Welcome To My New Journal - OMMSOG

That is some very useful information. I really did print it out. Very interested in the moisture distribution method! Thanks! :bravo:
:thanks:

Thank God, I will be completely off the meds in less than 2 weeks. This was a very hard treatment on me. That is why I said **F** it. I need a vacation after all this shit I put my family and myself through. It was a successful treatment but very costly. I am not sure if it was worth it.

OMM better be in great shape.... He promised me he would take me surfing and Cliff Jumping!! Just kidding! :circle-of-love:

Cool ! I can teach you the near death experience while surfing at sandy beach.

With all these mountains, it's easy to find a place to jump.Just look for skeletons below.

Cool ! I can teach you the near death experience while surfing at sandy beach.

With all these mountains, it's easy to find a place to jump.Just look for skeletons below.
arent you supposed to get one of tiki idol things to wear around your neck before you do that? I thought I saw Greg Brady do that on T.V back in the 70s:high-five:

Sandy Beach! I even like the sound of it!! ¡Ay, caramba!

I remember that episode of the bradys!! Ha! I think the tiki idol almost killed him while he was surfing!! LoL!!

That was back in the days when an oz of weed was 10 to 15 dollars and half the bag was seeds!!

Sandy Beach! I even like the sound of it!! ¡Ay, caramba!

I remember that episode of the bradys!! Ha! I think the tiki idol almost killed him while he was surfing!! LoL!!

That was back in the days when an oz of weed was 10 to 15 dollars and half the bag was seeds!!

First Hawaiian Rule.............don't get in the water...........if the local folks are not in the water!

They know sh*t we don't. I didn't know this the first time I went to Sandy Beach, a shame, that!

So I waded in....new bathing suit,,,,new flippers.....new Buggy Board......paddled out and got a ride......then I looked down to the sand 10 feet below....Holy Sh*t! Buggy Board one way...flippers another...and I went face first into the sand. Crap! What was worst all the local guys were high five ing and laughing their asses off!
:smokin:

Of course, that was long ago.

First Hawaiian Rule.............don't get in the water...........if the local folks are not in the water!

They know sh*t we don't. I didn't know this the first time I went to Sandy Beach, a shame, that!

So I waded in....new bathing suit,,,,new flippers.....new Buggy Board......paddled out and got a ride......then I looked down to the sand 10 feet below....Holy Sh*t! Buggy Board one way...flippers another...and I went face first into the sand. Crap! What was worst all the local guys were high five ing and laughing their asses off!
:smokin:

Of course, that was long ago.

:rofl:
:popcorn::adore::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You made me fall off my chair with that one!!

arent you supposed to get one of tiki idol things to wear around your neck before you do that? I thought I saw Greg Brady do that on T.V back in the 70s:high-five:

Greg Brady was a smart man!!:rofl::rofl:

Phew!! Caught up again...I think...still not sure. I love the cure process posted by MS and MsMe! I actually printed it out. Excellent Info!!

Just so you know. I am a big fan of baby back ribs too!! LoL!!

Feeling sick these last few days. This medication the doctor has me on says to stay out of the sun. I am not afraid of sunburn so I ignored. Now I Know to stay out of the sun. Only a few weeks to go and no more hep c meds! Yeah!!

We learn by doing! :ganjamon::Rasta:

That's great news about the biopsy, glad he got it all off. Yeah, that's the name of my journal but I don't know what the hell is going on with the link. I used the guide that Astonr420 provided which worked before. Some of my other links stopped working too. I will correct this later on, have to go out and run a few errands. I am using Chrome for my browser.

OMM i am sorrry but u NEED to visit my journal and bring some love/conversation over there!
I find myself always in here sometimes i neglect mine!

hahahahahaha

but this is where all the good info is.. cant wait to try that cure process.. i gotta about a week til it happens! i was really considering low humidity 40-50% to dry.. but this seems much bettter!

