VIVOHUT Bill284's New Grow Facility: Featuring VIVOSUN & Herbies Seeds

if you are seeing it on more than one strain it would point to an environment stress. i'm skeptical a single 33c spike would do it though.

Make the 5:2 blend mix with humic acid, that's how you're supposed to apply it. Problem solved!
Yeah, mixing with humates at this ratio is in fact how I use it and I've brought that up here, earlier. However, I'm speaking specifically to the question of strength, and more specifically of a brand of highly concentrated kelp extract that Bill has recently purchased, or rec'd free sample, and I happen to use the same stuff.

That said, thanks for mentioning this topic again. I believe many people could benefit more from their amendments with this knowledge. I read the full study that found a 50% increase in root mass when this ratio was used (as opposed to other ratios using the same products) and it is definitely a legit study, and in fact there have been confirmation studies since. I have been using this ratio in my SIP reservoirs and also in my weekly, ''Microbe Monday'' top-fed mix - as the basis of my microbe tea. (FYI for 'bugs' I use NPK RAW Veg or Flower microbes, ReservoirDog brand worm castings, and a septic field/black water tank inoculation product)
01435801-1400x932.jpg

Myself, I've often treated such 'biological' amendments as having little-to-no ''overfeed threat", that is, stuff like kelp, azomite, my KNF plant extracts, diatomaceous earth, etc etc. Not that I felt it was a free-for-all when it came to this stuff, there's always a need for balance (Thanos was right!), however, by comparison with synthetic elements and synth dry mixes, where a gram-per-gallon error can wipe you out overnight, a somewhat freer hand can be taken with such complex biological resources. The kelp product that he recently bought, however, needs to be treated more like a synth. in this respect due to its concentration level. It is excellent stuff, extracted via yer low-temp enzymatic hydrolysis, its got yer Calcium, yer Magnesium, yer Boron, yer Iron, yer Zinc, and 18% yer soluble potassium.

0.5 gram/gallon (3.78 litres) in a foliar spray and 3-5 gram/gallon for a root drench using Greenleaf's Sea-K

I like this stuff so much that I've given up on my yearly fresh bull kelp harvest, which I would be doing right about now. As a former fishing and whale-watching guide I know where all the local and not-so-local hidy-holes with stupendously rich kelp forests can be found. However, I'm happy to leave it to the fish and other critters who need it to live. My needs (getting ripped) are well met by the stuff in a bag.

Yeah, mixing with humates at this ratio is in fact how I use it and I've brought that up here, earlier. However, I'm speaking specifically to the question of strength, and more specifically of a brand of highly concentrated kelp extract that Bill has recently purchased, or rec'd free sample, and I happen to use the same stuff.

That said, thanks for mentioning this topic again. I believe many people could benefit more from their amendments with this knowledge. I read the full study that found a 50% increase in root mass when this ratio was used (as opposed to other ratios using the same products) and it is definitely a legit study, and in fact there have been confirmation studies since. I have been using this ratio in my SIP reservoirs and also in my weekly, ''Microbe Monday'' top-fed mix - as the basis of my microbe tea. (FYI for 'bugs' I use NPK RAW Veg or Flower microbes, ReservoirDog brand worm castings, and a septic field/black water tank inoculation product)
01435801-1400x932.jpg

Myself, I've often treated such 'biological' amendments as having little-to-no ''overfeed threat", that is, stuff like kelp, azomite, my KNF plant extracts, diatomaceous earth, etc etc. Not that I felt it was a free-for-all when it came to this stuff, there's always a need for balance (Thanos was right!), however, by comparison with synthetic elements and synth dry mixes, where a gram-per-gallon error can wipe you out overnight, a somewhat freer hand can be taken with such complex biological resources. The kelp product that he recently bought, however, needs to be treated more like a synth. in this respect due to its concentration level. It is excellent stuff, extracted via yer low-temp enzymatic hydrolysis, its got yer Calcium, yer Magnesium, yer Boron, yer Iron, yer Zinc, and 18% yer soluble potassium.

0.5 gram/gallon (3.78 litres) in a foliar spray and 3-5 gram/gallon for a root drench using Greenleaf's Sea-K

I like this stuff so much that I've given up on my yearly fresh bull kelp harvest, which I would be doing right about now. As a former fishing and whale-watching guide I know where all the local and not-so-local hidy-holes with stupendously rich kelp forests can be found. However, I'm happy to leave it to the fish and other critters who need it to live. My needs (getting ripped) are well met by the stuff in a bag.
No wonder, proper kelp extract is highly concentrated. I always did 0.6g per liter or 2.2g per gallon foliar 5:2. In coir way less, maybe 2g per 5 gallon. I always check new batches of kelp with an EC meter to compare it to the one I already have.

Mine fizz when I add it, they use potassium hydroxide to make it industrially. That's why some are higher than others in K. Cheers!

