Thirvnrob's Canuck Seeds Double Chocolate/Acapulco Gold Comparative Grow

I am sliding in under the wire! Sorry to be tardy, but life has had me on a steady diet of curve balls lately. Enough about that - I'm ready to do this.
First, I want to thank @Canuk Seeds for the opportunity to showcase their product.
And now I'll introduce the subjects. First up is Acapulco Gold FEM Elite.
1703053150913.png

Her genetics may be shrouded in mystery, but Acapulco Gold is a celebrity cannabis strain rooted in cannabis culture.

This mostly sativa hybrid is considered a landrace strain as it's indigenous to Acapulco, Mexico. Cannabis seeds like these used to be hard to find, so we are stoked at having them in our roster.

Flowering between 10-11 weeks, she produces dense buds that are light green in colour, coated in fiery trichomes, and drenched in frosty THC-rich trichomes.

Acapulco Gold has impressive THC levels (around 19%) and yields (up to 500g/m2).

She boasts an intense citrus and lemon aroma and flavour with hints off sweetness.

Expect a cerebral experience with happy, euphoric, uplifting, and creative effects.

Next up is Double Chocolate Feminized
1703053682028.png

Double Chocolate
is one sweet sativa cannabis strain.

She produces uplifting cerebral effects leaving you feeling uplifted and motivated.

With chocolate, coffee, and fruity notes, this Double Chocolate is one tasty feminized cannabis strain.

Canuk Seeds’ Double Chocolate has an impressive THC content between 21-26% and yields 400-450 g/m2 of chocolaty goodness.

By crossing Coco Melon and OG Chocolate Thai, this strain has double the flavors and aromas of its parental varieties.

Medium: The Rev's TLO soil 2.0
Grow Space: 10'x11' Open Room
Light: Mars Hydro FC1000

Grow space is equipped with a humidifier, dehumidifier, heater & a Fire Extinguisher (thanks for the suggestion @Bill284 ).

I'm at a point in my gardening experience where my growth is slowing because I'm continuously exposed to more advanced theories & techniques. I've got the basics down, but the science behind living organic soil is what has my attention now & that's gonna be a longer learning curve for me. I hope I live long enough to at least halfway figure it out:bongrip::laughtwo:. Anyway, I'm gonna tag a bunch of my growmies (sorry, I couldn't resist). And the nominees for most helpful @420Magazine members are:
@StoneOtter @InTheShed @Keffka @Gee64 @Emilya Green @seaofgreen18 @013 @Krissi Carbone @Trala

The grow is well underway. I'll be posting pics shortly...
T, way behind here and elsewhere…looking forward to catching up. Cheers

T, way behind here and elsewhere…looking forward to catching up. Cheers
I have a hard time keeping up with other's journals also. Thanks for having a look! I'm always open to suggestions...

I built a frame and started a scrog today. I untied everything I could reach since I can train them with the net now, but in what has become true form for me, I attached the net first :blunt:.

Anyway, here are some pics.
The net is 22” above the floor. I’ll probably have to put longer legs on the next one but all four of these girls are short due to Gardner error - I sprouted them in soil & I think I put ‘em in a little too deep. Can’t fix it now…
Here they are nestled in. I don’t want to cut the net if I don’t have to but I know I have enough for a second tier.
IMG_4210.jpeg
These fittings make a second tier easy & the scraps look to be about the right length for that but I’ll wait till I have a better idea of how much they’re gonna stretch when I flip in a couple weeks.
IMG_4217.jpeg

IMG_4211.jpeg
And regarding things you can’t fix, here are the little shoots stepping up for the broken main…
IMG_4215.jpeg
Thanks for stopping by!

Looking good! Just purchased some AG seeds today and cannot wait to pop them! Just discovered your journal and boy will I be following along. Like a test run for me 😂 Just kidding. I probably missed it in my haste to read through your entries but when are you planning to flip to 12/12? Also, what I’ve read says they need 60-70 days to flower so I would anticipate it to be closer to 100 days for sure. Anyway good luck with that grow!!
:ganjamon:

Looking good! Just purchased some AG seeds today and cannot wait to pop them! Just discovered your journal and boy will I be following along. Like a test run for me 😂 Just kidding. I probably missed it in my haste to read through your entries but when are you planning to flip to 12/12? Also, what I’ve read says they need 60-70 days to flower so I would anticipate it to be closer to 100 days for sure. Anyway good luck with that grow!!
:ganjamon:
Thanks! The original plan was to flip them on day 60. Today is day 44 & they'll get their final defoliation in one week, but if the Double Chocolate doesn't have a good growth spurt I may put it off for a week. I really expected these two strains to grow similarly, but they aren't.
The Acapulco Gold have responded well to training. I've grown it before - harvested in the 10 week window based on trichs & got a pretty good haul. I was pretty happy with it, but given it's strong sativa lineage, I agree that a longer flowering period may be the key to scoring that old school buzz we used to get from this strain in the 70s...
Thanks for stopping by & let me know how yours turn out!