OMM, I hope you don't mind me posting this, but this is what I use and it has worked and still works great for me. I was always concerned with overdrying and this lets me regulate that without issue.

@MissBud, I hope you were referring to me and if so thanks you are spot on in mho :thumb:
I have posted this a couple of times, but not in my current journal. So here goes.

This is what I do and it has always worked so well for me and I always use glass jars that have sealable top

open air from 48 to 60hrs - depends on temp/humidity
seal'em up for 12hrs
open air from 24 to 36hrs - depends on temp/humidity
seal'em up for 6hrs - with this one I then put a hydrometer in there with them so I can get a good reading - I take notes at the beginning and then again at the end.
open air from 12 to 24hrs depending on last reading from hydrometer
seal'em up from 3 to 6hrs to watch humidity if good then leave in jars and burp until humidity becomes stable and then jar them for the rest of their lives which never amounts to much time as they are soooo gooood! LOL

I then like to ultimately let them cure for at least a couple weeks checking on humidity and burping as necessary to keep a stable humidity so below is what I use as my humidity guidelines:

+70% RH - too wet, needs to sit outside the jar to dry for 12-24 hours, depending.
65-70% RH - the product is almost in the cure zone, if you will. It can be slowly brought to optimum RH by opening the lid for 2-4 hours.
60-65% RH - the stems snap, the product feels a bit sticky, and it is curing
55-60% RH - at this point it can be stored for an extended period (3 months or more) without worrying about mold. The product will continue to cure.

Below 55% RH - the RH is too low for the curing process to take place. The product starts to feel brittle. Once you've hit this point, nothing will make it better. Adding moisture won't restart the curing process; it will just make the product wet.

:peace:

This is damn near the EXACT method I use for my cure. Hang'em till they snap, then straight into jars for curing. and almost exactly the same intervals. Great minds.......

This is damn near the EXACT method I use for my cure. Hang'em till they snap, then straight into jars for curing. and almost exactly the same intervals. Great minds.......

No doubt my friend. I have pieced this together from different sources over time and it works great for me. I always hate over drying cuz you can't fix that, but this way they stay very even all the way to the cure zone :thumb:

I had posted this quite some time ago in I think Twelve's journal, but I can't remember at this point {shrug}
either way I think it is great way to go about curing!

sandy's is no place to mess with if its big
i used to love going there
now i usually just freedive in the bay for tako(octopus) or stay on the water with my boat lol
one day i was there with friends this is when i was a teen very long ago
my friend acted like he was gonna take off on a set was about 4-7 ft that day this is back when they went by the back of the wave height not the face, old school hawaiian style of measuring waves, now they measure the face cause alot of tourist got into trouble thinking it was small only to thier suprprise lol, cause the back is usually half the height of the face, anywho so my firend acted like he was gonna take off it was a 7 ft set(remember this is back height of the wave) he turned around and tried to swim back we saw him going backwards
trying to get back to us outside and over the falls he went lol, bam he hit and came flying up mind you this is no small light guy he was easy 180-200 lbs then we dont see him for a bit the backwash off the shoreline hits the wave and we see him come flying up into the air again then bam hits the water again, after that we notice him sitting on the beach glad he was ok but he took a beating lol, he is no longer with us, i miss him and he died at a young age of 30.
if any of you have seen sandy's when its really big you know what im talking about, so cf if you ever go there be careful.
on another note when tourists chicks go there they dont have any concept of the power of the shorebreak there and they wear 2 piece bikinis, guess what happens when they get pounded by a wave?
sometimes they come out with not top lol sometimes no top or bottom lol
chicks that know the shorebreak there wear one piece or even a shirt over thier bikini top and shorts with drawstrings, even dude gotta make sure they got shorts that wont come off cause there even have been dudes who lose thier shorts lol
ok just wanted to fill you in on that spot cf in case you go there

Isnt that whats called the pipe line or just the pipe?:)like 30 foot waves?