Besides stop feken up.:rofl:
Hope everything is going well T.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎
I think less is more. When I grow clones I’m trying to keep the stem strong, strong stem = strong root development. I like a shorter clone, with only a couple of leaves. I also think you’ve over crowed. I’d put a clone in every second grow spot.

So there’s my clone advice :)

All good. Trim on the strawberry started late this afternoon. Some really good 6” nugs/colas trimmed whole. Maybe 8 or so. I love this stuff! 😂 We’re gonna dry a bit more then bag for curing for a few weeks.

Nice timing you said you were fed up with paying the disp for it! You ever see/try that 24 hour water cure? Sounds crazy.

Funny Banner for me too. Mine was from clone but originally I think a Dutch Breeder. Be handy they could breed it in but with no downside. Like the pop up thing you get in some turkeys? Pops up and announces “I’m done! Get me out of here and chop me up because I am done!”

Strawberry, eh?

Nick
Morning Nick.
It's a disaster of epic proportions. :rofl:
Nanners everywhere. :rolleyes:
I have a Method, pretty standard takes a couple weeks at least.
Magic 24 hrs cure sounds dangerous, I can screw up anything lately.
I need help to trim ASAP.
Hope everything is going well Amigo. :high-five:

Bill284 😎

In the bottom of the focused bud I think I spot a fully formed banana. They usually come in pairs. I would pluck, lower feed if you can and continue! Cheers!
If we're only a pair of them fine. :rolleyes:
That MM is covered.
It's freekin beautiful too.
She will ruin her sisters, which are fine??
So that gives me pause.
Why her at day 43 other one day 69 and the rest are fine.
Light issue would effect everyone wouldn't it?
Timber time, chop chop chop. Hehe.
No wonder, proper kelp extract is highly concentrated. I always did 0.6g per liter or 2.2g per gallon foliar 5:2. In coir way less, maybe 2g per 5 gallon. I always check new batches of kelp with an EC meter to compare it to the one I already have.

Mine fizz when I add it, they use potassium hydroxide to make it industrially. That's why some are higher than others in K. Cheers!
I started with. 9 gm/ l in coco for the nutrients and .3 g/l for the kelp to start.
I'm nervous of damage.
I can raise it n9 problem.
Infact I think Res has a suggestion.
Thanks. :thanks:
Appreciate the assistance.
Take care.

Bill284 😎

Morning Nick.
It's a disaster of epic proportions. :rofl:
Nanners everywhere. :rolleyes:
I have a Method, pretty standard takes a couple weeks at least.
Magic 24 hrs cure sounds dangerous, I can screw up anything lately.
I need help to trim ASAP.
Hope everything is going well Amigo. :high-five:

Bill284 😎
Trim and fast dry/cure some, just enough for yourself. Enjoy a couple of hours R&R.

Then,

Deep breaths, little steps.

Trim labour will appear, plans will be made and pay off and the plants will smile.

Have a great Friday buddy.

Nick

(Silly old cheesehead! You not me! Only because you can drop the “old” for me)

I think less is more. When I grow clones I’m trying to keep the stem strong, strong stem = strong root development. I like a shorter clone, with only a couple of leaves. I also think you’ve over crowed. I’d put a clone in every second grow spot.

So there’s my clone advice :)
Thanks T valid points.:thanks: appreciate it.:high-five:
I was over enthusiastic for sure.
And didn't have 100% control of temp and rh.
My clone room was cooler and humid, made it simple. ( previous one)
Me cooking them didn't help .:rofl:
Take care T.:passitleft:

Bill284 😎

Morning Buddy. :ciao:
You can probably see the smoke in my back yard from your place.
Is it hazy there today?
Sounds like you have a great spot there. :yahoo:
Cats are great but I don't let ours outside.
If they got lost Stacey and I would be heartbroken.
That's pretty cool your goes out with you.
What does she do when you catch a fish?
I appreciate the kind words my friend, thank you. :thanks:
But I always say I'm just a friendly beginner.
Even if I have a bunch of girls going.
There's 24 in the VIVOHUT, not including clones and 5 in the greenhouse.
It's a busy day when everyone is drinking like fishes .
But solos aren't bad for now.
I'm switching nutrients aswell, so there's going to be a bit of a learning curve shortly.
Mega Crop in the greenhouse, it's economical and highly recommended.
Hope I don't fek it up.:rofl:
Have a great day my friend.

Bill284 😎
I had a cat 🐈 in Florida that would go nuts when I brought home fish until she got her sushi. lol CL🍀

Trim and fast dry/cure some, just enough for yourself. Enjoy a couple of hours R&R.

Then,

Deep breaths, little steps.

Trim labour will appear, plans will be made and pay off and the plants will smile.

Have a great Friday buddy.

