Xlr8's "Flo N Gro" Hydro Multiple Strains 2011

Hi Ozric - no prob! :)

Definitely check out Steve's link (thanks Steve!). I haven't tried the 12-1/GLR method yet, but I think I'm going that route on my next grow. I am a believer, and modern science supports it from what I've been able to discern. There are some growers on here successfully using this lighting schedule.

I recently read a pretty good (cannabis related) magazine article on this as well, but I don't want to share it here in case it's not kosher. I can PM the info if you're interested. Unfortunately, I don't think the article is online anywhere...

Twelve12 is doing an excellent job detailing his experience with this:

Twelve12's Perpetual Grow

I think we read the same article ,and i didn't want to share either lol, but i did check out 12's grow and wow im a believer now, but i called my bcnl rep for my boxes and the timers that came with them I can't do this with them , i'm not happy at the moment, but I can change the flower time to 11 -13 but thats about all. but i do have a tent so I'm going to try with it. thanks so much for letting me ask my question in ur journal :thumb:

Hello everyone, I read something the other day on cannabis lighting ,that I thought was interesting and I would like your input. one of the things that caught my eye was the saving on electric,it's called the 12-1 method,and this is what they said...

That is called the Gas Lantern Routine. Click here for a great read on that.

Information in your own words is always welcome, whatever your source.
That's what we are all about :Namaste:

I think we read the same article ,and i didn't want to share either lol, but i did check out 12's grow and wow im a believer now, but i called my bcnl rep for my boxes and the timers that came with them I can't do this with them , i'm not happy at the moment, but I can change the flower time to 11 -13 but thats about all. but i do have a tent so I'm going to try with it. thanks so much for letting me ask my question in ur journal :thumb:

That is called the Gas Lantern Routine. Click here for a great read on that.

GLR... it works well :)

It was in a recent issue of Skunk mag. that I read a good article about the 12-1 technique (Gas Lantern Routine). In it, the author claims it can up your production 25-35% while cutting production costs 50-75%. Really interesting read. Another interesting quote from the article: If the flower industry went by the cannabis grow books of the last 25-30 years, your Mother's Day bouquet would cost $1200 and hothouse tomatoes would cost $100.

Epic journal X........

:thanks:

I am thrilled with how well the nutrients worked. One of the things that stands out to me specifically is that these are the frostiest buds I've grown. I'm assuming the bloom booster has something to do with it as well, but they are loaded with resin. I appreciate your support, and I'm thankful you donated the nutrients as part of the MOTM prize package. You've got a loyal customer in me, my friend! :high-five:

I feel hypmotized! :trance:
Good, then you'll be popping the Jills pretty soon?:cheesygrinsmiley:
I actually gave in to impulse today....thought I'd take advantage of a good deal...Chemwreck Kush (R) x11, plus one Sour OG (F)...I feel like an ass for spending the cash, but the money was birthday money so what the hell!? I'm not sure if the promo is still good, though, supposed to be buy one pac get one free....didn't see the free one listed on the invoice afterward, but I hit submit anyway damn it....

Good, then you'll be popping the Jills pretty soon?:cheesygrinsmiley:
I actually gave in to impulse today....thought I'd take advantage of a good deal...Chemwreck Kush (R) x11, plus one Sour OG (F)...I feel like an ass for spending the cash, but the money was birthday money so what the hell!? I'm not sure if the promo is still good, though, supposed to be buy one pac get one free....didn't see the free one listed on the invoice afterward, but I hit submit anyway damn it....

Probably will pop the Jills right after the holidays sometime, at least that's my current thinking - maybe after the first of the year. Lots of company around the holidays, so it's usually a good time to take a small grow break. ;)

I can't wait to grow 'em, though! :high-five:

Grow Update - Day 59 Bloom

• Started flushing a couple of days ago. Will be harvesting Magic Bud and some of the more mature tops soon. Due to company and Thanksgiving, we'll have limited opportunities to harvest, so we're going to try to stage it some and hope that we can get a little more development for the lower budsites after harvesting some of the tops and the Magic Bud...
  • Sampled some of the Lucy last night... I was really pleased with the taste and the high, especially for having quick-dryed it. I got good and giggly afterward, and had a really nice night! Assuming it improves as it should with curing, I can see this being a favorite quickly.
  • I got an interesting Lucy pheno, that I've read about but haven't seen as much - the pistils don't really brown as much as they turn a light pinkish/beige color. This pheno is supposed to be a quicker finisher than the others, and I believe it - there were a fair amount of amber trichomes present when I checked her last night. It's a bit early to tell on the flavor completely, but there seemed to be a hint of lemon (maybe more like lemongrass) to it. Gave wife and I both a great high!

Some pics I took last night quick just before lights on:

Lucy tops (couple of Skywalker in the front, and a Lavender far left):
nov_20_4.jpg

Lavender:
nov_20_1.jpg

Lavender and Lucy:
nov_20_2.jpg

Lucy (hard to tell, but a lot of her pistils have turned - albeit to a light beige/pink...)
nov_20_3.jpg

Lavender:
nov_20_5.jpg

Mix (Lavender to the left, Lucy middle and back, Skywalker to the right):
nov_20_6.jpg

Wow! Really looking great, X! :high-five:

They all look fantastic, but there's something about that Lavendar that's real appealing to the eyes! :love:

Sounds like the Lucy is gonna be killer! :bravo: & +REPS!

Yep, +Reps from me too. I know I've said it before, but you've done a REALLY great job with this grow, and journal...:high-five:

And its settled. I'll be throwing 2 Jilly Beans into paper towels....New years day I think...

X, been a while. Those ladies sure fattened up nicely. They all look so great but i just love how they are all distinguishable from the other and theyre all so unique. Very nice grow. Cant wait for these smoke reports.

Hey XLR8!
I've been peeking in from time to time, and decided to jump in. You've really done a great job with the Flo N Gro and BPN. Your beautifully budded ladies look XLent! Looking forward to the thrill of Jill. Lots of good interesting info and conversation. Top notch journal. I wish I had more time!
:bravo:

Wow! Really looking great, X! :high-five:

They all look fantastic, but there's something about that Lavendar that's real appealing to the eyes! :love:

Sounds like the Lucy is gonna be killer! :bravo: & +REPS!

Thanks buddy. I appreciate that a lot. The Lavender is the beauty queen, but so far from the quick-dried buds I've sampled, Lucy is the real winner from a "high" standpoint. My initial hits of her were strong, a bit giggly, with a nice body buzz/tingle and a nice sustained "up" feeling without being too hyper. A whole lot I like about her in the vape already. Also a little lemony - reminds me of lemon verbena a bit. :)

Yep, +Reps from me too. I know I've said it before, but you've done a REALLY great job with this grow, and journal...:high-five:

And its settled. I'll be throwing 2 Jilly Beans into paper towels....New years day I think...

You guys rock - :thanks: Quix! New Years day might work for me too... I'll keep in touch with you on that one. :)

Back
Top Bottom