I just hope when my shorts fall off I don't have a big Stiffy!! That could get me in even bigger trouble!! I just love looking at women with no clothes on!! LoL!! :circle-of-love:

OMM i am sorrry but u NEED to visit my journal and bring some love/conversation over there!
I find myself always in here sometimes i neglect mine!

hahahahahaha

but this is where all the good info is.. cant wait to try that cure process.. i gotta about a week til it happens! i was really considering low humidity 40-50% to dry.. but this seems much bettter!

maybe OMM needs a agent I think this could be the 420 and Old Man Med SHOW with a cast of thousands. just sit right back and I'll tell you of a storie about how these people landed on this desert Ilse but your gonna need more then a 3 hour tour a 3hour tour:rofl:

OMM, I hope you don't mind me posting this, but this is what I use and it has worked and still works great for me. I was always concerned with overdrying and this lets me regulate that without issue.

@MissBud, I hope you were referring to me and if so thanks you are spot on in mho :thumb:
I have posted this a couple of times, but not in my current journal. So here goes.

This is what I do and it has always worked so well for me and I always use glass jars that have sealable top

open air from 48 to 60hrs - depends on temp/humidity
seal'em up for 12hrs
open air from 24 to 36hrs - depends on temp/humidity
seal'em up for 6hrs - with this one I then put a hydrometer in there with them so I can get a good reading - I take notes at the beginning and then again at the end.
open air from 12 to 24hrs depending on last reading from hydrometer
seal'em up from 3 to 6hrs to watch humidity if good then leave in jars and burp until humidity becomes stable and then jar them for the rest of their lives which never amounts to much time as they are soooo gooood! LOL

I then like to ultimately let them cure for at least a couple weeks checking on humidity and burping as necessary to keep a stable humidity so below is what I use as my humidity guidelines:

+70% RH - too wet, needs to sit outside the jar to dry for 12-24 hours, depending.
65-70% RH - the product is almost in the cure zone, if you will. It can be slowly brought to optimum RH by opening the lid for 2-4 hours.
60-65% RH - the stems snap, the product feels a bit sticky, and it is curing
55-60% RH - at this point it can be stored for an extended period (3 months or more) without worrying about mold. The product will continue to cure.

Below 55% RH - the RH is too low for the curing process to take place. The product starts to feel brittle. Once you've hit this point, nothing will make it better. Adding moisture won't restart the curing process; it will just make the product wet.

I follow the same basic method, and percentages, and it's always worked for me! I know some folks around here cure with a bit more moisture, and have great results, but I'm very paranoid about mold.

When I smoked cigars, I spent a lot of money a cabinet humidor with an electronic humidification system to keep my puros in the perfect environment. What I found with cigars, was that if spores were present, I could still get mold...even in the perfect environment. I'd see it sometimes if I picked up a box of cheaper cigars...they would get some mold, but others in the humidor would be fine. I fixed that particular problem by only buying quality cigars. :)

Either way, I think one of the keys to a good cure is to know what your humidity is! You definitely need some sort of hygrometer in the jars. I use the little rectangular electronic ones that you can buy anywhere that sells cigars. They are about $20 a piece, but it takes all the guesswork out of it. Sounds like the ones you use work fine too! The bigger the jar with more product in it, the better for a slow cure IMHO...but anything airtight will work. I think DocBud uses turkey bags?

:Namaste:

I am just wondering, what is the least amount of time you can cure and have some good smoke? I noticed someone say they cured for months. I am not sure I could wait that long unless I was growing helluva plants. Is the cigar shop the only place you can find a decent hygrometer? I have tried looking on the bay but didn't see any. I still have to check out Zon, to see if they have any.

Never a dull moment. I've been busy sorting things out around here and just now have some time on my hands to see whats up.

Considering the curing processes Vapedogg and MSquared use, but I might have a problem. The rental house I live in has a constant humidity of at least 45% sometimes hitting 68% and worse when it rains for days on end.

So how would I adjust the cure some this problem?
Im looking at about 2 months before I can cure depending on how flowering goes.

Back
Top Bottom