Nick

(Silly old cheesehead! You not me! Only because you can drop the “old” for me)
I have help lined up for Sunday, Stacey is gone til then.
Me and the puppies till then.
It'll be a busy weekend.
Leaves me with that 43 day MM though.
Huge girl, hate to loose her.:rolleyes:
I'm heading out shortly to assess the situation.
I'll m let you know what has progressed.

Bill284 😎

I had a cat 🐈 in Florida that would go nuts when I brought home fish until she got her sushi. lol CL🍀
Hey Cap'n. :ciao::high-five:
I'm not long out of bed , bet your still up.
Not able to sleep tonight?
I'd love to fish in Florida.
Eveer catch shark?
My favorite, salty!
To catch not eat. :rofl:
I should be at work by now, instead of drinking coffee. :nomo:

Bill284 😎

She looks beautiful but yes I see a nanner there, and in your case risk of pollination of all your plants is high. Could it be the spike in temperature?

737D0556-212C-491A-8A7B-AFA04ABF09C0.jpeg
We had that one after last Friday got to 33c, timing is right.
But just those 2 and day 43/69 odd.
Small air pot / big 5 gal bag respectively, so different.
But you are correct that one is covered.
I went and looked really well.
Her and Betty.
Odd?
I'm out there 5am and 5pm lights are exactly on time, every time.
So?👀:rolleyes:
I could throw her in the veg room and switch the timer 12/12.
But they are side by side, pollen gets everywhere.
So probably no point.
Could already be too late.
I gotta get to work.
Take care.
Talk soon. :high-five:

Bill284 😎

Hey Cap'n. :ciao::high-five:
I'm not long out of bed , bet your still up.
Not able to sleep tonight?
I'd love to fish in Florida.
Eveer catch shark?
My favorite, salty!
To catch not eat. :rofl:
I should be at work by now, instead of drinking coffee. :nomo:

Bill284 😎
Yeah I caught a lot of them,Blacktip Sharks. And they are very good eating, no bones. Marinade overnight in Zesty Italian salad dressing and throw them on the grill. Don’t work too hard my friend and good luck with everything. CL🍀

if you are seeing it on more than one strain it would point to an environment stress. i'm skeptical a single 33c spike would do it though.
I didn't think so either.
So that leaves the light which I check religiously every day at 5. :rolleyes:
Where's my snips?
Enough is enough!
It's time to chop.
Hope your having a nice morning my friend.
Take care.

Bill284 😎

VIVOHUT

First on the block

Apple Betty

5933AD74-FD4D-49D1-B2B6-E2150DEB4749.jpeg

She is a mess without any support.
Broke a set of snips trying to chop her.
Proper update soon as I trim three girls. :thumb:

Bill284 😎

It's a disaster of epic proportions. Nanners everywhere.

that would lean into junky genetics more than environment. i'm thinking it's nothing you did. more and more we are seeing shit genetics being sold and propagated.

pretty soon we'll all be growing nothing but hermies and telling ourselves it's the natural order.

edit : at some point the breeders and seed sellers will get their shit together. if it keeps going this way we won't need them. if everything hermies and makes seed anyway why would we throw cash away on them ?

i'd let the seedbank know or tag them in on the thread.

that would lean into junky genetics more than environment. i'm thinking it's nothing you did. more and more we are seeing shit genetics being sold and propagated.

pretty soon we'll all be growing nothing but hermies and telling ourselves it's the natural order.

edit : at some point the breeders and seed sellers will get their shit together. if it keeps going this way we won't need them. if everything hermies and makes seed anyway why would we throw cash away on them ?

i'd let the seedbank know or tag them in on the thread.

I second your statement there, some of the genetics out there are garbage, its so over done the hybridisation of multiple garbage gene pools... I personally dont have anything against hermies, Its a trait that can be breed out or controlled... my problem is when a breeder has to put out a new "strain" because of pure pressure to make money then they dump all that wack genetics with almost research not even a sequence of generations to try to give customers something somewhat stable...

One nanner in late bloom is most likely to be a stress related consequence, multiple nanners and thats on the genetics...

We had that one after last Friday got to 33c, timing is right.
But just those 2 and day 43/69 odd.
Small air pot / big 5 gal bag respectively, so different.
But you are correct that one is covered.
I went and looked really well.
Her and Betty.
Odd?
I'm out there 5am and 5pm lights are exactly on time, every time.
So?👀:rolleyes:
I could throw her in the veg room and switch the timer 12/12.
But they are side by side, pollen gets everywhere.
So probably no point.
Could already be too late.
I gotta get to work.
Take care.
Talk soon. :high-five:

Bill284 😎

Dont beat yourselves up for one nanner or two brother, you have a lot going on, hard to keep it tight. My only concern probably your as well, did that pollen sack open and spread. I hope not.

happy growing Bill, TGIF
take'er easy
:passitleft:

i know two growers who now hermie 100% of their grows. if the plant is stable it gets pollinated by the others anyway. one has not bought seed in 3 yrs.

Back
Top Bottom