Xlr8's "Flo N Gro" Hydro Multiple Strains 2011

Wow that lucy sure is a fox-tailin ain't she!? Man I really do think I've got to try a couple of your strains buddy....Namely Lucy, but now I'm interested in Lavendar too....My next wish list is pretty full already though....Sour OG (Not super sour og), Headband, Original Sour D, Clockwork Orange, Strawberry Cough, to name a few...
But I'm still really looking forward to JILLY BEAN in 2012!!:yahoo:

Hello everyone, I read something the other day on cannabis lighting ,that I thought was interesting and I would like your input. one of the things that caught my eye was the saving on electric,it's called the 12-1 method,and this is what they said. that you can cut down on the time u run your lights on veg cycle. do 12 hours on ,then 5 1/2 off, then on for 1 hour ,then 5 1/2 off. they say the one hour on is good enough to fool the plant to stay in veg, with no problems , they also state that 12 on 12 off is not ideal for cannabis to flower, they state that 11 on 13 off is better,because this sends a clear message to the plant to flower, also that if u decrease time every week by 15 minutes,to do as the sun does, flower time is shorter and buds grow bigger. anyone ever try this? ,would love to hear from u. Thanks
Hey X I don't mean to jack ur thread,but u got alot of great followers and I was hope 'in for some input on this. :thanks::adore:

Hello everyone, I read something the other day on cannabis lighting ,that I thought was interesting and I would like your input. one of the things that caught my eye was the saving on electric,it's called the 12-1 method,and this is what they said. that you can cut down on the time u run your lights on veg cycle. do 12 hours on ,then 5 1/2 off, then on for 1 hour ,then 5 1/2 off. they say the one hour on is good enough to fool the plant to stay in veg, with no problems , they also state that 12 on 12 off is not ideal for cannabis to flower, they state that 11 on 13 off is better,because this sends a clear message to the plant to flower, also that if u decrease time every week by 15 minutes,to do as the sun does, flower time is shorter and buds grow bigger. anyone ever try this? ,would love to hear from u. Thanks
Hey X I don't mean to jack ur thread,but u got alot of great followers and I was hope 'in for some input on this. :thanks::adore:
Several of the journals are using that method, called the Gas Lantern Routine (GLR), here's more information:
The gas lantern routine

Xlr8,
Wow! I haven't had time to make the rounds and am catching up on a lot of journals. All I can say is WOW! Looking great. :adore:

Thanks buddy! I'm a few days behind on other peoples journals as well (including yours!). I'm hoping to get caught up this weekend. Appreciate the props a ton. :)

Wow X, those are beyond mind-blowing :adore::bravo:

Hi Missbud! :circle-of-love:

I appreciate that a ton. I was really glad to see you got some of the mysteries figured out with your plants - hope they're still perking up! :)

looking great man! I love the look of the lavendar. I would love to grow her someday

Hi OrganicTreees -

First of all, :thanks:

I hope it smokes/vapes as good as it looks. Her buds are fantastic in person. Really fat and dense. 2 of her 4 main tops are as big as pop cans, and the other 2 aren't much smaller. She seemed to like the smorgasbord the best of the bunch. ;)

The one thing I'd say specifically that surprised me a bit: She was a bit of a runt compared to the others in veg, but really stretched in bloom. She is 3-4 times taller than her veg height. Much of her stretch came after the others had stopped growing, so I had to get creative with some late LST.

Thanks again for the plant props. Let me know if you decide to journal your Lavender grow when you do it - I'd love to follow along. :)

Looking awfully sharp there my friend. I can only hope mine come close to looking that good in another 20 days.

Thanks Bassman! I'm really pleased with the way the Blue Planet nutes worked and I can't wait to harvest them.

You're doing great so far - I think you'll have a nice harvest.

Take care - hope you have a fantastic weekend. :)

I'm impressed. You got some nice looking buds there. And great pic's. I see Lucy is fox tailing all over, forming into one nice bud. But that Lavender, that looks special. Hey they all look good. But then I never seen a Marijuana Plant in late flower I didn't think was pretty. Looks great Dude. prop's across if I could. Keepem Green

Thanks man!

Lucy grows some interesting buds - they do look a bit foxtailed. I'm with you - they all look pretty to me, too. Especially when they fatten up toward the end.

I'm starting to wish I had the space to clone - I'd have loved a clone of this Lavender, especially if she smokes as good as she looks.

Appreciate you dropping by my friend. :thumb:

Hey Buddy...... Looking Good ! Great Pictures too! :high-five:

Chocolope looks like mine. Tall and skinny branches. Maybe that's the way they grow. Hopefully they will put on some weight soon. Take care my friend. :Namaste:

Hi OMM - :thanks:

Yes, I topped her and ended up with 2 tall, skinny branches - She does seem to be adding weight, albeit slowly. I just was looking at yours again the other day, and thought the same thing - that there is some resemblance in the way they grow.

I was so bummed about your outdoor grow getting ripped again. I liked your idea of putting a sign up - though I wonder if it would give them pause. It might, and it might make them think a little. Damn, that sucked. The only consolation is that they did it before you took them all the way to flower. Bastards.

Thanks for popping by, and hang in there! :cheer:

These lovely ladies are now in competition for the "Best-of" category, IMHO. beautiful. Simply, beautiful. Great job, X!

Thanks Jandre! Don't know about that... but it brought a much needed smile to my face. :) I appreciate the super kind compliment a ton.

Man...these guys used up all the great compliments :hmmmm: I'd BEEPIN' Smoke that SH!@T till the cows came home! But not till they're all finished..:amen:

Haha! I fully intend to do just that, cows or not. :yahoo: :bong: MOOOO!

Thanks brotha!

Lucy & Lavender is where it's at, for
Any old stoner who likes it phat
Which is better? Now girls, "Don't spat"
Each gets a turn, we'll see how you act

:) :) :) :)

Those are the two that I'm most excited about. They still need a little more time, but getting... oh so close!

Love the poem - inspired me to respond in kind:

Frosty nugs and fading leaves
A previous stash he barely grieves
Early harvest would be tragic
Almost time to chop the Magic

:bong:

Looks amazing. Awesome to have several of these great journals approaching harvest right as I'm getting ready to launch 1.0. :adore:

:thanks: fcng!

Let me know when you get a journal going. I'll drop by and check it out. Glad to have you along!

Wow that lucy sure is a fox-tailin ain't she!? Man I really do think I've got to try a couple of your strains buddy....Namely Lucy, but now I'm interested in Lavendar too....My next wish list is pretty full already though....Sour OG (Not super sour og), Headband, Original Sour D, Clockwork Orange, Strawberry Cough, to name a few...
But I'm still really looking forward to JILLY BEAN in 2012!!:yahoo:

Hi Quix -

Strawberry Cough sounds so good! Sounds like you have a pretty good batch to choose from on upcoming grows.

JILLY BEAN! I'm still thinking she'll be part of the next round for me, too. I can't get her outta my mind - true story!

Several of the journals are using that method, called the Gas Lantern Routine (GLR), here's more information:
The gas lantern routine

Hi Ozric - no prob! :)

Definitely check out Steve's link (thanks Steve!). I haven't tried the 12-1/GLR method yet, but I think I'm going that route on my next grow. I am a believer, and modern science supports it from what I've been able to discern. There are some growers on here successfully using this lighting schedule.

I recently read a pretty good (cannabis related) magazine article on this as well, but I don't want to share it here in case it's not kosher. I can PM the info if you're interested. Unfortunately, I don't think the article is online anywhere...

Twelve12 is doing an excellent job detailing his experience with this:

Twelve12's Perpetual Grow

Back
Top Bottom