Weenmeoff's Inside Soil Alien Abduction Grow Journal

Hi just a quick note...i tried a clear 1 litre bottle of pop cut the top off...turned it upside down to act as a dome.....used a paper hole punch punched a few holes around the bottom perimeter and punched a hole in one corner of the top...(which was the bottom of the bottle to act as air vents) put it over the plant in the pot and took 2 pieces of paper stapled them together to form a tube and slid that over around the pop bottle to act as a white reflector and directed 1 light over the top just a regular cfl or a low priced grow light (flood) and had great experience with that...remember to lift the dome off once a day to let fresh air in and you might have to rinse the pop bottle to remove moisture but made a great little hot house for me...lol...when it outgrew that it was ready for a regular life under the lights....but to start them off this worked great for me....hope it works for you too.

Was this post meant for my Journal? Possibly in reference to clones? I otherwise can't figure out how it relates to my journal...?

whoops...im really sorry..new to the forum..i was reading so many posts i failed to realize this was a Journall...im really sorry for intruding on it with my experience...i will delete as soon as i can figure out how

Thanks again Hoz! There are directions for soil and hydro. What I was really asking, is if I want to go organic like with no chemicals, should I be using something different like worm castings, bat guano etc...? I will just use these since I have them.

I can't help much. My first grow I did the Biobizz bottled organics - good yields nad average taste and potncy. I spent lots of time worrying and mixing nutes and thinking about more nutes. And bubbling compost teas.

Since that first grow, I mixed up some soil and grew with water only. Now that I have 2-3 runs on the soil, add worm castings from my worm bin and water. My yields vary a lot but I usually get 3-5 oz per month. The taste is magnificent and the potency is higher clones of the original plants. I feel I will do better if I add in some foliar sprays in flowering based on what Bobrown14 does - but I wanted to get a good feel for water only growing so I could see for myself the differences when I added in foliar nutrition.

Not sure if I will go GLR, need to read more. It would be nice to see some journals of those that use it but didn't see GLR in any journal titles but also didn't look to hard, will keep looking.

I don't know of anyone who does an indoor veg under gaslight. I searched journals and didn't see gaslight in titles either. Most people veg for the longer light cycles 24/0, 20/4, 18/6 or 16/8. The general wisdom is more light means faster growth - especially with bottled nutes to keep up with explosive growth.

For me, the main use of a gaslight routine would be for outdoors when the days are short (now.) If you have lights come on in the middle of the night, it will keep your plants from going into flower until you are ready - or until the summer days are long enough.

Last May I put out basil, beans, and thyme that were vegged indoors. They immediately went into flower giving me bean plants that produced 4-5 beans per plant and basil with 50 leaves. An hour of light in the middle of the night might have prevented this. The thyme is a true perennial and revegged after flowering. (I brought the thyme indoors for the winter, so she given me three harvests of thyme leaves in one year.)

Based on the pics, can any of you very helpful people suggest when to start FIMing, topping or training, etc...?

Rock on!

Fimming, topping and training generally start after 3 pairs or 4 pairs of leaves.
With mature clones where the leaves alternate, I have started at about 5" tall.

Awesome thanks again Radogast! So it seems like my plants are ready then. I'll try to read up but am happy to listen to any advice, to FIM, top, train or a combo. I have a rather tall tent and I only have 3 plants but that number could go down once I clone for sex.

Rock on!

OK, so I read a little and decided to go ahead and FIM. I did 2 of 3.

image36914.jpg

Looking for feeding/watering advice. It's been about two weeks since I transplanted into the 5 gallon buckets and I split 1 gallon of water with transplant solution that came in my nutrient starter pack between the 3 at that time. I read on this site that I don't need to worry about feeding until the end of the 3rd week and my plants look healthy.

My questions are:

Should I wait another week before feeding and if I wait, should I give them some water to hold them over?
How many gallons should I give each plant? Approx? Or should I feed/water until it's coming out the bottom.
Plants are about 5-6 weeks old, should I start the nutes at 50% solution or less?

Sorry so many questions, I try to read up in the how to grow MJ section but quickly get confused. I should probably go by super noob questions McGee.

Thanks a lot for all of your help!

Rock on!

My questions are:
Should I wait another week before feeding and if I wait, should I give them some water to hold them over?
How many gallons should I give each plant? Approx? Or should I feed/water until it's coming out the bottom.
Plants are about 5-6 weeks old, should I start the nutes at 50% solution or less?
You can give the m 1/3 strength nutes, but yes you should certainly water.
1 quart of water to start and you should see it coming out the bottom (ensures water to all the roots)
Keep asking good questions!!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I had the lights at 75% and turned them up to 100% this am, in about an hour the temp went from 75 to 82 so I raised the lights by about 3 inches. I'm gonna add another fan too.

I FIMed the 3rd plant last night, I wish I had done this sooner, next time. All 3 fim's.

image36929.jpg

image36928.jpg

image36930.jpg

Lookin good ween! I wasn't a fan of the FIM but now I know I can clip the FIM off later and have a clone. 2 for 1 every time. :woohoo:

Thanks Nismo! That is a bonus for me since I need to clone for sex, I'm itching to find out which ones are female. Approximately how long until I can clip the FIM! 10 days?

Thanks Nismo! That is a bonus for me since I need to clone for sex, I'm itching to find out which ones are female. Approximately how long until I can clip the FIM! 10 days?
We waited a couple of weeks. But we didn't have to do it for sexing reasons. I would say 2 weeks. But it all depends on how big the FIM is.

If you wish to encourage tignter nodes and see the new leaves better, you can practise leaf spreading.

With one finger centered each of the emerging fan leaves, press genty down towards horizontal - gently. I usually do 3 reps (I call them bounces) in 3-4 seconds starting with the lower pairs of partially opened leaves. I do this 1 to several times a day until the leaves are fully opened.

I this photo, I would do the top 2 pairs of leaves.

Back
Top Bottom