Welcome To Archie’s Indoor/Outdoor Perpetual Garden

Hmm very interesting.. one could also give autoflowers extra light. Very intriguing.
Yes, I've already got a raised bed above the pool, thats where I'd like to do my grow, but I gotta figure out what's been eating my plants first. I'm thinking might be caterpillars too.
Yeah I’m super curious what’s eating your plants man
Acreage too! I'll get on that :).
:cheesygrinsmiley:
If it's caterpillars they will still be on your plant so you should inspect closely. Otherwise it could be grasshoppers or carpenter bees (the big black or brown ones) or even wasps.
Yeah I didn’t realize some grasshoppers like cannabis. I gotta keep the eyes peeled for them rascals.

YeP! - gets referrred to as “Light Dep” method (light deprivation). It would be an awesome way to grow. I then about it a lot - so probably one day. But not any day soon. I know of folks who have done it manually, with tarps, which seems a lot of physical effort that I dont have access to, but if you can, it really works. It’s probably the superior way to grow outdoors - plants stay protected, using the sun for light, can start the flowering season when you need to :)

Thanks for the links Felipe! :thumb:

I like this system - i dream about some version of this one...

If you were fit and hale - a manual one like this that just goes from one side to the other (not up to the centre) would be quite easy if the GH wasn’t too big. Aspirations...

Ooh - like this!

Search “light dep” at YouTube and you’ll see lots of options :)
Wow... that opens up a lot of possibilities. If I had more property to work with I’d be getting real serious about the light dep.
WHAT UP JORGE!!!!!!!
:rofl:
Did someone say guacamole? Awesome, congrats on the NOTM, that stuff is awesome.

:passitleft:
Why thank you Doob, super pumped for your trip to Hawaii man!
@Amy Gardner :passitleft:
I was actually thinking of something like his “golden arm”, but for my 6’w x 6’l x 7’h greenhouse.
But a 12’ x 60’? Not in this lifetime! o_O
Your little greenhouse sounds nice, any pics?

didn’t realize some grasshoppers like cannabis. I gotta keep the eyes peeled for them rascals.

Remember this little buddy the White Widow had?

full

full

I never did anything to kill them - just pulled them off by hand and threw them out of the area. There were lots on teh garden but only ever one or two on the plant. A nibble here and there but nothing really destructive at all - this time anyway :)

Here ya go:

I picked it up on Ama$on for $120 in Dec 17. Doesn’t take up much room. Gets hot (106F once), but the cannabis within grows without complaint.
Ahh yeah that’s the perfect size for a little greenhouse personal grow. How many plants do you try to stick too in there?
And re-grows as well ;).
Shed we don’t need acreage for that little fellow!
Nice photography!
:nomo:
Just the tip of the iceberg :adore:
Hey Archie! We’re almost out of guac out here. I’m going for some more chips..
:ganjamon:
Oof sorry Felipe, this hi Brix Blueberry puts me out every time I smoke it... :rofl: I’ll make bacon and guacamole fat bombs once I get some coffee bro lol.
View media item 1677061
That is Awesome!!!!!!
IKR let’s see them rats gnaw through that! Disclaimer: they probably could :oops:
Love the little GH...... :thumb:
Yeah the greenhouse would give more control.....I actually have a great spot for one of those.

Is that a kevlar green house?

We have rats around too, but they have never molested the greenhouse. The material is actually woven, so it’s stronger than just plastic sheeting.

I’ll make bacon and guacamole fat bombs once I get some coffee bro lol.
full
Oh man! :drool:If you ever hoped I would leave, forget it now!

How many plants do you try to stick too in there?
I can fit the CA legal limit of 6 plants. Someone else could maybe get 8 to 10, but it will get crowded. Humidity can get pretty high with a lot of green in there.

Here’s a photo of the woven polyester.

Now, I’m not saying a rat (or swamp wallaby) won’t find (or gnaw) a way in, but it sure keeps the neighbors from monitoring the details of your grow.
Yeah that’s a solid point man! Nice :high-five:

Update
Here’s the Friday report. Lots of stuff to distract me lately but I got the bed done and I should have a good start on the soil I need for my little veggie bed. I found a visitor this morning too!
I emptied the soil from the previous grow back into my cleaned out tote. I’ll need to amend it with first run before using it again this fall. Cheers and have a great weekend all!
View media item 1677268
View media item 1677269

Back
Top Bottom