In all honesty, I started this grow because I felt obligated to @Canuk Seeds for trusting me to represent their product , and to "get my mind off things". 2023 was a challenging year for my family & me, & really didn't want to be bothered by a damned garden, but that obligation was nagging at me, so I germinated some seeds. I've read through my earlier posts in this journal that really didn't make sense to me when I re-read them. I guess I was trying to remain "engaged".
Thank you guys for your patience. Today, I felt passion for the first time in a good while. Reading through your journals & reading your responses to mine reignited the spark. Sometimes it's a matter of putting one foot in front of the other, even when you don't want to. Right now, I'm really excited about finishing this grow with an exclamation point, and although my mind isn't "off things", it's definitely "processing things" instead of stewing in them. Gardening is quite therapeutic for me...

@Thirvnrob
“Gardening is quite therapeutic for me...”
So glad to hear you say this. That’s exactly how I feel. It’s very therapeutic for me, relaxing. I wish I had 3 tents on the go at a time and also had the time to manage 3 tents at a time lol. It’s funny because I grew up on an apple orchard where we grew everything from 5000 apple trees to thousands of strawberry plants and pumpkins, vegetable gardens etc. A large operation for a private family. I always said when I was growing up I just wanted a 9 to 5 job and not something that I had to work at 24/7. Boy was I wrong. I discovered weed growing/gardening a few years ago and it has really brought me full circle and I wish that I had the opportunity that I lost to go back and take over the family business because boy oh boy do love growing. Not just this great plant but since I’ve gotten back into vegetable gardening I am so hooked and wish I hadn’t lost my chance at the orchard. Nice to know others find this therapeutic also. Keep it up!

Ps; the pic is of the old family farm where I now long to be.

IMG_0920.jpeg

@Thirvnrob
“Gardening is quite therapeutic for me...”
So glad to hear you say this. That’s exactly how I feel. It’s very therapeutic for me, relaxing. I wish I had 3 tents on the go at a time and also had the time to manage 3 tents at a time lol. It’s funny because I grew up on an apple orchard where we grew everything from 5000 apple trees to thousands of strawberry plants and pumpkins, vegetable gardens etc. A large operation for a private family. I always said when I was growing up I just wanted a 9 to 5 job and not something that I had to work at 24/7. Boy was I wrong. I discovered weed growing/gardening a few years ago and it has really brought me full circle and I wish that I had the opportunity that I lost to go back and take over the family business because boy oh boy do love growing. Not just this great plant but since I’ve gotten back into vegetable gardening I am so hooked and wish I hadn’t lost my chance at the orchard. Nice to know others find this therapeutic also. Keep it up!

Ps; the pic is of the old family farm where I now long to be.
That must have been a great childhood even if you didn't know any different growing up!

We're with you for the journey, and the pit stops and pitfalls along the way. :high-five: I'm glad you're starting to get your mojo back, and gardening is therapeutic for me as well. I had nothing going on for a month and I was wandering around aimlessly!
:green_heart:
Thanks buddy!

Here's a water report from the town I live in, but it's from last year. My filtered water measures out at 133 ppm after filtration pretty consistently. I altered the makeup of my recycled soil which is cooking now, reducing Dolomite Lime & oyster shell. Any help with interpretation would be greatly appreciated. @Gee64 ?

IMG_3014.jpg

LOL! I'm a synthetic nute grower and have no idea what compensations you should use for your tap water in an LOS grow. :)

I can tell you that from a ratio standpoint your Mg is too low compared to your Ca. Also, if that page is your tap water, do you know what your filter removes from that list? Is your tap water PPM much higher before filtering?
I know you're a synthetic grower, but your input is valuable (see above). Now I'll know to compare that ratio next time.
I know I have a sediment filter & a chlorine/chloramine filter. My ppm since employing the filter measures out between 130 - 135 but most often settles at 133. Not sure exactly what the sediment filter removes...

Back
Top Bottom