ViparSpectra KS5000 Helps GDB Seek Anxiety!

Fat oof on the screwy timer. :( What Mel said. ↑↑↑

Congrats on the tails!
Problem is, I am the screwy timer!

I wasn't having this issue when the Gush Mints clone was in the tent. I remember getting anal about the timer when it came time to move in the Crescendo clone. It was set to 10:01am ON and 10:01pm OFF. I changed it to 10 on the nose, but during that time I must have somehow entered that second ON program. Oof is right! :Rasta:

Uh, not quite.

"I could while away the hours
Conferrin' with the flowers
Consultin' with the rain

And my head, I'd be scratchin'
While my thoughts were busy hatchin'
If I only had a brain"
-- The Scarecrow

I put the Crescendo clone (flip 48) into the 2x2 on June 7th.

Set the lights to on/off -- 10am/10pm.

Check every night at 10 to ensure that lights are out. Smart.

On June 8th I'm up at 7am and notice the light is on. I turn it off, then turn it back on at 10am. My Scarecrow personality emerges.

On June 9th I'm up again around 7am and the light is on. I turn it off, then turn it back on at 10am. My Scarecrow personality flourishes!

On June 10th up at 7ish and the light is on. I turn is off and then turn it back on at 10am. "Hey, Sherlock, don't you think it'd be good to know why this is happening and when the light is coming back on?" (Scarecrow about to be shown the exit to be replaced by Sherlock.)

At lights out on the 10th I disconnect and inspect the light timer. On 10am. Check. Off 10pm. Check. I replace the timer and set it back to "auto."

Of course on June 11th at around 7am the light is on. Sherlock turns it off and doesn't turn it back on at 10am.

Examining the timer for a second time and everything checks out. (I hit the "Program" button and it says "On 10am". Hit the button a second time and it says "Off 10pm." But then Sherlock hits the program button a third time and it says "On 12am". And he hits the program button a 4th time and no "Off" time has been set.

So, my poor plant got about 19 hours of light and 5 hours of darkness per day between June 7-10!

I removed the 2nd "On" setting from the timer and connected it back to the light.

I left the light off from 7ish June 11th until 10am this morning, and during that time I did not feed the plant. That combination of events led to a deficiency that decimated many of her fan leaves. It could have been N, P or K or anything thing else! :confused:

I've removed most of the ruined leaves. It was making me sad to look at them.

I've fed her this morning and now will just wait and see what happens.
Cresc clone 6-13-23 F48.jpg

If that damn light is on when I wake up in the morning...oh my.

------------------------

I got tails on the Fat Bastard, Forbidden Fruit and Slurricane and buried them in Solo cups on yesterday.

I got no love from the GDP x Bruce Banner seed so I soaked a second one yesterday. That second seed pushed out a tap root this morning and will be buried later today.

This is the hardest part of a grow for me -- waiting for seedlings to emerge from the soil!
Seed bury 6-13-23.jpg

Thanks for you time.

PEACE.
Oops! Welcome to my world! Lol. Just watch for hermies/nanners. That would be my main concern.

Oops! Welcome to my world! Lol. Just watch for hermies/nanners. That would be my main concern.
It's mine too Jon! :Rasta:

Highya GDB,

I love your sense of humor! Also love the scarecrow song!! I don't love mistakes, as I've made my share. If we don't make mistakes, we aren't doing anything!! Sherlock figured it out, so back on an even keel again (except the 3 days of extra light). I certainly hope there's no repercussions from that, as her mom was a gorgeous lady at harvest. I used a timer for awhile. Don't know why they're so quirky, but I had similar problems. I guess it's from not being thorough enough. Someday they'll be stoner proof!! Oh, well. Let's move on to something more positive. She still is alive and salvageable. She still has the potential to be great smoke. Congrats on seeds popping. I'm like you with seeds in the dirt. Ones that don't come up always puts the 2nd attempt behind the rest of the group. With all the tribulations, we still carry on. When we smoke the product, it all seems worth it!! Happy Smokin'

Don't know why they're so quirky, but I had similar problems. I guess it's from not being thorough enough. Someday they'll be stoner proof!!
That's the issue for me! I am a stoner and this is the proof! :)

Damn it man ! Well the plant still looks good so maybe it will just go ahead and finish out as planed . :hug: seedlings !!
Thanks for the optimism Smoke!

