Thirvnrob's Canuck Seeds Double Chocolate/Acapulco Gold Comparative Grow

I noticed this yesterday. It’s only on this girl & mostly on or near the top. Anyone have any ideas?
IMG_4232.jpeg
IMG_4231.jpeg

Looks like a calcium deficiency and that usually shows first on lower leaves (because it's a mobile element). If those are upper leaves and the leaf points are curling up it could be a result of light stress.
Thanks. I’ll dial the light back a little bit.

Looks like a calcium deficiency and that usually shows first on lower leaves (because it's a mobile element). If those are upper leaves and the leaf points are curling up it could be a result of light stress.
I may have had an aha moment. This is the only girl in a 5 gallon SIP - the other three are in 10 gallon SIPs. Maybe a 5 gallon container won’t support the growth she’s exhibiting through veg, especially in a SIP. The girls in ten gallon containers are all happy…

Is it big enough to have run out of food already? I don't know how long a 5g LOS grow should last, but it the whole SIP is 5 gallons then there's less than 5 gallons of soil, yes? :hmmmm:
I have 20ltr SIP's that hold about 6 ltrs of water and they drink an easy 3ltrs a day so you are probably onto it

Is it big enough to have run out of food already? I don't know how long a 5g LOS grow should last, but it the whole SIP is 5 gallons then there's less than 5 gallons of soil, yes? :hmmmm:
Correct.

I have 20ltr SIP's that hold about 6 ltrs of water and they drink an easy 3ltrs a day so you are probably onto it
She & her sister will take 4 liters per day, but I’m hesitant to give them that every day because some of the leaves are clawing also, so I give them 5-6 liters every other day with 5 ml of cal/mag per gallon of water

calcium is an immobile nutrient shed.
I noticed this yesterday. It’s only on this girl & mostly on or near the top. Anyone have any ideas?
IMG_4232.jpeg
IMG_4231.jpeg
This information should help you.

calcium is an immobile nutrient shed.

This information should help you.
Thanks Wakka!

I’m sorry, scratch everything I said & let me start over. I saw the same spotting on a few of her sister’s leaves today and I’m certain they weren’t there yesterday. Then I remembered they’re both in the store bought soil I’m using to compare to my (The Rev’s) soil mix, so I looked at the bag & it says no amending necessary until the roots fill the soil, which they have clearly done. They recommend top dressing with their compost mix which I don’t have, but I can brew some compost tea. Interestingly enough, recipe is from the Rev’s book I got my soil. Whaddaya think? @Gee64 ?

Back
Top Bottom