The Dudes Abode: An UrbanAchiever Joint

I like Carter still do. He's a stand up guy still helping poor people get roofs over head. Stupid people around him when he was pres tho.

Had foresight enough to see that we needed to develop other options for generating electricity like Solar power and wind power. He put initiatives in place for it to become a thing. Then RayGun put a stop to all that green initiative tree hugging stuff. So we built nuclear power plants instead. meh.

We'ed have have COB led tech 25-30 years ago if Carter's green initiative was allowed to progress. Prolly every middle class home would have a solar panel on it too.

I like Obama .. I get FREE healthcare and am able to retire @ 60yrs old. I'd still be working for peanuts so I could have private health insurance if not for him. Bush 1 didn't do shit so he doesn't count... hahahaha. And Clinton... he gave us that oral sex isn't sex thing. I ran that past my wife, as expected I got a threat to cut my dick off.

If you look back at presidential history, there are quite a few losers. I digress...

I'm with Dabbs... local is everything. We live in a city and if local government wasn't up to snuff we'ed have a mess. It's not perfect but lots of people are working hard to make things better for everyone on the local real world level.

Gotta get the grass roots people involved and voting again. Thats really key.
Young folks like myself will have to pay for that, and most of us who have jobs, can hardly afford treatment as is. The more the national debt rises relative to GDP, the less you get for dollar and I don't think there is a person out there who seriously thinks the end of deficient spending is here- hereby the problem will only worsen. The system is one of kicking the can down the road while attempting to turn all possible sides against each other through a system of handouts to interested parties. Like Aristotle said,

"It is a habit of tyrants never to like anyone who has a spirit of dignity and independence. The tyrant claims a monopoly of such qualities for himself; he feels that anybody who asserts a rival dignity, or acts with independence, is threatening his own superiority and the despotic power of his tyranny; he hates him accordingly as a subverter of his own authority. It is also a habit of tyrants to prefer the company of aliens to that of citizens at table and in society; citizens, they feel, are enemies, but aliens will offer no opposition...And whereas states consist of two classes, of poor men and of rich, the tyrant should lead both to imagine that they are preserved and prevented from harming one another by his rule, and whichever of the two is stronger he should attach to his government; for, having this advantage, he has no need either to emancipate slaves or to disarm the citizens; either party added to the force which he already has, will make him stronger than his assailants. " -Politics book V

Well work is not slowing down. Not great news for my journal, plants, or life in general. No complaints here, no excuses, just how it is.

Right after the seeds popped, I had to go, the gift of fire f2 was in 4” pots, the bubba in peat pucks. They went without water for 5 or 6 days. Then we’re met with flood conditions. In a seedling covered tray.

I came home and they were pressed against the plastic lid. I planted the two bubba that were in peat pucks, into 4” pots. Topped up the soil on the others. Left them like that with the occasional watering until tonight. Put into 6” pots, maybe two weeks, before I put them into the bins.

So a tough start. But that’s reality.
Subbed! I really want to see how that soil turns out during flower!

Subbed! I really want to see how that soil turns out during flower!

Welcome Kaiser! This is the third run of the soil and it’s just getting better and better. Should be some nice growth and great colours in the flowers.

HI Urban - nice to see you about. Looks like you have their recovery well in hand too :thumb:

All the best doing the hard work out there - stay safe!
:Namaste:
Thank you Amy! I appreciate the support, despite me lagging in following everyone else’s journal lately, a few more weeks of demanding work and I will be back to my usual lurking self.

I checked in on the plants this morning and they have responded to the up potting.

Apparently medical is being introduced here but it will be for severe medical cases only. Whatever that means lol. I can see them doing it this way so they can keep it alllll in house even when it eventually gets to recreational. No mention of where the supply is from or what products will be used.. maybe cos they've already got grows and labs set up for decades but have only just now seen the light apparently lol

I'm on PA USA - was like that for about 6 months here with nothing but concentrates for sale. Now its flowers at the store. Guess they needed a few extra months to get the goods to market I'm thinking.

