuz i was going to give it the chop and soak another auto,

Yup I think we're on our way to getting the bugs figured out. That stuff I bought seems to be some potent shit for bugs, shreds there exoskeleton off of them and leaves them to dehydrate from the internal fluids leaking. Glad the BPN is helping! You should know sex one to two weeks into flower. Either you will start seeing pistils or you will see little sacs.

sounds like the bugs are having a bad few days then mate, serves them right, teach them what happens when they invade the wrong territory, bpn rocks mate, the plants loving it, even the newly sprouted seeds loving it, im using only 2700 k bulbs in the flower room, should i add any 6500k bulbs in their as well, ive got several 20watt and i picked up 3 x 30watt 2700k cfls that are really big so they have plenty of light in their, just not sure whether i should add any 6500k bulbs in their as well, i got the flower room and 2 veg rooms =, 1 veg room is floor to ceiling high and the other is a small long cupboard with about 1ft of height so just vegging the newly sprouted seeds and my poorly auto in their at the moment, i was getting concerned about balancing plants on video cases and pots, to raise the plants up closer to the lights, so ive made another smaller cupboard where i can have the lights as close to the plants without worrying about knocking them over, so i think for now this is a safer option,

sounds like the bugs are having a bad few days then mate, serves them right, teach them what happens when they invade the wrong territory, bpn rocks mate, the plants loving it, even the newly sprouted seeds loving it, im using only 2700 k bulbs in the flower room, should i add any 6500k bulbs in their as well, ive got several 20watt and i picked up 3 x 30watt 2700k cfls that are really big so they have plenty of light in their, just not sure whether i should add any 6500k bulbs in their as well, i got the flower room and 2 veg rooms =, 1 veg room is floor to ceiling high and the other is a small long cupboard with about 1ft of height so just vegging the newly sprouted seeds and my poorly auto in their at the moment, i was getting concerned about balancing plants on video cases and pots, to raise the plants up closer to the lights, so ive made another smaller cupboard where i can have the lights as close to the plants without worrying about knocking them over, so i think for now this is a safer option,

Sweet sounds like your getting quite the set up! I wish I had more room then my tent but I can't take up everyone's living space lol. New veg room or bed??? Hmm lol. It's up to you if you add a mixed light spectrum some people swear by it and some people don't bother. If you think about most HPS or MH bulbs they are just one spectrum and do great so not really sure what is best!

Mixed spectrum is supposed to be great from what I've heard. Some use it all the way through the grow. Others swap their HPS for a MH the last 2 weeks of flowering to increase resin production and potency. Some even use MH exclusively for flowering but I think that would hurt yield, the CMH (ceramic metal halide) is supposed to have a lot better spectrum for flowering then plain MH. I would really like to try a hybrid dual arc bulb when I get a chance. The 1000w with 600w hps/400w mh sounds like it could be a winner

that is true mate, so i think ill be ok with just the 2700k bulbs as hps is just the one spectrum unless you get dual spec bulbs, so i should be ok, well you say quiet the set up, im just using to cupboards that measure 3ftx3ft and my fish tank is 3ft long and has a cupboard under it that has just over about 1ft of height, so ive pinched the light from the fish tank which is long strip light but when i looked at the bulb it say grow bulb, so gues it should be ok, then i just wired up 3 x 30 6500 k cfls and ran these along the length of the cupboard to give more light and ill veg my seeds in here in small pots and also my auto till its big enough to go into a proper light schedule as im not sure if it flowers under 24-0, but thats what ive go, one room glr to compare with the 24-0 and one flower room which was the veg room orignally i just swapped the bulbs out,
i gota be carefull though, i cant go over the top with plants, not worth the risk so gota keep it basic as possible so ill stick with soil grow., ive not got many plants just 2 in flower and 1 in veg, my auto in veg and about 5 sprouted so a few will be male so that will keep numbers down,

Back
Top Bottom