Xlr8's "Flo N Gro" Hydro Multiple Strains 2011

I saw a post on another site that I thought really summed up the PPM and PH relationship in hydro nicely - thought I'd share (slightly reworded for clarity and simplicity):

PPM's go up, PH goes down: Plants require less nutes.

PPM's go down, PH goes up = Plants require more nutes.

PPM's stable, PH goes up = Equilibrium (Ideal)

I saw a post on another site that I thought really summed up the PPM and PH relationship in hydro nicely - thought I'd share (slightly reworded for clarity and simplicity):

PPM's go up, PH goes down: Plants require less nutes.

PPM's go down, PH goes up = Plants require more nutes.

PPM's stable, PH goes up = Equilibrium (Ideal)

Correct, but I believe the same statement can be made WITHOUT the PH relationship....If PPM's are dropping, plants are eating (taking in nutes) more than drinking (taking in water), so needs higher PPM's. If PPM's are rising, plants are drinking more than they're eating, so lower PPM's. If PPM's stay the same, plant is drinking same as it's eating, so you're at equilibrium.

Hey x, looked through your journal a little (too big to read it all in one night) but i saw you got a great line up on selections. That chocoloupe is a stinky strain i love the 'loupe im gunna be hangin around a bit i wanna see how this turns out. Cool vape, im thinking about a portable vape myself. Going to look into this one you mentioned.

Correct, but I believe the same statement can be made WITHOUT the PH relationship....If PPM's are dropping, plants are eating (taking in nutes) more than drinking (taking in water), so needs higher PPM's. If PPM's are rising, plants are drinking more than they're eating, so lower PPM's. If PPM's stay the same, plant is drinking same as it's eating, so you're at equilibrium.

Hi Mr. K!

I suppose that's true, but I like showing the PH relationship, too. Let's say you aren't always measuring your TDS/PPM's, but you notice that PH is going down - this can be a trigger to check the TDS/PPM's to see what's happening, since there are other reasons PH can go down, for example. Heck I dunno, I liked how this illustrated the correlation I guess.

You're right though, that is certainly true of PPM's on their own. :)

Hey x, looked through your journal a little (too big to read it all in one night) but i saw you got a great line up on selections. That chocoloupe is a stinky strain i love the 'loupe im gunna be hangin around a bit i wanna see how this turns out. Cool vape, im thinking about a portable vape myself. Going to look into this one you mentioned.

:thanks: Chiefin' -

I'm pretty excited to try some of these. I've really neglected the Chocolope at the expense of the main plants in my grow, and it won't end up yielding much. But, I'm excited to try it!

Glad to have you aboard, and yes - it's a long journal alright! I like the Launch Box quite a bit, and my wife loves it - she now prefers it over our Silver Surfer home vaporizer.

Take care, and thanks for dropping by - glad to have you along! :)

Day 53 bloom phase (7 weeks, 4 days):

Not much time at the moment, so just gonna post some pics from this morning! :)

Lavender and Lucy
11_15_21.jpg

Lavender
11_15_4.jpg

Lucy
11_15_31.jpg

Lavender
11_15_5.jpg

Magic Bud
11_15_6.jpg

Skywalker
11_15_7.jpg

Lucy
11_15_8.jpg

Lucy
11_15_9.jpg

Lavender
11_15_11.jpg

Take care all! :bong:

Great Bud Pics!!! The Lucy pic looks better than the breader picture on the seed website!! Looks like you are getting close to harvest!! Thanks for your report on the pocket vaporizer!!! I am putting that on my Christmas wish list!! :Namaste:

Its rude to stare but i cant help it!

:whoa:

Great Bud Pics!!! The Lucy pic looks better than the breader picture on the seed website!! Looks like you are getting close to harvest!! Thanks for your report on the pocket vaporizer!!! I am putting that on my Christmas wish list!! :Namaste:

those are some great lookin buds you got goin there!!! i agree they look better than the file photos... im gonna try an ride out the en of this one:peace:

You guys rock - all I see when I look at things is room for improvement, so it really feels good to hear such nice compliments.

:thanks: all so much for the kindness! :)

I was in a hurry yesterday, and didn't have time to do much besides take and post pictures quick. So, thought I'd add a few notes on things...

Overall, plants are still doing great, and it's so much fun watching them start to ripen a bit and get so close to the end. The middle section under the lights where it is most intense, combined with a really low RH did cause some mild light bleaching/drying/burning on parts of some of the leaves - middle of the canopy. I've also been having a hard time keeping the RH above about 32-35% without resorting to measures I'm not comfortable with at this stage of bloom. What a funny problem, huh?