Prices for flowers are $15-$45/gm retail.

Well still working my bag off. I get the weekend off though. Been a few weeks and I can use the rest.

Thankfully I have been home, somewhat, and was able to make sure the plants were watered appropriately. It’s made all the difference as they are now taking off. I will transplant them into their no till bin-o-soil this weekend. Then we will see some action.

Also gonna start some peat pucks with the red clover. Get the cover crop going.

Nothing fancy, just some phone shots of the plants

An actual update! Enjoying my weekend off by playing video games. Took 15 minutes off to up pot the plants.

Pretty easy. Take the lids off the 32 gallon containers, dig some holes, pop the 6” root balls in, cover with soil. I buried them a bit deeper too, let the stem start some roots, and ripped off the lower branches.

Didn’t want to forget about 420 Magazine. Created a white background for a place to put decals and stickers from the grows. While I enjoy IG and the photo quality. I will still always prefer 420Mag.

Wow wow. Yep I had to due away with my mylar survival blankets. The stickers on a clean white background can reallllllly make them buds pop. So with your camera and more importantly your photography skills, its gonna be a great show man.

I like IG for ease of upload. The attach files is AMAZING here but I want them to configure something where it is loaded into the gallery also. And IG isnt interactive enough. I like to read others writing. Just my 2 pennies. Well hope all is well for you and your better half buddy. Be well

Been away from the plants for another week and a bit. Have no idea what’s going on with them. I assume their fine.

Gave them a good watering in those large bins so they should be ok, roots wandering around looking for water. I will be home in a week. Hopefully there is no issues.

Work is finally slowing down. Shouldn’t have to leave the plants again.

Haven’t posted about the news. Not much to say when you are watching the Springfield tire fire burn across the border. The world is collectively throwing up a little in its mouth.

Well my better half took a look for me, us, and gave them some water.

I think I see some heat stress. They put some serious height on this week so I expect to see some males when I get back.

Look generally healthy from this limited look.

Took some of the sting out of the blurple.

Yep looking good from here. Probably a little light adjustment when you get home but other than that very nice!

Yep looking good from here. Probably a little light adjustment when you get home but other than that very nice!

Yeah I asked the Mrs to do that for me. Light was about 8” from the tops. The other big change I did this grow was not turn on my big 6” fan. The temps are around 83-86. So it’s probably getting warm. When I get home I will do some pruning, training, and turn on the fan....as well as fire up the other light...the Dwarf Star.

Should be able to sex them too.

Thanks for staying in touch.

Didn’t want to forget about 420 Magazine. Created a white background for a place to put decals and stickers from the grows. While I enjoy IG and the photo quality. I will still always prefer 420Mag.
[/GALLERY]

Erb... got it going

im subbed in. Im diggin the SOG style grow!
Thanks big sparks! Another few days and I will be home to step up the update and photo game. I will also get back into following those that follow me here. Been a bit hectic and surrounded by prying eyes to browse 420. Exciting times ahead.

Erb... got it going
I hope so brother. Hope the cottage country treated you well this year. It’s been a smoke filled year for most of us. Didn’t bode well for outdoor crops in some regions.

Finally home. Finally able to put my attention on my plants and 420 mag. Haven’t busted out the good camera yet. Although I am now home I am still behind on some chores and responsibilities.

But I had to check on the plants when I got home and damn, we had an issue.

My one light had all six plants growing towards it. In fact they were pushing up against the LED. So that answers the heat question. Barely even caused the plants a concern. This is what it looked like after I raised the light.

The good thing is that they were a bit thirsty and bent over pushing up against the light and naturally have the LST curves started so i just tied them down a bit. Spreading them back out and giving me some room to flower.

I did have to get a little violent with one, and supercropped it. Gave it a cotton bandaid to help it survive and repair itself. I have flipped the light schedule to 12/12. It’s time to see what they can do.

Back
Top Bottom