TeSmp's 5 Gallon DWC + 2L DWC-H's + 2L Hempy + 2L Soil

re: TeSmp's 5 Gallon DWC + 2L DWC-H's + 2L Hempy + 2L Soil

In it for the duration! Lookin good so far...

Thanks SurfBuddy! Glad to have you!

Oh, for the 2L hempy itself water/feed every 2 days should do it too. But definitely not daily.

Ok awesome, wasn't sure about the hempy :) is there any way to know when i should water them?

is there any way to know when i should water them?

Yes, experience is the teacher. In the mean time you can play safe by lifting the bottle to determine if they need more. After watering it lift the bottle or weight it, then let it go bone dry and lift/weight again to get a better idea of when they will need water. I've done this before, and concluded that every 2 days is best for 2L hempy.

is there any way to know when i should water them?

Yes, experience is the teacher. In the mean time you can play safe by lifting the bottle to determine if they need more. After watering it lift the bottle or weight it, then let it go bone dry and lift/weight again to get a better idea of when they will need water. I've done this before, and concluded that every 2 days is best for 2L hempy.

Ok thanks, I definitely use the lift pot method with my soil stuff I just didn't know you were supposed to let the hempy dry out all the way. :thanks:

Can i still buy a ticket for the show ?

Maybe a two for one ?

Ohhh yes plenty more room in here :) :welcome:

I'm in for the ride on this one as well. Good job teSmp keep up the great work and dont stop experimenting. :goodjob:

Glad to have you to McPuffin, can't wait until the WW's are done :) Great job on your harvest, I'll be happy with half you wet weight!!

Few pics (didn't want to take everything out of the tent):

IMG_102815.jpg

IMG_102710.jpg

hey teSmp, looking good mate, bet you cant guess what ive got in front of me, ill give you a small clue, pink,blue,green, purpley brown, your a star mate, thanks a lot for hooking me up, let thingy know as well i said thanks, im still using my fone as modem and its way to slow, plus i just got in and its 10pm, so ill load some pics in morning when my lights are on.

as for 12-12 schedule, like a lot of people know, my last grow was 9 years ago, its was 1 plant and i took cuttings from it, i didnt know what i was doing and vegd it way to long and it was 6ft tall when finished, but got loads of nice buds off it, since then ive moved to where i am not and what to start growing again, i have 2 rooms that are 3ft x 3ft and floor to ceiling high, im veggin the plants ive got now, want to go to flower at a foot tall, so thats my plan, im also trying 12-12 from seed to compare yield, to find what works well for me, the old question which gives best yield, more plants less veg or less plants more veg, im liking the 2ltr hempy idea, ill c how teSmp gets on with it and i can check results then and decide from their, im not really in any rush. but dont want it dragging out to long, i dont mind veggin for a month or 6 weeks i have no problem with that, im not experienced and have not tried all the different grow styles, im just asking what i can to learn what i can to get the best grow possible, so at the moment ive got 2 veg rooms running, 1 with the big plants in, and 1 with the new seeds in which will be vegd for 2 weeks then turned 12-12, in about a week ill germ more seeds and they should have sprouted by the time the 2week veg is up on the others then they can all go to flower at the same time, so i can then compare the difference between 12-12 from seed and 2 week veg, just sort of trying different things till i find what works best for me.

Ill update pics on my journal tomorrow when the lights are back on in the big plant room,

so tomorrow they will be getting their very first drink of corey's magic potions, cant wait, i think my 2 plants are in rapid growth so ill try that strength and use half strength for the 1st couple of times.

could i just ask though, how soon would you give new sprouted plants the nutes, is it best to wait a couple of weeks.

teSmp, i owe you big time for this mate, loving the colours of the potions as well, some crazy colours, bit different to all the brown stuff ive been looking at where i live.

thanks mate

you could always leave a 2ltr hempy bottle with just dry grow medium in it with no plant, then you have always got one that is dry weight to compare the others 2, its the only method i have found that works everytime,

hey teSmp, looking good mate, bet you cant guess what ive got in front of me, ill give you a small clue, pink,blue,green, purpley brown, your a star mate, thanks a lot for hooking me up, let thingy know as well i said thanks, im still using my fone as modem and its way to slow, plus i just got in and its 10pm, so ill load some pics in morning when my lights are on.