No seedlings yet, just cups of soil with seeds buried in them. I stress during this stage, waiting on them to emerge! :lot-o-toke:

If you weren't doing something it wouldn't have happened is what my boss said to me as I walked into the office expecting to get fired after a mistake troubleshooting a machine and kind of blowing it up! He calmly said go fix what you did. &&it happens to us all!
Sounds like my kind of boss Stone! Unfortunately, I'm stuck with Mrs. GDB. 😄

Yeah, this ain't my first mistake and hopefully it won't be my last. (That would mean I died during the night.)

Hello all!

I'm biding my time here. I feel like I'm waiting for the "shoe to drop" in the 2x2 tent, where the Crescendo clone is on flip + 50. I'm very pessimistic about her finishing well. While I try to retain a positive mindset, at the same time I'm prepared for the worse.

Cresc cl 6-15-23 F50.jpg

-------------------------------

The Gush Mints clone that I took down on June 7th has been dried and burped down to 62% RH. She ended up weighing 129g. I put her into a Grove bag today.

GM Clone 6-15-23 129g dry.jpg

----------------------------------

Of the 4 seeds I've buried for my next grow, only one has broken the surface. (Three were buried on May 12th and one on May 13th.)

The Slurricane showed up yesterday and I'm calling today her Day #1.

Slurricane 6-15-23 D1.jpg

I'm seeing some movement in the Fat Bastard's cup and I believe she'll be topside by tomorrow. However, there has been no movement in the other 2 cups.

So biding my time is pretty much all I can do. Growing has really helped me become a more patient person.

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE.

Hello all!

I'm biding my time here. I feel like I'm waiting for the "shoe to drop" in the 2x2 tent, where the Crescendo clone is on flip + 50. I'm very pessimistic about her finishing well. While I try to retain a positive mindset, at the same time I'm prepared for the worse.

Cresc cl 6-15-23 F50.jpg

-------------------------------

The Gush Mints clone that I took down on June 7th has been dried and burped down to 62% RH. She ended up weighing 129g. I put her into a Grove bag today.

GM Clone 6-15-23 129g dry.jpg

----------------------------------

Of the 4 seeds I've buried for my next grow, only one has broken the surface. (Three were buried on May 12th and one on May 13th.)

The Slurricane showed up yesterday and I'm calling today her Day #1.

Slurricane 6-15-23 D1.jpg

I'm seeing some movement in the Fat Bastard's cup and I believe she'll be topside by tomorrow. However, there has been no movement in the other 2 cups.

So biding my time is pretty much all I can do. Growing has really helped me become a more patient person.

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE.
I can help. Remember my Mimosa from the last grow? 30 days into flower and I did the same damn thing and it revegged a little then got flipped back after 8 days? Well, remember how absolutely 100% convinced I was that it was going to hermie and how bummed I was? Sounds to me a lot like where you are now. But here’s the thing - then @InTheShed worked some voodoo magic on my attitude. He gave me hope. He smoothed my feathers. He told me he would bet against it going hermie. And my attitude changed - a little. Then I harvested and my attitude changed a LOT. No, she did not hermie, Shed was right. So in that spirit allow me and all of us to work our voodoo magic on you, and give you some hope. Cuz I really don’t think it’s going to hermie. You’d have already seen the signs. You got this! I believe!!

I'm very pessimistic about her finishing well.
Hopefully, she forgot about the whole lighting glitch...
but still, keep your eyes peeled for nanners...

I found a seed in my GSC this morning, so she must of popped out a nanner
or 2- I never saw any though..

And congrats on the sprout!- I'm sure the others will follow shortly ...(I hate this part)

I can help. Remember my Mimosa from the last grow? 30 days into flower and I did the same damn thing and it revegged a little then got flipped back after 8 days? Well, remember how absolutely 100% convinced I was that it was going to hermie and how bummed I was? Sounds to me a lot like where you are now. But here’s the thing - then @InTheShed worked some voodoo magic on my attitude. He gave me hope. He smoothed my feathers. He told me he would bet against it going hermie. And my attitude changed - a little. Then I harvested and my attitude changed a LOT. No, she did not hermie, Shed was right. So in that spirit allow me and all of us to work our voodoo magic on you, and give you some hope. Cuz I really don’t think it’s going to hermie. You’d have already seen the signs. You got this! I believe!!
Yeah, I remember that plant Jon. It was kind of amazing!

Back
Top Bottom