Winging It In Winter By The Window: Soil Auto Grow

Tuesday 23rd Aug UPDATE

Hi everyone, thank you for checking my updates and keeping in touch. I hope you are having a great Tuesday.

PHOTOPERIOD PLANTS

The perfume factory has begun :)

Bruce Banner 2
78 Days AG, Flip 24 days
23rd Aug 2 L water with calmag, seaweed, fulvic and humic acids, microbes and myco to slight run off. Last watering was 5 days ago.

I went a bit Edward Scissor Hands with this plant. I have also shuffled the stakes around, pulling the branches away from each other.
DSC_9603-Edit.jpg
DSC_9587-Edit.jpg

Wedding Cake 78 Days AG, Flip 24 days
23rd Aug 2 L water with calmag, seaweed, fulvic and humic acids, microbes and myco to slight run off. Last watering was 5 days ago.
DSC_9606-Edit.jpg
DSC_9584-Edit.jpg

So far the plants remain level with one another which is a blessed relief.

@Carmen Ray ,

Since you seem to be embracing the organic approach to growing and are on a time crunch to get these things harvested, I thought I'd pass along a tip from Clackamas Coot one of the true pioneers in this method of growing.

He says adding malted barley helps the plants grow and also finish faster, something like 15-20% faster if I recall correctly. I'll have to go dig around and see if I can find the quote.

Malted barley can be found at home brew stores or farm supply stores locally, and I got my from the Jungle River. I take a scoop, grind it up in an herb grinder and topdress my plants with it at least once per month but I'm not sure you could over do it by adding it more frequently.

I wish I had thought of it when you originally mentioned your time crunch, but maybe better late than never?? :Namaste:

Carmen,

I found the Clackamas Coot Interview and posted the transcript in my 'Alchemy' thread. The 15% faster finishing time is mentioned toward the end of the transcript. I've bolded some of the text to make it easier for me to locate certain parts later on.

So, just scroll down through the bolded texts until you see the "finishing 15% faster" discussion if you don't want to read through the whole thing.

Carmen,

I found the Clackamas Coot Interview and posted the transcript in my 'Alchemy' thread. The 15% faster finishing time is mentioned toward the end of the transcript. I've bolded some of the text to make it easier for me to locate certain parts later on.

So, just scroll down through the bolded texts until you see the "finishing 15% faster" discussion if you don't want to read through the whole thing.
Hi Azi :) Thanks! As soon as you mentioned quicker ripening, I started Googling Clackamas Coot and found that very interview. I now see that others on the site have been impressed with results. I am going to the grow shop on Saturday and will try to locate some. Please remind me what the benefits are of Aloe because I have it on my list too and I am wondering if I should get some of that too?

She looks just great Carm :)
Thank you Tra, you don't think I got a bit carried away with the defole? 🍃🍃🍃

Tuesday 23rd Aug UPDATE

Hi everyone, thank you for checking my updates and keeping in touch. I hope you are having a great Tuesday.

PHOTOPERIOD PLANTS

The perfume factory has begun :)

Bruce Banner 2 78 Days AG, Flip 24 days

I went a bit Edward Scissor Hands with this plant. I have also shuffled the stakes around, pulling the branches away from each other.
DSC_9603-Edit.jpg

DSC_9587-Edit.jpg

Wedding Cake 78 Days AG, Flip 24 days
DSC_9606-Edit.jpg
DSC_9584-Edit.jpg

So far the plants remain level with one another which is a blessed relief.
"Went a bit Edward scissor hands" :laugh: for sure we have all been there lol.

But they are looking great Carmen... Glad things are going well for you and hope your having a fine day.

you don't think I got a bit carried away with the defole?
They look just right to me, Carmen... :high-five:
Not much left to do now but watch them get bigger!

Please remind me what the benefits are of Aloe because I have it on my list too and I am wondering if I should get some of that too?
Yes, you should, but you should think about growing it in your garden. Aloe can act in place of soap when using a foliar to help the liquid spread more evenly and better adhere to the leaves than the same spray would without it. When you shake it, it will foam up.

In addition, you can run whole leaves through a blender and feed that to plants for a pretty broad supplement. Also, I've used it in place of rooting hormone.

Here's a good video on using aloe in the garden:

Thank you Tra, you don't think I got a bit carried away with the defole? 🍃🍃🍃
Absolutely not.

She has more than enough foliage to sing.

Plants don’t need every leaf to thrive, well I don’t think they do. I know many have this “leaves are there for a reason”, and just like the random black hair that grows out of my chin, sometimes that reason is just to spoil your whole look, so it’s gotta fucking go! Lollingggg!

Absolutely not.

She has more than enough foliage to sing.

