Welcome To My New Journal - OMMSOG

OMM, I hope you don't mind me posting this, but this is what I use and it has worked and still works great for me. I was always concerned with overdrying and this lets me regulate that without issue.

@MissBud, I hope you were referring to me and if so thanks you are spot on in mho :thumb:
I have posted this a couple of times, but not in my current journal. So here goes.

This is what I do and it has always worked so well for me and I always use glass jars that have sealable top

open air from 48 to 60hrs - depends on temp/humidity
seal’em up for 12hrs
open air from 24 to 36hrs - depends on temp/humidity
seal’em up for 6hrs - with this one I then put a hydrometer in there with them so I can get a good reading - I take notes at the beginning and then again at the end.
open air from 12 to 24hrs depending on last reading from hydrometer
seal’em up from 3 to 6hrs to watch humidity if good then leave in jars and burp until humidity becomes stable and then jar them for the rest of their lives which never amounts to much time as they are soooo gooood! LOL

I then like to ultimately let them cure for at least a couple weeks checking on humidity and burping as necessary to keep a stable humidity so below is what I use as my humidity guidelines:

+70% RH - too wet, needs to sit outside the jar to dry for 12-24 hours, depending.
65-70% RH - the product is almost in the cure zone, if you will. It can be slowly brought to optimum RH by opening the lid for 2-4 hours.
60-65% RH - the stems snap, the product feels a bit sticky, and it is curing
55-60% RH - at this point it can be stored for an extended period (3 months or more) without worrying about mold. The product will continue to cure.

Below 55% RH - the RH is too low for the curing process to take place. The product starts to feel brittle. Once you've hit this point, nothing will make it better. Adding moisture won't restart the curing process; it will just make the product wet.

:peace:

it was on page 116 last night and this morning its on 118 this journal moves fast i tell you:thumb:

Hi MsMe I agree...we are what we are through our experiences. We may as well except them, we are who we are.

I've been toying with the idea of breaking my journals into smaller pieces.....that maybe help on the size...what do you think? I'm not sure they would be consistent that way tho.

It helps if/when you get to the point that you actually like who you are...then no one can hold you back :circle-of-love:

I'd keep your journals exactly how they are. Reading them is a commitment...a unique experience.
I check into others when I have a minute here and there but save yours until I have an extended period of time to settle in and enjoy the ride. :roorrip:

Sorry I'm so late to congratulate you on MOTM :bravo:

Good vibes sent your way for the test results...

Keep it easy :surf:

:high-five: I hope you are your crew got to it this weekend LOL. My thoughts as well, let'em go as long as they are still filling out.
Thanks OMM! Hows the cooking going, I know you are the cook of the family and it is garden season once again.

Hi MS:cheer:

You got it....I'll let em fill out as much as they can. I think THsea and I can handle the trimming. The SAGE is hanging right now. She looks pretty good considering she was only in a 1.6 gal. pot.

Speaking of cooking...Jo and i will be restocking tomorrow. Babybacks will be on the menu soon.
Be over to nose around your place soon!
:high-five:

Hey OMM, just wanted to let you know that I have started a new journal. I hope you and the others will grace it with your advice and knowledge...Tell me what you think about the name too!

I wouldn't have it any other way either :Namaste:

Sometimes it feels so hectic catching up...but there's nothing better than being caught up :smokin:

You always have some awesome discussions over here:high-five:

I wanted to rep you a long time ago when I noticed you "re-posted" GimmeTheGoods forms of the dry/cure. I believe MS has his own solid version as well.

I believe the 65-67% humidity is the absolutely prime for cannabis curing. I purchased a tiny cigar hygrometer called the Caliber 3 (19.99) at a local cigar shop and just slide it into the jars so I can read it from the outside. I read somewhere for every 5% above 70% rh means 10-12 hours of extended drying time on avg? Exactly like a leaf, I'll put a tiny orange peel in there if I'm under 60%.

