VIVOHUT Bill284's New Grow Facility: Featuring VIVOSUN & Herbies Seeds

You will make feminized seeds, nothing wrong with a self pollinating flower. Its a problem only when we want Sin semilla.

no you won't. hermies make hermies and strengthen the trait when you grow them out. a hermie seed is not feminized, it's hermie.

the process to make stable femmed genetics is much more involved and never uses selfed seed.

no you won't. hermies make hermies and strengthen the trait when you grow them out. a hermie seed is not feminized, it's hermie.

the process to make stable femmed genetics is much more involved and never uses selfed seed.

I can pass a youtube link to a expert breeder talking about Self Pollinated flower and how this is a way to preserve a gene pool as it is with out gene ramifications. The method use to self a plant is Colloidal silver, or mechanical stress and this is considered abiotic stress, anything you do to a plant to get them to self pollinate is a abiotic stress. 100 percent pure landrace are self pollinated making them Inbreed lineage, breeders work with these sativas to get great strains but they breed out the heavy hermie phenos... it takes years!

no breeder reveals all their secrets, DJ short never said he had to run hundrerds of Blue berry phenos until he found the less hermie one, as his Mexican/thai genetics he worked with back in the 80s were for sure big hermie self pollinated Inbreed lineages. Its time we rethink self polinated flowers.

I can pass a youtube link to a expert breeder talking about Self Pollinated flower and how this is a way to preserve a gene pool as it is with out gene ramifications.

that guy is sowing mostly misinformation.

The method use to self a plant is Colloidal silver, or mechanical stress and this is considered abiotic stress, anything you do to a plant to get them to self pollinate is a abiotic stress.

i'm well aware of using cs and sts. that is just the first step in a proper breeding program. a real breeder never uses selfed seed. when incorporating cs or sts, it is always a separate reg female of the same strain that is pollinated from the original plant.

selfed seed strengthens hermie traits, which is why a breeder doesn't do it. pollen from a plant that hermies on it's own will carry the trait far stronger than one produced with cs or sts.

100 percent pure landrace are self pollinated making them Inbreed lineage,

no they don't. kind of a myth. thai strains in the wild are well known as hermie plants. dna analysis shows they aren't exactly landrace. it's believed there was human intervention far back in their history.

breeders work with these sativas to get great strains but they breed out the heavy hermie phenos... it takes years!

it does. back breeding is key.

no breeder reveals all their secrets, DJ short never said he had to run hundrerds of Blue berry phenos until he found the less hermie one, as his Mexican/thai genetics he worked with back in the 80s were for sure big hermie self pollinated Inbreed lineages. Its time we rethink self polinated flowers.

hermie flower is pretty well inferior. it's not something you want going forward.

the hermie rate in the wild is something under 2%. we're experiencing 40% and higher with bought genetics. it's become something a lot of growers are falling in to.

i'm well aware of using cs and sts. that is just the first step in a proper breeding program. a real breeder never uses selfed seed. when incorporating cs or sts, it is always a separate reg female of the same strain that is pollinated from the original plant.

selfed seed strengthens hermie traits, which is why a breeder doesn't do it. pollen from a plant that hermies on it's own will carry the trait far stronger than one produced with cs or sts.

no they don't. kind of a myth. thai strains in the wild are well known as hermie plants. dna analysis shows they aren't exactly landrace. it's believed there was human intervention far back in their history.

it does. back breeding is key.

hermie flower is pretty well inferior. it's not something you want going forward.

the hermie rate in the wild is something under 2%. we're experiencing 40% and higher with bought genetics. it's become something a lot of growers are falling in to.

I respect your opinion and view. I think everything is on the table when it comes to breeding. Maybe you can open your mind explore more breeders and more information. You labeled the video right away misinformation (you didn’t see it as it’s like 2 hours long) because it’s going against your views and ideals of what breeding is or should be.

Check Ace seeds some of their descriptions clearly say hermaphroditism is a thing. Inbreed linage is a thing, hash cultivars will self pollinate every year that’s how these people get their seeds. That applies to most wild grown plants specially in third world countries where none of the westernized genetics arrive.

I’m not trying to put down what you’re saying I’m just asking for a reshape and rethink of Self pollination, inbreed genetics and hermaphroditism in general. Have you ever seen a pure Ruderalis pheno? I haven’t, how do we know for a FACT it’s not another form of selfed plant or inbreed ?

I keep an open mind, and I have worked with a horrible Mexican hermie and made it non hermie it’s my personal Sativa cultivar, it’s taken me for ever but I am happy with all that I have learned along the way.

Have you seen this?

520DF6C3-A1E3-49E8-AB5B-2989A0637023.jpeg

Male and female in one sack. Not your regular nanner. Not saying I want this or like it but it’s a thing, if I let this go It’s going to give a feminized seed of identical genotype and phenotype of this plant.