Plants don’t need every leaf to thrive, well I don’t think they do. I know many have this “leaves are there for a reason”, and just like the random black hair that grows out of my chin, sometimes that reason is just to spoil your whole look, so it’s gotta fucking go! Lollingggg!
Hilarious woman, you always make me giggle! Thank you for putting my mind at rest and encouraging me :) :love:
Yes, you should, but you should think about growing it in your garden. Aloe can act in place of soap when using a foliar to help the liquid spread more evenly and better adhere to the leaves than the same spray would without it. When you shake it, it will foam up.

In addition, you can run whole leaves through a blender and feed that to plants for a pretty broad supplement. Also, I've used it in place of rooting hormone.

Here's a good video on using aloe in the garden:

Thanks Azi, I'm on it! I knew about Aloe for rooting. I use Aloe for a lot of health things including it being a wonder treatment for my formerly disabling IBS. I was wondering what it will do for my flowering plants. I hope to discover that on the video. :nerd-with-glasses:
They look just right to me, Carmen... :high-five:
Not much left to do now but watch them get bigger!
Oh wow, thanks Carcass. That puts my mind at ease.:high-five:
"Went a bit Edward scissor hands" :laugh: for sure we have all been there lol.

But they are looking great Carmen... Glad things are going well for you and hope your having a fine day.
Thanks Happy, you have a fantastic day too! :yahoo:

Er'one have a fantastic day! :circle-of-love:

Wow, so nice to see you @Lerugged! Thanks for stopping by. Ja, it's been months so long story :) I harvested the two autos and am finishing these two photos quickly. Holding thumbs that they work out. Going to try malted barley to speed up the process.
Will we be lucky to see some pics from your grow? Are you planning another journal?
I won't be growing this summer because of various commitments, but I'll be back at the end of the season. I'll hang out and follow goings on here though.

Yeah I'll be on more this season and I'll be doing a journal of my outdoor grow and a breeding project to fem all my strains for release as soon as the law allows. Been 20 years in the making so getting excited about getting these legit landraces out there. Fingers crossed yours finish in time. I'm rooting for you

Yeah I'll be on more this season and I'll be doing a journal of my outdoor grow and a breeding project to fem all my strains for release as soon as the law allows. Been 20 years in the making so getting excited about getting these legit landraces out there. Fingers crossed yours finish in time. I'm rooting for you
This sounds like it will be a ride, please drop a link when it's up LR :popcorn:

Saturday 27th Aug UPDATE

Greetings Growmies, I hope your weekend got off to a good start. I've had a good day, made all the better by documenting the growth of my plants! The flowers are puffing up nicely now.
I went to the grow shop to return the bottle of nutes that @InTheShed warned me about, and I asked about malted barley @Azimuth. They were going to order me some until they discovered that I am growing in Orgasoilux, which already has malted barley in it (I should know these things lol). A couple of weeks ago I top dressed with Elemental Blend, which is it's complimentary product by the same company. So I decided to trust the soil and top dressing and continue with my "nute" mix. I'm not going to add anything more at this stage as I think I have all in the soil. I will add molasses to my "nute" mix going forward. I wanted to ensure that my molasses is still good and it is :)

Screenshot (50).png

PHOTOPERIOD PLANTS
Bruce Banner 2
82 Days AG, Flip 28 days
26th Aug 2 L water.

DSC_9659.jpg
DSC_9669-Edit-2.jpg
DSC_9673-Edit.jpg

Wedding Cake 82 Days AG, Flip 28 days
26th Aug 2 L water.

DSC_9658-Edit-2.jpg
DSC_9637-Edit.jpg
DSC_9643-Edit.jpg

Thank you for checking in folks!

They look great, Carmen-
Nice buds, and plenty of 'em too!

Saturday 27th Aug UPDATE

Greetings Growmies, I hope your weekend got off to a good start. I've had a good day, made all the better by documenting the growth of my plants! The flowers are puffing up nicely now.
I went to the grow shop to return the bottle of nutes that @InTheShed warned me about, and I asked about malted barley @Azimuth. They were going to order me some until they discovered that I am growing in Orgasoilux, which already has malted barley in it (I should know these things lol). A couple of weeks ago I top dressed with Elemental Blend, which is it's complimentary product by the same company. So I decided to trust the soil and top dressing and continue with my "nute" mix. I'm not going to add anything more at this stage as I think I have all in the soil. I will add molasses to my "nute" mix going forward. I wanted to ensure that my molasses is still good and it is :)

Screenshot (50).png

PHOTOPERIOD PLANTS
Bruce Banner 2
82 Days AG, Flip 28 days
26th Aug 2 L water.

DSC_9659.jpg
DSC_9669-Edit-2.jpg
DSC_9673-Edit.jpg

Wedding Cake 82 Days AG, Flip 28 days
26th Aug 2 L water.

DSC_9658-Edit-2.jpg
DSC_9637-Edit.jpg