Sorry for going off about this :sorry:

I am just very interested in the dry/cure and would love to try new things as yourself :Namaste::circle-of-love:

Hey there MissBud :love:

At last your caught up.....that was a long read. Thanks for doing so...it's a chore, I know.:popcorn:

I do believe MS is posting his drying method in this journal right now. I'm sure it will be a 1st class way of curring. Knowing him. Can't wait to read it.

That's cool about finding a cigar hygrometer. Its great having a way to see how the drying is going. I can't image doing without one. I have used orange peels, pear cuttings, and leaves....whatever is at hand.
Thanks for your input too....every little bit helps us all.

The discussions are what people see as an important topics. I love them and learn with everyone else. As you know 420 is full of very knowledgeable folks on all kinds of subjects.

Young Lady...talk about anything you want to in here.....I love it!:love:

Just caught up on a few pages....

OMG, Sisco's moving? Good luck with that, I am sure your move will go much better than mine did, it was the worst move ever. As for the government and big pharma, well, we have been getting f*cked with no vaseline or a kiss for a long time. Excuse my crudeness but it will keep happening, I don't see any changes happening in our lifetimes. Money talks and bullsh*t walks but it is sad that the many lives lost is considered bullsh*t by the government. Wishing you the best on your biopsy today.

Hi My Buddy Queen ! :bravo::bravo:

Sisco will tell us about his move soon....when he can, I'm sure.

No worries about being crude....sometimes it's the best way to say what you feel. By the way I agree with you!

The Biopsy. I've been traumatized. :Rasta:

He took the WHOLE spot off! It's gone...and on it's way to be tested. He also took something off of my other eye too. Driving home after that was a trip! Both my eyes are gooey and it's hard to see. I can't see too well, I'll hang in and try to answer everyone....but no promises.:cheesygrinsmiley:
At least it's done. Actually wasn't painful, so that part was good. Thanks for asking.:love:

Hey OMM, just wanted to let you know that I have started a new journal. I hope you and the others will grace it with your advice and knowledge...Tell me what you think about the name too!

Hey that's great Queen:thumb:

Of course, I will. Be over to see it soon! If this is the name of it "Queen's Garden of Green" It's good name. :bravo:

However the link doesn't work. :smokin:

See you in a few! :circle-of-love:

Sorry...I can't find it yet!

OMM, I hope you don't mind me posting this, but this is what I use and it has worked and still works great for me. I was always concerned with overdrying and this lets me regulate that without issue.

@MissBud, I hope you were referring to me and if so thanks you are spot on in mho :thumb:
I have posted this a couple of times, but not in my current journal. So here goes.

This is what I do and it has always worked so well for me and I always use glass jars that have sealable top

open air from 48 to 60hrs - depends on temp/humidity
seal'em up for 12hrs
open air from 24 to 36hrs - depends on temp/humidity
seal'em up for 6hrs - with this one I then put a hydrometer in there with them so I can get a good reading - I take notes at the beginning and then again at the end.
open air from 12 to 24hrs depending on last reading from hydrometer
seal'em up from 3 to 6hrs to watch humidity if good then leave in jars and burp until humidity becomes stable and then jar them for the rest of their lives which never amounts to much time as they are soooo gooood! LOL

I then like to ultimately let them cure for at least a couple weeks checking on humidity and burping as necessary to keep a stable humidity so below is what I use as my humidity guidelines:

+70% RH - too wet, needs to sit outside the jar to dry for 12-24 hours, depending.
65-70% RH - the product is almost in the cure zone, if you will. It can be slowly brought to optimum RH by opening the lid for 2-4 hours.
60-65% RH - the stems snap, the product feels a bit sticky, and it is curing
55-60% RH - at this point it can be stored for an extended period (3 months or more) without worrying about mold. The product will continue to cure.

Below 55% RH - the RH is too low for the curing process to take place. The product starts to feel brittle. Once you've hit this point, nothing will make it better. Adding moisture won't restart the curing process; it will just make the product wet.

