Weenmeoff's Inside Soil Alien Abduction Grow Journal

There's this wicked sense of power that comes with advanced LST. :laughtwo: You started well grasshopper. Lol!

Thanks Sue! Pretty much everything I know, I learned here, :420: still a lot to learn.

It's only been like 12 hours since I started Lst and swear I can see a nice difference. I did punch one fan per plant, look at all the new tops. Let me know if you see anything that doesn't look right.

Rock on!

image36956.jpg

image36957.jpg

image36958.jpg

I went ahead and cloned so I can flip them to 12/12 once the roots take. I used clear solo cups 1/2 filled with soil and a solo cup with holes for a top. They are on a heating pad in a dark closet.

I read somewhere they should not get light for 24-48 hours. Do you agree with this or should I get a light on them? When I turn the light on, should it be 18/6, 20/4 pr 24?

Thanks!

image36968.jpg

image36969.jpg

I would say get light on them. I've only cloned with my diy aero cloner and my lights on 24/7 I'm sure there's others who recommend 20/4 or 18/6 but I don't think the 24-48 hours of darkness is necessary imo. Good luck I hope you get some roots on them

Thanks Dirt! I'm letting them get very low light by keeping the closet door opened and am gonna wait until 24 hours is up before I put a CFL on them but not too close.

I read a thread on how to clone which suggested that if you ask 10 people how to clone you would probably get 10 different methods. A few people mention the dark period which kinda made sense, one quote below.

When I do my clones... I do my cuts and place them in PH 6.6 water right away so the cut part does not start to heal its self. Then I put them in a dark place for about three days. This helps the plant with the shock of being cut. When a new clone is placed under harsh light it is not working on the rooting. After bringing them back out of the dark space, place them in to the rockwool, rapid rooters or seedling soil. I learned not to place the clones under harsh light. I use T8's

I would say get light on them. I've only cloned with my diy aero cloner and my lights on 24/7 I'm sure there's others who recommend 20/4 or 18/6 but I don't think the 24-48 hours of darkness is necessary imo. Good luck I hope you get some roots on them

I have my clones under T5 CFLs on the same lighting schedule as the vegging plants.
My seedlings and smaller plants are on a coffee table at 6-10" from the lights.
My rooting clones bucket is on a block of wood on the floor (next to the coffee table) at 24-30" from the lights.

Ok thanks again Rad. gonna stick to the plan and start lights tonight. They're getting very low light now.

May they all take root and be females.....
I hope you get females also bud! Our clones we went 24/0 until we noticed roots. We even got a clone from a 6 weeks in flower girl to take. 2 weeks with 24/0 and they all had awesome roots. We had success that way so we won't be changing it. Like you said, everyone has their own ways to do things. Find a way that works and stick to it. Also, I read somewhere that you can sex clones before they even take. No idea how that is possible but it could be worth checking out. Keep up the good work.

I hope you get females also bud! Our clones we went 24/0 until we noticed roots. We even got a clone from a 6 weeks in flower girl to take. 2 weeks with 24/0 and they all had awesome roots. We had success that way so we won't be changing it. Like you said, everyone has their own ways to do things. Find a way that works and stick to it. Also, I read somewhere that you can sex clones before they even take. No idea how that is possible but it could be worth checking out. Keep up the good work.

Ok, they're under lights now. It's only been a day but they still look good, fingers crossed.

It's only been about 40 hours since I took the clones and I already have a very good feeling about them, they look really good as a matter of fact, one of them was a little droopy and has perked right up! I am a little concerned about one of the donors which has since started turning a little yellow, maybe 75% of it while the rest remains green as do the other donors. I am guessing it was a little shocked from the clipping and hope for a rebound.

image36975.jpg

Back
Top Bottom