Glad you were able to get the nutes bud, hope they do well for you :) I'm looking forward to your upcoming experiements!

Ill update pics on my journal tomorrow when the lights are back on in the big plant room

Let me know when you get pics up

could i just ask though, how soon would you give new sprouted plants the nutes, is it best to wait a couple of weeks.

I would definitely say at least a few weeks, not sure what's in your soil.

teSmp, i owe you big time for this mate, loving the colours of the potions as well, some crazy colours, bit different to all the brown stuff ive been looking at where i live.

thanks mate

No problem donpaul, you deserve them! And yes they're some interesting colors

:) I wrote in bold. ^

Picture Update - Flower Day 6

Ok, so today I flushed the two big WW's (other journal) and changed out the reservoirs on all of the DWC-H's and 5 gallon DWC.

I didn't know to rinse the hydroton on the DWC, so today I flushed a gallon of pH'd water through it and then changed the res. pH at 5.5 and ppm 850.

The DWC-H's got the same treatment, pH'd water through the top until it came out of the little run off holes and then I poured that water out and added pH 5.5 800ppm nutrient mix to the reservoirs.

White Widow 5 gallon DWC after res change:

IMG_10357.jpg

Purple Kush FIM - 2L Hempy

IMG_1037.PNG

Roots from 2L DWC-H White Widow

IMG_10388.jpg

Roots from 2L DWC-H Purple Kush

IMG_10396.jpg

HEY BUD! looking GREAT OVER HERE AS ALWAYS! Im excited to see how you FIM turns out! I love these 2 l hemp grows! Im in!

Thanks deege :) the FIM is definitely a success now we just have to see what type of buds she's gonna put out on the end of each arm :) glad to have you!

@Twelve12 or anyone else with hydro experience. My 2 2L DWC-H's are putting out quite a bit of roots, however, there seems to be little fuzz coming off of them. It's so small I can't tell if it's like little tiny roots that are going to split off of one root or if it's mold or something. The temps in the reservoirs are pretty cold to the touch (don't have a thermometer) but my tents temps are 73-77F. I can't get a picture because they're so small. Just changed out the res. and flushed yesterday and that's what I found this morning.. Any suggestions? I know on the 5 gallon DWC the roots are splitting off in a million places kind of looks like a spine so I don't know if that's what it is on the tiny roots or if it is mold.

Yes it is completely healthy. You want a fibrous root system, I almost think they look like fish skeletons.

There are different kinds of roots however, here is a pic to clarify a little on the different types

roots.gif

Here is a picture of SteveHman's roots in his ez-cloner. I hope he doesn't mind me using his picture since his roots are some of the healthiest I've come across.

steves_roots.JPG

Yes it is completely healthy. You want a fibrous root system, I almost think they look like fish skeletons.

There are different kinds of roots however, here is a pic to clarify a little on the different types

roots.gif

Here is a picture of SteveHman's roots in his ez-cloner. I hope he doesn't mind me using his picture since his roots are some of the healthiest I've come across.

steves_roots.JPG

Very good info! thank you

Hey everyone just looked at the soil of the giesel and there's root aphids or gnats!!!!!!!! Wtf! Can I treat just the giesel or should I wait till the big white widows finish next week? They just look like little skinny bugs with wings

Hey everyone just looked at the soil of the giesel and there's root aphids or gnats!!!!!!!! Wtf! Can I treat just the giesel or should I wait till the big white widows finish next week? They just look like little skinny bugs with wings

If gnats then some oxygenated water should kill them..... I don't know what to do if they are root aphids.. sorry man.. good luck with the pest control though..

Back
Top Bottom