The Dudes Abode: An UrbanAchiever Joint

I'd seriously think about moving to Canada but I doubt I wood be invited, even tho I own property up there.

Bob, this is Canada, we welcome everyone in lol. my ladys aunt is a customs judge, there are so many asylum seekers crossing the border they arent sure what to do with them lol it is an interesting world we are living in... Common sense is few and far between.

Like me some Jimmy as well. He turned into a real diplomat

Don't mistaken being a good human being with being a good president. I didn't like Carter at all as a president. Made some of the dumbest moves possible at the time. However, he might been one of the better people to hold the office. But there is a big difference between being a good guy or a guy thats good. Carter imo opinion was one of the worst presidents. Just my opinion. I won't like anyone that has a (D) or a (R) after their name. Whores for hire.....the lot of them.

Yeah I definitely don’t agree with banning home cultivation. I am certainly those provinces will find themselves in court immediately. Although I have invested a small amount in 1 of 4 companies allowed to sell in Manitoba lol.

Big Pharma is going to be trying to do anything in their power to fend off this medicicne or copyright some aspect. We are on to their game though.

The breeding aspect I think is a bit short sighted. We will have to purchase seeds or clones from approved retailers and brands. Breeding ourselves is fine as long we stay under the plant limits. Which would be tough. Unless you have a permit for more plants due to medical needs.

Some things will need to play out before we get a good handle on what’s working and what’s not.
Apparently medical is being introduced here but it will be for severe medical cases only. Whatever that means lol. I can see them doing it this way so they can keep it alllll in house even when it eventually gets to recreational. No mention of where the supply is from or what products will be used.. maybe cos they've already got grows and labs set up for decades but have only just now seen the light apparently lol

Sounds about right to me bilbo! Sad when the gov messes with stuff. Lol, ITS A PLANT lol

Sounds about right to me bilbo! Sad when the gov messes with stuff. Lol, ITS A PLANT lol

What the government and plant limits don't account for are all the obstacles that growers face.

"You don't need to grow more than 4 plants....why would anyone need more than 4....afterall you can get up to a pound off of each plant"

Yeah well you don't get a pound off a plant unless you are very lucky and very good. Then you have plants that go nanner and need to be culled, so you loose how much time and gain very little? What about mold and PM that ruins harvests. So say you get lucky and get 4 plants all the way to harvest but you don't know what you are doing for the dry and cure. BAM, you loose 6 of your 10 ounces to mold. Now you gotta get through whatever your ailments are off of 4 ounces until you can get the next set of plants grown and harvested. God forbid you are growing from regular seeds and waste 5 weeks on 3 out of 4 plants being male.

Hmmm....why would anyone need more plant?

They don't limit how much lettuce I can grow, or how many tomato plants I can have. Why limit cannabis? Doing this shit and doing it well isn't as easy as people seem to think. But again, laws generally aren't for our protection.....its to subjugate and control every aspect of our lives (specifically our health) and we become reliant on "them".

Yeah I have a positive view of the government!

What the government and plant limits don't account for are all the obstacles that growers face.

They don't limit how much lettuce I can grow, or how many tomato plants I can have. Why limit cannabis? Doing this shit and doing it well isn't as easy as people seem to think. But again, laws generally aren't for our protection.....its to subjugate and control every aspect of our lives (specifically our health) and we become reliant on "them".

Yeah I have a positive view of the government!
Damn straight stank. They need you reliant and docile. They dont want u properly self medicated. They dont want you to be able to grow enough hemp to supply a whole towns paper needs in just a few acres of field. You're absolutely right. But they arent real laws they are acts of parliament (over here they are anyway). Common law is what i listen to so your basic. dont kill. Does that belong to you? No? Leave it alone then. That ish. But whatever other nonsensicle bull feices comes out of their mouth just rolls in one ear out the other.

@Van Stank ... I figure you're the guy to ask, ive wanted to ask this question for a long time, but havent wanted to seem disrespectful or whatever, because I have huge amounts of respect for people who serve.

for most of my youth I wanted to join the military, then I started smoking weed, which led to asking questions and then the world was no longer as it seemed and I didn't know that I would be able to put my life on the line for officials/policies that I didn't believe in

I'm just curious, how you were able to do your duties in the service, knowing that the people you were doing your duty for were the very politicians/officials that you seem to have a great distaste for...was it just a job for you?
again, no disrespect to any veterans out there, I'm just always curious and trying to learn and understand why we humans do the things we do. Sorry for the hijack urbs!