Wow! MS Thanks:cheer:

I only have one question. Are you saying right after trimming, they go straight into the jars? If so, that would sure save me a bunch of trouble. :thumb:

yea queen which link is the new journal
hope all is well with u OMM
not working yet so still gotta wait to vape
youll know as soon as im not worried about a drug test cause ill be over with the volcano lol

yea queen which link is the new journal
hope all is well with u OMM
not working yet so still gotta wait to vape
youll know as soon as im not worried about a drug test cause ill be over with the volcano lol

Hey Buddy, No hurry...be safe and sure first...aways.....slowing building up a stash for you to try!:ganjamon:

Can't see to well right now...after the biopsy...he did both eyes.....were am I?

Re: the drug companies/doctors/government, there was a great book I read-serching for it and the title now, about the pharmaceutical industrial complex and its stranglehold on us... it talked about doctors doing electroshock and lobotomies much more recently than you would believe... anyway here is a link I found do similar thinking until I dig the book up.
The Pharmaceutical Industrial Complex: A Deadly Fariytale

Sorry to dig that back up, but since this morning there were three pages!

Re: the drug companies/doctors/government, there was a great book I read-serching for it and the title now, about the pharmaceutical industrial complex and its stranglehold on us... it talked about doctors doing electroshock and lobotomies much more recently than you would believe... anyway here is a link I found do similar thinking until I dig the book up.
The Pharmaceutical Industrial Complex: A Deadly Fariytale

Sorry to dig that back up, but since this morning there were three pages!

No problem SurfBuddy:thumb:

The link you posted was enough to scare me....... :smokin::smokin:

Thanks!:bravo:

Phew!! Caught up again...I think...still not sure. I love the cure process posted by MS and MsMe! I actually printed it out. Excellent Info!!

Just so you know. I am a big fan of baby back ribs too!! LoL!!

Feeling sick these last few days. This medication the doctor has me on says to stay out of the sun. I am not afraid of sunburn so I ignored. Now I Know to stay out of the sun. Only a few weeks to go and no more hep c meds! Yeah!!

Wow! MS Thanks:cheer:

I only have one question. Are you saying right after trimming, they go straight into the jars? If so, that would sure save me a bunch of trouble. :thumb:

No, sorry they have to sit out in the open air drying for the first 48 to 60 hrs depending on how wet they were when snipped then they get sealed up for moisture redistribution following the guideline.
Also, I have used everything from garbage bags to resealable glass jars to seal'em up.

I sure hope this helps. :thumb:

wow CF hope you dont need those meds in Hi naver been there but I heard the sun shines there alot:) hope you feel better. so how are you feeling OMM? well I hope:circle-of-love:

No, sorry they have to sit out in the open air drying for the first 48 to 60 hrs depending on how wet they were when snipped then they get sealed up for moisture redistribution following the guideline.
Also, I have used everything from garbage bags to resealable glass jars to seal'em up.

That is some very useful information. I really did print it out. Very interested in the moisture distribution method! Thanks! :bravo:
:thanks:
wow CF hope you dont need those meds in Hi naver been there but I heard the sun shines there alot:) hope you feel better. so how are you feeling OMM? well I hope:circle-of-love:

Thank God, I will be completely off the meds in less than 2 weeks. This was a very hard treatment on me. That is why I said **F** it. I need a vacation after all this shit I put my family and myself through. It was a successful treatment but very costly. I am not sure if it was worth it.

OMM better be in great shape.... He promised me he would take me surfing and Cliff Jumping!! Just kidding! :circle-of-love:

Yes, it does MS. You have given us a good formula for a good cure. Thanks :thanks:

Hi fish cake! Cf will be under a palm tree...or on it! No problem. :circle-of-love:

Well, the biopsy got me a bit. It didn't hurt much....what was bothersome was laying on that table a long time. We talked while was doing it and I ask him if he got a good sample of it and he said "I took it all off !". Then he took some black things from under my other eye. Ta Da! Finished!

I though it was cool he sent the whole thing to be looked at.

Driving home was an adventure in it's self.:surf:

Back
Top Bottom