I respect your opinion and view. I think everything is on the table when it comes to breeding. Maybe you can open your mind explore more breeders and more information. You labeled the video right away misinformation (you didn’t see it as it’s like 2 hours long) because it’s going against your views and ideals of what breeding is or should be.

i've seen it before. lol.
also i've heard much of what he purports elsewhere from other self proclaimed experts.

you won't find a real breeder or actual professional banging on about it. only folk trying to monetize a brand. it's why youtube has become toxic information.

most professional breeders are not allowed to post on youtube etc or they would lose their seedbank contracts.

it's part of the reason you never see real professionals or any breeders whatsoever on this board. none of them stick around to have to answer to this nonsense.

Have you ever seen a pure Ruderalis pheno? I haven’t, how do we know for a FACT it’s not another form of selfed plant or inbreed ?

you can buy them for breeding purposes. ruderalis is not a hermie plant on it's own. all it does is self flower, both male and female, without the need for a change in lighting. on it's own it is also not a plant producing thc.

i'm not a fan of autos so much, though i have grown them. it does weaken the overall base genetics

Male and female in one sack. Not your regular nanner. Not saying I want this or like it but it’s a thing, if I let this go It’s going to give a feminized seed of identical genotype and phenotype of this plant.

it's strongest trait going forward will be to hermie itself. it's next strongest trait will be to fem. and lastly the least dominant trait will be male.

i've seen it before. lol.
also i've heard much of what he purports elsewhere from other self proclaimed experts.

you won't find a real breeder or actual professional banging on about it. only folk trying to monetize a brand. it's why youtube has become toxic information.

most professional breeders are not allowed to post on youtube etc or they would lose their seedbank contracts.

it's part of the reason you never see real professionals or any breeders whatsoever on this board. none of them stick around to have to answer to this nonsense.

you can buy them for breeding purposes. ruderalis is not a hermie plant on it's own. all it does is self flower, both male and female, without the need for a change in lighting. on it's own it is also not a plant producing thc.

i'm not a fan of autos so much, though i have grown them. it does weaken the overall base genetics

it's strongest trait going forward will be to hermie itself. it's next strongest trait will be to fem. and lastly the least dominant trait will be male.

No one gives their secrets for free I will give you that.

I am not a breeder, but I make my own seed. I know how to propagate genetics I like. Propagation and breeding are two different things.

I stick to my way so far I have been successful in making my own “cultivars”. To each their own right, I’m sure your method works wonders for you.

It’s a controversial subject but it’s still a thing it exists and if people hate bad genetics and/or hermies they should stop buying junk seeds and start researching genetics before growing. Most of what people grow is F1 cross of random money makers. When you get to f10 and you see them for sale… I know that’s not something I want to spend my energy on growing… f10 is a heavy diluted plant that if the breeders are garbage is only passing on over expressed bad and undesirable traits.

:passitleft:

No one gives their secrets for free I will give you that.

I am not a breeder, but I make my own seed. I know how to propagate genetics I like. Propagation and breeding are two different things.

I stick to my way so far I have been successful in making my own “cultivars”. To each their own right, I’m sure your method works wonders for you.

It’s a controversial subject but it’s still a thing it exists and if people hate bad genetics and/or hermies they should stop buying junk seeds and start researching genetics before growing. Most of what people grow is F1 cross of random money makers. When you get to f10 and you see them for sale… I know that’s not something I want to spend my energy on growing… f10 is a heavy diluted plant that if the breeders are garbage is only passing on over expressed bad and undesirable traits.

back to you :passitleft:

the misunderstanding is folk starting with femmed seed. you always start with reg seed, and only use reg females when making femmed seed.

using femmed seed that hermies is what strengthens the trait. using pollen from that plant on itself perpetuates it.

Apple Betty

12hrs later and 1 done :yahoo:

Thank You @Herbies Seeds

PSX_20230609_164128.jpg

@nick Hardy

Recognize the green duct tape? ^^^^;)😂

PSX_20230609_164612.jpg

Took a header before I even got started.
Tripped and almost impaled myself.
A little stiff right now.
I still have 2 in the work shop to trim and lights come on at 5, 10 minutes.
No sign of Seeds at all, none. :thumb:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Apple Betty

12hrs later and 1 done :yahoo:

Thank You @Herbies Seeds

PSX_20230609_164128.jpg

PSX_20230609_164612.jpg

Took a header before I even got started.
Tripped and almost impaled myself.
A little stiff right now.
I still have 2 in the work shop to trim and lights come on at 5, 10 minutes.
No sign of Seeds at all, none. :thumb:

Bill284 😎
Man you have to take your time before you hurt yourself real bad. Slow down brother. I know you are busy but if your hurt you cannot do anything.

