Voodoo's 600W Top Fed Rdwc SCROG Random Strain

I cant get enough of looking at this
IMAG09244.jpg

the supercropped plant 4 days after the big snap. The breaks seem to be setting Ive tried to limit moving the plant to help them stay set in place.
IMAG09263.jpg

What I would consider some good bends.
IMAG09283.jpg

IMAG09295.jpg

and not so much...
IMAG09305.jpg

IMAG09273.jpg

In general she is doing great! a lot of the lower growth was yellowing due to lack of light from the cfl and very straggly but it has greened right up and the whole plant has a lot more vigour.

The new vegging area. Roughly 4x4x4 some lighting upgrades will be needed but not sure what yet possibly some more 48w cfls. 4 inch extraction. I found some sound proofing panels ducting and black plastic in a construction site bin... ok they were next to it.... ok im sure there was a bin somewhere.
IMAG09363.jpg

IMAG09316.jpg

IMAG09352.jpg

IMAG09335.jpg

Mom is recovering nice and steady Voodoo :thumb:

>>>An interesting link to an article on beneficial bacteria (PGPR's plant growth promoting rhizobacteria).https://ucce.ucdavis.edu/files/reposi...1p15-62691.pdf

As for beneficial bacteria (AKA 'bennies'), they are something that I feel could be more good for your plant than anything. I decided to use 'bennies' in my hydro setup and I can say, with my recent pH fluctuations and slightly warm temps, my roots are still white as ever!

You should read this article about a Live Vs Sterile Environment ;)

Yep got that one covered AG I am a quiet in the back row Cap'n fan. Since joining this site I have wished I read his work earlier but next time round I am planning on immitating his setups Bennies included. I am always looking for the why and info connecting theories portrayed in MJ growing and proven agriculture techniques is assuring that such theories are proven on a larger scale. Any and all other info/links are appreciated. Especially on the uses of bennies teas etc. Its still all new to me.

Im waking up in a sweat after having nightmares of 4x4ft of mouldy buds. RH is hanging around the 65% mark. These buds are just so packed in they are starting to stick leaves together and everything. So out came the scissors again this time light was not the determining factor I had to get some air gaps going. Other than that they are doing well, still got a while to go calyxs aren't even looking like swelling yet just a lot of hairy fluff.
Moms doin great no big knots forming as yet but they do seem mostly set where they are almost all growth is now pointing to the light. Added an extra 48w cfl to her lighting, now shes basking...

I gave three clones of my girls in rockwool to a buddy of mine. He put them in an identical tent setup as mine except in 5 gal pots filled with hydroton and a constant recirculating top feed. He is seeing some HUGE growth differences combined with a fair amount of stretch. Its late week three and they are filling his tent. WTF? I am happy with my results thus far but i seriously have to rethink my system. everything i read uses dwc as a benchmark for extreme growth and frankly i just haven't seen it. I am in no way blaming the system merely my usage of it.
I have learnt a lot since starting this endeavour and im keen to put this knowledge to good use in my next serious indoor grow which wont be until after summer, Im not hanging too much hope on being able to finish flowering the mom as temps may just make it impossible but well see.

A few of my fresh seed stock are starting to show sex took out the first couple of males it looks like I may have at least 4 or so more. I wish I could get some better shots but it seems the males are showing a rounded almost prism looking main tip with the balls developing on the lower tips later, where as the females keep a similar looking main tip with the hairs becoming visible. Ive never tried sexing such young plants so its a good learning experience. I think once they have all shown I will repot the best females and turn them back to veg ready for some clones at a later date.

Good weed LA! I don't know about a carpet but it sure is becoming a good lil rug!
Week 5 since flip. Res change tonight full dose of swell 2.0 ec 5.8 ph. No swelling yet lots of hairs though smelly and heaps of trichs just need em to fatten up! Oh that dose of P in swell seemed to do the trick on those red stems too. Definately fading. Leads me to think the base nutes of cyco could be lacking a little P ??

That's right AG.
the analysis goes:

Guaranteed Analysis for Bloom Part A:
Total Nitrogen (N)...................................3%
3% Nitrate Nitrogen
Soluble Potash (K2O).............................. 2%
Calcium (Ca)........................................3%
Magnesium (Mg)................................0.6%

Derived From:
Potassium Nitrate, Calcium Nitrate
Magnesium EDTA (ethylenediaminetetraacetic)

Guaranteed Analysis for Bloom Part B:
Total Nitrogen (N)...................................1%
1% Nitrate Nitrogen
Available Phosphate (P2O5)...................5%
Soluble Potash (K2O)..............................6%

Derived From:
Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate

Guaranteed Analysis for Swell
Total Nitrogen (N)..................................1%
1% Nitrate Nitrogen

Available Phosphate (P2O5)..................5%
Soluble Potash (K2O).............................3%
Magnesium (Mg)..................................1%

Derived From:
Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate,
Magnesium Nitrate

So...here I go with the noob stuff. would that make my bloom a+b a total N/P/K of 4/5/8 ??? And then if I add swell in equal proportions, which it is very close, does that bring me to an approximate n/p/k of 5/10/11 ?? or is my logic way off.
You opened up a can of worms AG LOL.
I suppose it is recommended that you run potash through the first 5 weeks of flower which would make up for the lack of P in the bloom but it leads me to wonder why not just have more in the base nutes in the first place. But I guess this train of thought is leading down a dark path of marketing strategies and consumer blackmail. I guess to obtain the best from any nutes you must purchase the full range use as directed and then make a judgement.

5-10-11 would be correct of the NPK value. It is directly correlated to the % of each element in the solution, so you are right!

I completely agree with you about marketing strategies of these companies. Their recommended mixes always seem to have you re adjusting to get the right amount of each element at each stage of growth.

As you can see the buds still have a lot of filling out to do but otherwise coming along nicely.
Some interesting points that Ive found with the supercropping, try not to break the outer skin of the branches. I didn't on most when doing the actual break but with the weight hanging on that weak section it tends to open tears in the stem. Ive found that if you tape them in such a position as to support the stem where you want it set it repairs much quicker than one left to support its weight and heal itself. I also believe the tape would in a small way help prevent bad bacteria/mould/moisture entering the wound site. Obviously the lightest breaks healed quickest. but some of the wounds left untreated are still trying to heal.

Back
Top Bottom