Well lets say I held a naive view of the world when I joined and started serving. The truth started becoming apparent during the late 90's to me. But I loved the job and I loved leading Marines. I loved accomplishing the mission....I loved the physical training and pushing myself. By the time I hit my 20 year retirement mark, I couldn't really hide my disdain for what I saw my government become. Then by the time Obama was through his first term, it got too bad for me to keep going so I dropped my retirement package and got out of dodge. Promotion? No thanks, not interested......no way I could have stayed around any longer.

Then since 2012 its only gotten worse (or clearer....depending on your point of view) and my opinion of them (politicians) has diminished greatly if that was even possible. Both sides....its not a left or a right thing, its a political thing. And we are too stupid to see it, and keep voting for the same machines.

Well lets say I held a naive view of the world when I joined and started serving. The truth started becoming apparent during the late 90's to me. But I loved the job and I loved leading Marines. I loved accomplishing the mission....I loved the physical training and pushing myself. By the time I hit my 20 year retirement mark, I couldn't really hide my disdain for what I saw my government become. Then by the time Obama was through his first term, it got too bad for me to keep going so I dropped my retirement package and got out of dodge. Promotion? No thanks, not interested......no way I could have stayed around any longer.

Then since 2012 its only gotten worse (or clearer....depending on your point of view) and my opinion of them (politicians) has diminished greatly if that was even possible. Both sides....its not a left or a right thing, its a political thing. And we are too stupid to see it, and keep voting for the same machines.
You cant expect a remote control to work if you just keep swapping around old batteries, eventually the things gonna just die. How can you elect a party, get rid of said party after 5 years and then what.... you give the other parties a 5 year chance and just wait for your turn again. The definition of insanity springs to mind

thanks for the response van, nothing beats first hand experience to put things into perspective, and makes sense to me, I too would have loved the job, would have enjoyed the challenges and loved serving my country. but I couldn't serve for leaders i didn't respect.... crazy to think you were serving while I was just a toddler. And sad that things have only gotten worse, even though we(as a species) have become more technologically advanced and "intelligent".... Biggest set of blinders' in history. Keep everyone afraid and they will consume.

I have been away at work, sorry for running dark, but we are in the shit here.

I had an interview with a Canadian recruiter at graduation. Didn’t like what I heard. Old planes, old heli’s, no armour vehicles at the time (1995) and just not up to standards. So I didn’t go to the Royal Military College. Instead I went in a similar direction, just less death and shooting, I fought forest fires. Paramilitary organization, hard work, mission accomplishing, and got to work with all sorts of cool people in all sorts of cool places.

I won’t go into it but that’s what I still do. 25 years later and in a more dangerous and command/control capacity. It’s been a hell of a ride these last few years.

I popped seeds and left for a week. They aren’t looking great, the wife forgot about them (not her job/hobby), and I got home to a bit of a situation. They were ignored and heavily watered the day before yesterday. In a covered tray. They we’re pressed up against the plastic lid, tall, and looking stressed. I will spend a few days trying to get them back on track but I will be heading out on a another deployment next week. Fire season isn’t over yet. Plants are secondary to my responsibilities.

Cheers

man that's something else I wanted to do... But I got convinced to go to school instead :rolleyes:... And I didn't even finish school cause I got bored.. But then I had debts to pay... Anyways... Can't change the past, should the opportunity arise in the future, id be all over that, just hard to leave secure job when youve got bills to pay... Money the root of all evil... Good luck urban, thanks for your service! my aunt and uncle came pretty close, they aren't far from parry sound.

Well work is not slowing down. Not great news for my journal, plants, or life in general. No complaints here, no excuses, just how it is.

Right after the seeds popped, I had to go, the gift of fire f2 was in 4” pots, the bubba in peat pucks. They went without water for 5 or 6 days. Then we’re met with flood conditions. In a seedling covered tray.

I came home and they were pressed against the plastic lid. I planted the two bubba that were in peat pucks, into 4” pots. Topped up the soil on the others. Left them like that with the occasional watering until tonight. Put into 6” pots, maybe two weeks, before I put them into the bins.

So a tough start. But that’s reality.

Way to toughen them up urb. They'll do fine now that they got slapped around some. Makes them hardy and survivors. Only the strong survive.

Yeah they will be fine. I am the poster boy for lazy growing lol. I have literally only touched them 3 or 4 times since I popped the seeds. Seem fine to me and the stress I see is from being starved of water, drowned, and rootbound in small starter pots.

A week or two in these pots and then up potting into their final container. Then we will see them rebound and explode. I hope lol.

Back
Top Bottom