Man you have to take your time before you hurt yourself real bad. Slow down brother. I know you are busy but if your hurt you cannot do anything.
I was trying to organize some boxes and lost my balance.
Fell on Apple Betty's Stump with a pointed steak sticking up.
I managed to roll to the side and fall on the concrete.
I'll take the fall over being impaled in the face.
It's just Howie, Charlie and myself.
Could have been a lot worse, so no complaints.
Just have to keep my nose to the grindstone. :rolleyes:
Might get out the bowl trimmer.
Shame but I'm out of time.
Take care Buddy. :high-five:
Thanks. :thanks:

Bill284 😎

I was trying to organize some boxes and lost my balance.
Fell on Apple Betty's Stump with a pointed steak sticking up.
I managed to roll to the side and fall on the concrete.
I'll take the fall over being impaled in the face.
It's just Howie, Charlie and myself.
Could have been a lot worse, so no complaints.
Just have to keep my nose to the grindstone. :rolleyes:
Might get out the bowl trimmer.
Shame but I'm out of time.
Take care Buddy. :high-five:
Thanks. :thanks:

Bill284 😎
Glad your ok

thank god you have a bowl trimmer.
Hey @bluter :ciao:
I have a couple branches of Banana Pudding to trim then it's Super Bowl time.
I'm fading fast, been at it since 1 am.
And I just found a main stem broken in the greenhouse .:hmmmm:
Its been a day. 😂
Hope your doing well my friend. :passitleft:

Bill284 😎

VIVOHUT

Still working away :cheer:

Thank you

@Herbies Seeds

Banana Pudding

PSX_20230609_210839.jpg

PSX_20230609_211324.jpg

Bowl trimmer time.

Bill284 😎

Lolz at the first bluter!
Totally at the second!

I think its important to note the difference in types of breeder.

1# YouTube Breeder

Likely a fraud reutilising stuff posted on message boards (like the guy passed off Shed’s work and tutorials as his own) these are easily spotted - did they ask you to follow them? Because successful breeders don't need YouTube revenue. Sometimes aspirational #2’s start here

#2 Weedz Breedz Bros - Pheno Hunters

“Limited” Releases. Big Events. Graffiti Logos. Hot new strain hyped up. “Secret Dropz” announced on Insta. Seeds can go $50 a pop. Take a popular stable strain breed it 2-3 Gens and get out next years hit release.

#3 Established Farms

Slower release schedule's. One a year but have large scale operations where they can afford a longer pipeline to stabilise the strain for mass market. This is where commercial growers get started. Although they may try out some popular/fashionable strains in a side grow to check stability etc. 50 plants ain’t no thing to commercial at that scale - they need to be sure the 5000 they plant are uniform and consistent.

#4 Pure Breeder

The science guys. University degrees in biology. 30 - 40 years of breeding down through generations. Having the skill when an entire strain is lost to the world how best to recreate it. Global personal contacts of breeders and strains and intercontinental strain swaps - like between Europe and the Americas. Typified by a very small 20 or less list of strains available. Often trade marked brands. The “Go To” type of large scale farmer that doesn’t breed themselves.

Its often where #2 type will start out.

That’s my take on breeders. Some Seed banks grow their own of the #3 and relabel.

Anyways - my take on it. I got time for all but the #1 group and only buy #4 or #3 in that order.
🤷🏽

Nick

Infact I think Res has a suggestion.
Oh, I see what's goin'down... y'all think I'm a know-it-all, that I love the sound of my own, uh, keyboard, that I constantly chime in with, "do this" and "not that". In other words, gatekeeper bullshit! lol!.... Just joking. Hmmm, crap, now I can't remember what it was you thought I had an impending opinion about... lol!
like the guy passed off Shed’s work and tutorials as his own
Fek me! Yo @InTheShed , you want I should whack this creep, or what? Make it hurt? Make it last? You know, as it happens, we have a special on right now for customers looking for the trifecta. Please note, disposal fees are not included in initial quotes, as they require a unique skill set, usually from a second technician. Though perhaps we should call them artists, for they are %100 effective in communicating with third parties when using their favoured medium. Another service we provide is convincing a single person to change their mind about something, or, at least, their behaviour going forward. This too is a special skill set professionally represented in our organization. We have printed brochures we can send you to peruse at your leisure, and we have people ready to take your call and walk you through, step by step, what the options available are, and how to leverage them in your favour.
“Limited” Releases. Big Events. Graffiti Logos. Hot new strain hyped up. “Secret Dropz”
Bingo. :bump: Fekking millennials. ...............Har!:rofl:

OK, serious time. The shoe's on the other foot now, Bill, and I'm not sure which one I'd choose, if forced, between worrying that you're going to fall and seriously hurt yourself, or being the one always falling and hurting myself. I'm in my low vertigo time of the year so I'm not always falling and getting monthly concussions like I do in wintertime. But don't worry, migraines always backfill the space left behind by the absent vertigo, and with extreme prejudice, I might add. They last 12 to 72 hours, and they are often the kind s o bad that you flop around on the bed, howling from the pain (which makes it worse, but there's a pain line, I've discovered, in front of us all that if crossed will cause desperate and often irrational, physical movements to 'escape' the agony, that, if the pain level were merely 10% less, you would simply lie still and quiet until released from it one way or the other. So I can't decide which is worse, feeling like this all the time (for some of the time), or worrying about you having a serious issue, and there is very little I can do. I know what it's really like to be so prone, and I can picture the possibilities, in detail, and then be fekking haunted by them. You can't fob me off with folksy charm and truisms, I've got my eye on you, my friend. I use a tall, ski-pole style walking stick(s) these days and it's saved me from a few doozies.

Now, what the hell was it I was supposed to have comments about again? Ha! Ha!

Back
Top Bottom