I'd prefer about 40% RH right now, but the low RH doesn't seem to be having negative impact on the buds at all, which are filling in nicely as things get close to finishing.

• Lavender is especially packing on weight. I'm super impressed by this plant so far. It sure seems like it yield well, too - 2 of the 4 main colas are about as thick as a pop can, and really dense. There are a lot of golfball nugs and decent size secondary tops as well - and their nice and dense. She isn't really purple in her leaves at all, but appears there is some deep purple color in her buds. For fun, I'm gonna take a guess at yield - I'm going to guess 4z. She still needs another week or two before harvest I think. Mostly clear, some cloudy trichomes - a few amber.

• Lucy has about 10 equal sized tops that are a deep jade green. What stands out about her to me is that her calyx's are so covered with trichomes that they're nearly white looking. She has a lot of nice secondary bud-sites as well, and I expect her to yield pretty well also. If I had to guess yield... 3-4z. Still a week or two til harvest I think. Mostly clear trichomes still.

• Skywalker has super hairy nugs, but they appear a little airy to me. Pretty nice plant overall but not as nice as the Lucy or Lavender (to look at). I am interested in the smoke, though, as she has Blueberry and Mazar for parents. Supposed to have the Blueberry flavor with better vigor/yield/high due to the Mazar influence. Probably 1-2 weeks left. Trichomes: some clear, some cloudy, a few ambers. I'm guessing yield will be around 2-3z, but I don't have as good of feel for this one (heck I might be way off on all these!)

• Magic Bud has such a velvety look to her due to abundant, dense trichomes that extend all the way to the tips of her sugar leaves. She really has some pretty buds/tops, and I know from growing this strain a few times before that she'll be a top shelf high. Also of note with this particular plant - it's been very Sativa looking from the start, despite the shorter stature. All of the other Magic Bud plants I've grown leaned more Indica in appearance, but did have Sativa qualities to the high. I'm interested in whether the high will be the same/similar as the others I've grown.

Normally I get good yield from Magic Bud, but she was pushed around by the other plants a bit and probably will yield really light this time. If I had to guess -- 1-2z, but I feel like there is a chance I might be surprised on this one (for the better). I expect to harvest her in about a week, perhaps less. She's mostly cloudy at the moment with a few ambers in her trichomes.

• Chocolope is starting to fatten some, and isn't quite as scraggly as she was for a while, but I don't think I'll ever get even 1z from her. I'm guessing that she'll have an extra 1-2 weeks of bloom on her own with no competition for light, so maybe she'll plump up some. She's really crowded out, though at the moment. I never got good root development for her in veg, and she's been a runt all along and an afterthought when my health keeps me from doting on her. I have more Chocolope seeds, though, and I should get enough from her to have a feel for how much I like it as a med. Probably 3-4 weeks til harvest for her.

Great work, Bro! :bravo:

Sounds like you'll be swimming in bud soon, even with a low yield on the chocolope. Although, you missed the yield projection on the Skywalker, I'm sure she'll give you a few z's, too! :welldone:

Great work, Bro! :bravo:

Sounds like you'll be swimming in bud soon, even with a low yield on the chocolope. Although, you missed the yield projection on the Skywalker, I'm sure she'll give you a few z's, too! :welldone:

Thanks Mr. Krip, I added that via edit - nice catch! I'm completely guessing on these - I don't have as good of feel for what the yield will be in the tent like this compared to the Mothership, and the topping and defoliating will make a difference, but not sure how much yet... I think the proportions are at least correct - the Lavender and Lucy will yield best, the Chocolope and Magic Bud the least, and the Skywalker somewhere in the middle.

looking great man! I love the look of the lavendar. I would love to grow her someday

Looking awfully sharp there my friend. I can only hope mine come close to looking that good in another 20 days.

I'm impressed. You got some nice looking buds there. And great pic's. I see Lucy is fox tailing all over, forming into one nice bud. But that Lavender, that looks special. Hey they all look good. But then I never seen a Marijuana Plant in late flower I didn't think was pretty. Looks great Dude. prop's across if I could. Keepem Green

Hey Buddy...... Looking Good ! Great Pictures too! :high-five:

Chocolope looks like mine. Tall and skinny branches. Maybe that's the way they grow. Hopefully they will put on some weight soon. Take care my friend. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom