Weenmeoff's Inside Soil Alien Abduction Grow Journal

Thanks Rad! If I do a SCROG it's gotta be porta SCROG since I don't know the sex of these plants. I am going to flip my clones very soon. I've only seen one tiny sign of a root so should probably wait until I see more roots. At that point, should I transplant to a bigger pot before I flip, my solo cups are only 1/2 filled with soil.

I just read a 5 page thread about SCROG and learned a few things; I need to do porta SCROG because I can't really flush in my tent and if any plants are males then it will be a major pita to remove. I also read it's better to SCROG from clones vs seeds.

Thanks Rad! If I do a SCROG it's gotta be porta SCROG since I don't know the sex of these plants. I am going to flip my clones very soon. I've only seen one tiny sign of a root so should probably wait until I see more roots. At that point, should I transplant to a bigger pot before I flip, my solo cups are only 1/2 filled with soil.

I just read a 5 page thread about SCROG and learned a few things; I need to do porta SCROG because I can't really flush in my tent and if any plants are males then it will be a major pita to remove. I also read it's better to SCROG from clones vs seeds.

Clones are more awkward to train than seeds because of the alternate branching of mature plants. A scrog can train both types equally well :)

You had described a porta scrog with your tomato cage base. Sounded like an excellent choice to me :)

I need your help again, like a lost cat to a saucer of milk.

I am planning on flipping my clones tonight to check for sex and have a few questions.

My dog crate space is not light tight so I was going to use the air conditioner bow in the photo below. Dark period will be from 9pm to 9am and the box will be closed and in a closed closet, I'm pretty confident it will keep the light out. My 1st question is will the plants be OK without ventilation/airflow? I plan on opening the box when the lights are on.

Should I leave the humidity domes on them or take them off?

Is it OK to leave them in the solo cups for this?

I really appreciate all of your help!

image37014.jpg

I need your help again, like a lost cat to a saucer of milk.

I am planning on flipping my clones tonight to check for sex and have a few questions.

My dog crate space is not light tight so I was going to use the air conditioner bow in the photo below. Dark period will be from 9pm to 9am and the box will be closed and in a closed closet, I'm pretty confident it will keep the light out. My 1st question is will the plants be OK without ventilation/airflow? I plan on opening the box when the lights are on.

Should I leave the humidity domes on them or take them off?

Is it OK to leave them in the solo cups for this?

I really appreciate all of your help!

image37014.jpg

I'll take a stab at answers:

Leaving them in the solo cups is good, better than slowing them down a few days by transplantng

Dome on / dome off doesn't matter. They look happy with dome on.

Considering they are already under a dome, with restricted airflow, you should be fine for ventilation during the dark period.

- -

Sexing them may take longer than a week. From your earlier pictures, the branches are in symetrical pairs. I use alternate branching and preflowers as signs of sexual maturity, and the clones aren't quite there yet.

If you go 11 on / 13 off you are sending a stronger signal to start flowering than 12 on / 12 off.

Hello Weenmeoff!! Always a late comer but here I am and subbed up for the rest of your journey sir:high-five: Your plants look super healthy and is making me jealous. I really hope you get those clones to be female, it would be really awesome and it will save you a bunch of time rather than starting from seed again. I do hope the poor doggy has another place to sleep :laughtwo: it is an awesome idea and will help with separate vegging. have you decided if you going to go CFL for that one? I would line the whole cage with reflective material if you do decide for CFL to get the most from the light from it.

But that car though..........:drool:

Pat :grinjoint:

Hello Weenmeoff!! Always a late comer but here I am and subbed up for the rest of your journey sir:high-five: Your plants look super healthy and is making me jealous. I really hope you get those clones to be female, it would be really awesome and it will save you a bunch of time rather than starting from seed again. I do hope the poor doggy has another place to sleep :laughtwo: it is an awesome idea and will help with separate vegging. have you decided if you going to go CFL for that one? I would line the whole cage with reflective material if you do decide for CFL to get the most from the light from it.

But that car though..........:drool:

Pat :grinjoint:

Welcome aboard Pat! Thanks for the kind words! I haven't used the crate except to store my guitars on for years, doggy sleeps right next to me. I have 2 Mars hydro LEDs on the way and will use them plus a couple CFLS if I can keep the heat down. I do have a couple reflective dash board protectors purchased at the dollar store which should line the cage pretty good.

I love my charger and will probably have to go for a rip today since the weather is very nice. :woohoo::woohoo:

So the runt is now officially the biggest and healthiest of the 3.

image37023.jpg

I have a few leaves that have some odd spots

image37024.jpg

#3 was already yellowing but now #2 is too, since my last watering. I had some issues getting the PH right, I went down up down and settled with about 7. Next water is a feeding, maybe that will help...? I'm not to concerned about it just yet. My first feeding was at 1/3 strength, what should I go up to 1/2?

image37022.jpg

Question about the clones, they've been on 13/11 for a day and 1/2. I still have not seen roots except the one small one poking out the bottom. So my question is about feeding, should they get bloom Nutes at 1/4 or 1/3 strength or veg Nutes?

Would love to see a Charger in person one day still, sounds like you enjoy drives with the car like I do with my SV650 bike :laughtwo: I have been looking at those LEDs but to get them here in SA is a real back breaker, not to mention they cost more than half my salary a month for one :trance:

Why not try the Mars Led lights? They are like $70 on eBay and are approx 140 true watts for the small one which is fine for a 1-2 plants.

Joe

Thanks Joe! Any thoughts on the Nutes ? For the clones?

I don't use any nutrients when I clone, at least at first. I cut the clone and dip the end into Clonex and then into coco pellets which look just like peat pellets which also work. I keep them in a tray of RO water for about two weeks under a light cycle dependent on whether they will stay indoors or go outside. After two weeks I plant the clone, pellet and all into a 1/2 gallon pot, in Fox Farm Happy Frog soil which will keep it feed until it's time to move outdoors or begin its indoor feeding schedule. I use Aptus Baseboost outdoors as its a time release and finish with wood ash and bat guano during flower. I also like the fox farm trip indoors and General hydroponics Maxi-Gro and Maxi Bloom which is fool proof. There are lots of options for nutrients, just don't be fooled by fancy labeling, etc. Many folks do great with Jacks Classic or Jacks Classicote for outdoor or guerilla time release grows. Jacks works indoors too and they also make a hydro nutrient. If you want to go organic I suggest Earth Juice.

Joe

Forgot, I use Great White mycorizae every time I clone, add a germinated seed to soil, or transplant. I also use Clonex too but human saliva works well too as a rooting hormone when cloning.

Thanks again Joe! I took the clones 9 days ago so I could check sex. Someone mentioned that clones need Nutes once the roots have taken so I was wondering if they should get Bloom since I flipped them or regular veg Nutes and what strength?

Sounds like your doing a SOG, Sea of Green, with these clones. IF they were taken from a female plant as all clone should be then they will all be females. If you didn't sex the mother plant and its a male all the clones will be males too. I use soil that already has nutrients in it which is the safest bet to not burn the clones, especially if your new to a nutrient and the strain being feed. Some strains for example will take full strength and others will burn at full strengths. A safe bet is to start with 1/4 of the recommended strength and then 1/2. I've never burned anything at 1/2 strength with Fox Farms but it would be easier I use GH Maxigro or Bloom as they are super easy to mix with just one scoop into the water jug and done. If the clones are to be flipped to flower then use flowering nutrients. If it were me I would add some wood ash, as in ash out of a fire place, and some "P" bat guano, and some worm castings but easy on the nitrogen during flower, you want more P & K.

If you want to use nutes get some GH MaxiBloom which is only like $15 and that's all you need. Start at 1/4 strength and move up if they seem fine. I like the Maxi line because it has all the micronutrients needed Cal & Mag so it's all you really need.

Joe

I started with bag seeds so I am cloning to find out the sex. I have a starter pack of Nutes which covers all cycles of the grow. The clones look really healthy and never dropped at all so Nutes may not be needed yet but they are in very little soil, 1/2 a solo cup or less. Just need to see some pistils so I know which mothers are good to go. Here is a pic of them today.

image37026.jpg

Looking good Joe. Congrats on the harvest!

I did a little Lst today simply pulling them down further to open them up and may have inadvertently super cropped one of them. It was the runt and if I only get one female, I hope it's this one, it's gonna be a beast.

Back
Top Bottom